Author Topic: Schala and Lavos  (Read 11347 times)

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« on: July 12, 2005, 04:24:28 pm »
I was reading some people's theories on Schala...  I'm sure there's a hole in this one somewhere but here's what first struck me when I beat Chrono Cross.  See what you think.

We know Schala was immensely powerful...  More so than Zeal herself.  (And we know what a pain in the butt Zeal was!)  It's also been asserted that time doesn't flow inside Lavos' pocket dimension, but only time-error...  Thus, Schala didn't age.  But what really hit me was the simple fact that she was still alive in 1020 AD!

Think about it...  Lavos couldn't have merged with her without a fight.  And according to CC, "half of her mind" was corrupted by Lavos while the other half remained pure and intact.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that it makes Schala seem almost godlike.  See, my thought is that as a result of Lavos being woken up in 12000 BC, he would have destroyed the world right then.  But when Crono and the others left, there was nothing left for Schala to do but fight.  It kind of makes me think Lavos was preoccupied by fighting Schala...and that he didn't actually finish overtaking her until 1999 AD, when she finally gave in and died.

Anyway, I just found it interesting to think of Lavos and Schala going at it for 13000 years, until eventually it came to a near stalemate as they couldn't even attack each other, but simply press their wills against one another.  I'm sure there's a hole in this somewhere, but what are your thoughts and reactions to this?

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 04:28:05 pm »
Okay, so let me get this straight, you mean Schala and Lavos were fighting all the time they were merged?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:31:40 pm »
I'm saying that they would have fought conventionally at first...and later on they merged as Lavos struggled to overtake her.  Perhaps she was just too freakin' strong for him to kill her outright.  (This may explain why "other" versions of Lavos that you fight are WAY weaker than the full-powered Lavos at the Ocean Palace.)  By the time of 1999, Lavos would have finally finished Schala and consumed her, and then gotten ready to finish what he was going to do anyway...destroy everything.  But how it relates to the Darkness Beyond Time, and that incarnation of Lavos...  Well, I never have understood that very well, LOL. =P  I'm just surprised at how incredibly powerful Schala is.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 04:39:27 pm »
Quote from: Jake-A-Roonie
I'm saying that they would have fought conventionally at first...and later on they merged as Lavos struggled to overtake her.  Perhaps she was just too freakin' strong for him to kill her outright.  (This may explain why "other" versions of Lavos that you fight are WAY weaker than the full-powered Lavos at the Ocean Palace.)  By the time of 1999, Lavos would have finally finished Schala and consumed her, and then gotten ready to finish what he was going to do anyway...destroy everything.

No, not quiet. They woulden't struggle physiclly, because Lavos would be dying. As Schala drew near him, their life-forces combined, giving birth to a new creature. They remained there all that because the TD had to mature, evolve.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 04:42:11 pm »
I edited as you replied.  Check my edit.

As far as them struggling physically, I meant in the immediate hours and days after the Ocean Palace disaster...they would have fought just how everyone else fights Lavos.  Regular attacks, magic, etc.  As the millennia passed and they both grew weaker, that sort of stuff would have died down.  By 1999, he would have finished Schala off.  But a few years earlier at 1020 AD, she would still have a little bit of life left in her...not enough to fight, but enough to resist Lavos' corruption on her mind.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 05:39:17 pm »
Hum they were sent to the Darkness beyong time, I don,t think you can actually fight in there?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 05:40:11 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Hum they were sent to the Darkness beyong time, I don,t think you can actually fight in there?

Yes, you can, Serge was very much able to fight there.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 05:43:30 pm »
Well, I'm generally talking about before they went to the DBT.  DBT only happened after Crono destroyed Lavos.  But in timelines where Crono DOESN'T destroy Lavos, I imagine Schala and Lavos were just fighting down inside the earth, in Lavos' pocket dimension.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 05:43:42 pm »
That was the darkness beyong time? h well I tough it was some sort of pocket dimension because you could enter it using a small hole pretty much like the lavos Pocket Dimension hole.

So that means that even if Crono saved the world from Lavos all those people who died in 1999 AD still die but you doN,t see them, it sad :(

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 05:48:27 pm »
No, for the second time, they weren't fighting. Lavos was too weak to fight, Schala was just locked inside him. Lavos overtook her, and the remainder of her will was invested into making Kid.

And DBT existed even before the Lavos Timeline. Everything that ceases to exist due to Time Travel gets sent there.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 06:36:22 pm »
No, I'm talking about before Lavos got SENT there.  BEFORE he was too weak to fight...  I'm saying they went at it immediately after the Ocean Palace disaster, at the same location where Crono had just gotten vaporized by Lavos.  So I'm saying right after Schala teleports Crono's friends and Magus out of the Ocean Palace, she turns right around and starts fighting Lavos.  He's not weakened at this time, and they're not in the Darkness Beyond Time yet.  I'm talking about this COMPLETELY separate from Chrono Cross.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 06:40:42 pm »
No, I'm talking about before Lavos got SENT there.  BEFORE he was too weak to fight...  I'm saying they went at it immediately after the Ocean Palace disaster, at the same location where Crono had just gotten vaporized by Lavos.  So I'm saying right after Schala teleports Crono's friends and Magus out of the Ocean Palace, she turns right around and starts fighting Lavos.  He's not weakened at this time, and they're not in the Darkness Beyond Time yet.  I'm talking about this COMPLETELY separate from Chrono Cross.

Hmm, no. She wasted all her power to take her out, collapses (You see her collapse in CT), then falls into the gate.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 06:55:25 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Hmm, no. She wasted all her power to take her out, collapses (You see her collapse in CT), then falls into the gate.

HER power may be different from the PENDANT's power.  Her quote was, "The last of my pendant's power will send you to safety."  As far as the collapse, this may have been due to her emotions, not being physically weak.  (She also collapsed after sealing Crono and party out of the era at Magus' request.)  She's an emotional trainwreck almost every time you see her, so for her to collapse like that isn't far-fetched...especially if she knows that for all intents and purposes she's about to die.  So this is theoretically possible.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 06:58:35 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past

HER power may be different from the PENDANT's power.  Her quote was, "The last of my pendant's power will send you to safety."  As far as the collapse, this may have been due to her emotions, not being physically weak.  (She also collapsed after sealing Crono and party out of the era at Magus' request.)  She's an emotional trainwreck almost every time you see her, so for her to collapse like that isn't far-fetched...especially if she knows that for all intents and purposes she's about to die.  So this is theoretically possible.

I still can't see her fighting Lavos, for some reason. Schala just dosen't seem like much of a fighter, more like a supporter, healer. Though she does have attack magic, I really don't think she tends to use them.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Schala and Lavos
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 07:06:14 pm »
Not even if it's kill-or-be-killed? :)  I think when it comes down to it and everyone else is gone, and Schala's just alone with Lavos, her little "sissy" attitude would go out the window in favor of her instinct to survive.