Author Topic: Chrono Cross 70-80% NTSC Beta (Disc 1 Only)  (Read 19973 times)

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross 70-80% NTSC Beta (Disc 1 Only)
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 08:25:57 pm »
Kid's ponytail is hilarious in that last picture.  :lol:

PrincessNadia78

• Chronicler of Time
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • I didn’t “pick up” anything! It’s common sense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 08:30:55 pm »
Kid's ponytail is hilarious in that last picture.  :lol:

Ok, I'm glad someone else said it. LOL

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 11:45:13 pm »
Kid's ponytail is hilarious in that last picture.

I didn't even notice, hahaha! I was too busy noting the out-of-body-experience Serge having an existential crisis (and thus staring out the window with morbose longing).

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2018, 11:51:57 pm »
That's not a ponytail, that's her tracking system. It's pointing to a very important item.

Razig

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 11:54:56 pm »
I didn't even notice, hahaha! I was too busy noting the out-of-body-experience Serge having an existential crisis (and thus staring out the window with morbose longing).
General Viper seems to be handling it a lot better, but then again he only has one doppelganger to worry about.

kolt54321

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 10:07:43 pm »
Holy fuck, he came back.

CrAzY, I'm in the same boat—I started having a regular income after some Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon protos were sold, and I've never seen them dumped.

We have to venerate nullpointer forever. I mean, this is huge! How does this not have more replies? I'm trying to think of what we can do, even if it's a super late build:

• Create a patch to reinstate the debug room for a normal ROM
  • Dump the script—maybe this build was before Honeywood's late changes from Kato were in the game
  • Dump textures—some were changed for the US release so maybe there are some intermediate versions
  • And someone could literally just start a playthrough or something[/i]
Moving this thread into Chrono Cross Modification. nullpointer, we massively owe you.

Edit: I threw the link over to the TCRF's Discord. Maybe they'll investigate as well.

It gives me chills that so many years after the game, unreleased footage is still being released. I'd pay premium money for such a beta, and here NullPointer just releases it.

I saw the link on the Chrono Cross modifications page, and though "hey, how come I missed that a few months ago". Turned out it's a new development!

RandomNobody

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 02:58:15 am »
Are any files of this dump known to be corrupted? I notice nullpointer mentioned that his disc had some holes in the data layer, so I was wondering if there might be some errors in the disc image. Asking because I have a Chrono Cross disc also marked as 70-80% complete, and as far as I can see the disc is fully intact. It too is just the first disc, but I suspect that maybe the 70-80% build was only ever distributed as a single disc.

If needed, I can upload a .bin/.cue of my disc.

yaz0r

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »
Hey, just discovered this thread.
Looks like the file is gone, would it be possible for someone to reupload it somewhere?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:49 pm »
Seems the Compendium keeps a copy. Check the encyclopedia page. (The Compendium has gotten bolder I guess; the single-disc project is hosted too, but not in patch format.)

yaz0r

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:05 am »
Except that link is down, that's why I asked about it here :-)

yaz0r

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2019, 03:03:15 am »
Managed to get the iso through some other means. Some interesting things in there. Debug flag is located at 8006B322

Regarding the notes from the original post:
"I'm not sure if this is some effect of the disc corruption or the debug flag but I cant seem to get into any battles as the game just skips over it after the initial battle animation and returns me to the map with the enemy defeated."

If it's like the final version of the game, entering a battle while in debug mode will auto-win the battle.

prizvel

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Our planet's dream is not over yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 03:19:41 am »
Somewhere I have a disks, where I changed the executable to the ones in beta and also added 0-7 rooms.

CrAzY

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2020, 12:32:25 pm »
I am back after another 4 year gap of visiting the site, and what in the hell? I heard no news at all about this, and I still look at newly found prelease materials for a bunch of different games to this day.

Holy fuck, he came back.

CrAzY, I'm in the same boat—I started having a regular income after some Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon protos were sold, and I've never seen them dumped.

We have to venerate nullpointer forever. I mean, this is huge! How does this not have more replies?

This is quite amazing, indeed. Really glad to see that this happened. Damn, sucks to lose out on Goemon content. Mystical Ninja is one of the best games on SNES, they messed up not bringing more of them to the NA region.

Thank you, nullpointer. Really awesome of you to not let this fade away due to hardware failure of any kind, and to let fans of the game to get some joy out of it. Can't wait to try it out and see what it has to offer!

Glad to see the Compendium still up and running strong, Zeality. Even if I am a rare poster, I do really respect what has been built here. Great wealth of Chrono Trigger and Cross knowledge, some of the greatest games ever made.

I still think of that Chrono Trigger 3D remake from long ago. . . Give us more Chrono, Square!

& RandomNobody, if you ever return, please do upload whatever build you have! Could have interesting differences!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:40:05 pm by CrAzY »

Meower220

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2021, 03:43:08 pm »
Ignore my last post, re-uploaded it here:
https://archive.org/details/cc.-70-80.-ntsc.-d-1.-beta

Incase it goes down

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2021, 04:52:42 pm »
http://chronofan.com/Black/Other/CC.70-80.NTSC.D1.Beta.rar

Can someone confirm if this link works or not? It's always worked for me, but want to make sure something strange isn't happening...