Author Topic: So this Chrono Trigger fan game...  (Read 4350 times)

MastaSin

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
So this Chrono Trigger fan game...
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:23 am »
So my friend showed me this Chrono Trigger fan game he stole from someone else and I stole from his pc. It's really good, I wonder if it's possible talk about it in this forums?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: So this Chrono Trigger fan game...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:13 pm »
What was it? You can discuss it, we can't post the item anywhere or anything...

MastaSin

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:19 pm »
I'm glad, I gotta admit, I love the game, it's really good, well established, my only complain is the monsters are really strong, even the average monster.

So far I'm where you destroyed the Porre lab in the forests and brought Toma from the 600 to the age 1005 it was fun see Toma and his ancestor interact in the shrine. I don't know yet if Gaspar will have a role to play, but in case he doesn't, would anyone could explain what happened to him? Or should I wait to finish the game first?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:11:13 pm »
He has a role to play if it's Crimson Echoes. If it's Flames of Eternity, I have no idea.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »
 :shock:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:19:00 pm »
What? People talk about it in the Dead Projects section. I assume lots of people have seen the youtube vids. It's not too much of a spoiler to say Gaspar plays a role.

MastaSin

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 08:46:04 pm »
Yeah, I've reached that part finally, well anyway, I love the game you guys put together it's really entertaining and I can't wait to finish it.

I read in the beginning of the game, the game is not trying to follow canon, but I think they have been extremely accurate so far.

BTW, why Squarenix did asked you to put down the project if it's a fan based project, you're not making any kind of profit. It was really suckie from them.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »
The short version is: a certain person sent false information to Squeenix's lawyers, who didn't care enough to check it when they could just send a C&D, and those involved with the fangame could not afford the time or $$$ to take the matter to court and prove that they were in the right. If you want more detail, read the threads that were going on at the time—any and all other questions you have will have been answered there, probably repeatedly.