Author Topic: chrono cross ending sux  (Read 3185 times)

dick

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« on: July 12, 2005, 03:12:25 pm »
i just finished the game.. but omg that ending story by schala..

haha
she says that everyone is living to become the new lifeform that would be born if a planet (wich is an egg) would be inpregnated by a spermcell (she doesn't say what she means with spermcell). and that therefore life isn't meaningless.

the only reference this could have to the story is that lavos is the sperm who created humans.. but she doesn't really say it like that. so it's probably just some stupid japanese crap that doesn't really mean anything at all.

where did they come up with this shit

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 04:36:58 pm »
Quote from: dick
i just finished the game.. but omg that ending story by schala..

haha
she says that everyone is living to become the new lifeform that would be born if a planet (wich is an egg) would be inpregnated by a spermcell (she doesn't say what she means with spermcell). and that therefore life isn't meaningless.

No, my dear fool, she didn't say that. She called life-forms spermatozoa, yes, but the meaning is different. She said that when one of those seeds inseminates a planet, a new universe will be born. Anyone could be that one life form, and everyone else are a piece of a chain that leads to the creation of that life-form. Thus, everyone have a meaning.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:58:07 pm »
i actulary liked the ending. Which is a 180 from what i thought of the games plot.

dick

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 05:01:51 pm »
yea a 180.. aka bullshit

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 05:10:02 pm »
It means complete opposite, in fact.

dick

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 05:21:01 pm »
uh duh..

but i dont see how u can see it as a complete oposite..

it's just some story about the meaning of life that comes out of nowhere..
you'd expect some conclusion about what lavos is, or something story related.. but you just get some stupid theory, that really is bullshit.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 05:44:41 pm »
Quote from: dick
uh duh..

but i dont see how u can see it as a complete oposite..

it's just some story about the meaning of life that comes out of nowhere..
you'd expect some conclusion about what lavos is, or something story related.. but you just get some stupid theory, that really is bullshit.

No, you really don't. She just shows that everything is the same, small and large: The same way humans are born, so are universes. You might think you were used along the way: But everyone, from the boy in Arni that asks for a Komodo Scale to Belthasar who gave you to the Time Egg, all empowered you: You were the one chosen human to free Schala. Something like that, when placed against the universe is almost nothing. But then, even the universe is born the same way.

RPG's are deep: If you can't understand them, don't try to.

dick

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 05:55:51 pm »
see, that's just something you take from her story that might be right. but she doesn't say anything like it..

and about RPG's are deep :S.. I like it when a story is right.. all ends come together, every detail.
not just a lot of bullshit, and shaman talking that doesn't mean anything or isn't story related.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 05:57:48 pm »
~Sigh~

That's your take on things. No need to call it bullshit, because everyone else have a different approach. Say you don't like it, and that's that. O_O

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 11:32:51 pm »
Not everything has to be stated exactly for something to be really good. It's like some music where you don't really listen to the notes that aren't being played, but those that aren't. Get it? A lot of things can be open-ended so that many different people can take different things from it by incorperating their own personal experiences into the story.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 12:03:46 am »
SO true.  I think one of MANY reasons Chrono Trigger was such a success is because it was so open-ended.  12 different endings, and you never EXACTLY knew which one was the "real" one, even though you could narrow it down to 2 or 3 of them.  It was left up to your imagination as to what happened in Ayla and Kino's time after Lavos' defeat...  How Glenn's life went...  Robo and Doan in the new future...  And of course, Magus and Schala...that was the biggest mystery of all until Chrono Cross.  But yeah, they leave things open like that so you, the player, can decide for yourself personally what happened.

Example: Me, I like the mental image of a heroic Schala, fighting Lavos 'til her last breath trying to save herself, until either she is killed by him or someone intervenes, or until Lavos "absorbs" her and becomes the Time Devourer.  I like that...the Schala that never gives up hope.  Others just think she should have died right then, with the Ocean Palace collapsing on her.  Either way, we have our own ideas and I like mine. :)  That's what's nice about it being open-ended, eh?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 03:41:39 am »
I'll drop the fact there is no way Schala could fight Lavos and survive, and just agree with that.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 03:51:27 am »
Poor you, your brain must be so small to comprehend the game >.>
RPG's are deep. I for one loved the ending. Especially how Schala is looking for Serge in a modern Tokyo.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 03:54:06 am »
Though I always saw that girl as Kid, this is neither the time nor place to discuss this.

I loved the ending, too. It changed the otherwise bitter feeling you were used, and followed the feeling that CT gave: That all life is meaningful.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
chrono cross ending sux
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 02:10:47 pm »
Hoo boy, this is really analysis. Moving.