Author Topic: Chrono Cross Ghost Children related to characters in the Dimensional Vortex?  (Read 4075 times)

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
It could work, but then there's the issue that Crono and such visit the dimensional vortex before defeating Lavos. Except that they don't, because it's a New Game +...except that they do, because the Gates are still functional (they close after CT).

Since that's all vaporous, then I think we can go ahead and write our own theory in this case, just for a thematic tie-in. So yeah, I think this is pretty cool. We should put it int he next analysis review.

Except this paradox is somewhat resolved by the ideas discussed in the main DS-analysis thread- that the world in which the dimensional vortices exist is a new, revised dimension, created through the "initial" defeat of Lavos and his ensuing fusion with Schala(the idea of causality across time eras and dimensions is rather paradoxical and seems to resemble a 5-dimensional model- time within time) , which is why the vortices as well as a portal to the Darkness Beyond Time in which this fusion has already begun are present.

I was playing today, and I thought it was interesting, what Glenn says upon encountering the Steel Shade.  "Even if you are the real Chrono, we will not allow you to harm ours", indicating that at the very least, the Steel Shade bears a very strong resemblance to the genuine article.

X-SOLDIER

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://thelifestream.net/
It could work, but then there's the issue that Crono and such visit the dimensional vortex before defeating Lavos. Except that they don't, because it's a New Game +...except that they do, because the Gates are still functional (they close after CT).

Since that's all vaporous, then I think we can go ahead and write our own theory in this case, just for a thematic tie-in. So yeah, I think this is pretty cool. We should put it int he next analysis review.

Even if my initial reasoning isn't completely perfect, I'm glad I've got the topic rolling on this again, because it's something that feels more intentional the longer that I look at it; with the temporal locations of the Dimensional Rifts, as well as the specificities of the three characters who appear as Shades. I'll be sure to check out the main CT-DS discussion and give it a read through and see if anything else comes to mind (though perhaps one of you might be able to craft a slightly more solid theory from the little bits and pieces that I've brought up).

X :cool:

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
CTDS does an effort to connect CT with CC. They are most likely related.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Yeah. Got the theory added in full to the Ghost Children page & Salt for the Dead Sea article.

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Except this paradox is somewhat resolved by the ideas discussed in the main DS-analysis thread- that the world in which the dimensional vortices exist is a new, revised dimension, created through the "initial" defeat of Lavos and his ensuing fusion with Schala(the idea of causality across time eras and dimensions is rather paradoxical and seems to resemble a 5-dimensional model- time within time) , which is why the vortices as well as a portal to the Darkness Beyond Time in which this fusion has already begun are present.

I was playing today, and I thought it was interesting, what Glenn says upon encountering the Steel Shade.  "Even if you are the real Chrono, we will not allow you to harm ours", indicating that at the very least, the Steel Shade bears a very strong resemblance to the genuine article.

[quote = Magus_Brokenhart]CTDS does an effort to connect CT with CC. They are most likely related.[/quote]

Upon rereading this page, I once again reflected on Glenn's words. Perhaps this indicates more than a mere resemblance to Crono, perhaps Glenn truly senses that it is the real Crono whom they are fighting. If we tie this in with the idea that the party controlled in the vortices is not the most "current" version, but rather a version experiencing the alterations of the original; and if we also incorporate the theory that these Shades are in fact some form of CC's Ghost Children; this could all support the idea that said Ghost Children are indeed future versions (or actual ghosts) of Crono, Marle and Lucca.