Author Topic: Ico WIP  (Read 1055 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Ico WIP
« on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:01 am »
I know it's not Chrono, but here's another painting I am working on for class. Been following a theme of video games, apparently.

The windmill looks terrible, and I need to fix that bottom shadow (it won't disappear!). :o

(omg, this looks so much better at a distance... TEEEEE)

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
Re: Ico WIP
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:15:36 am »
Not bad. It's a Hell of a lot better than what I could do with paints, so I'll applaud you on that one.

Also, speaking of Ico, I really, REALLY wanna get the collection of Ico and Shadow of The Colossus on PS3, and I can't wait for The Last Guardian, either. I know that game's gonna wrench my heart out through my ass, but still.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:28:49 pm »
I like the style. Just on first glance, it reminds me of a particular style of artwork (the name slips my mind right now) that I've seen recently in an art gallery. Very thought-provoking, and I find the colors and style calming at the same time.

I like the ladder, and the two tiny people walking on the yellow ground. There's a lonely feel to this picture.... It makes me wonder about those two tiny figures, dwarfed by everything around them. Are they running away from something? Or just taking a stroll?

Good art makes you think and ask questions! :)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:25 am »
You're probably thinking of Giorgio de Chirico, the artist Fumito Ueda was inspired by to paint this cover art. In particular, The Nostalgia of the Infinite.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 02:25:53 am »
I've never seen his art before (to my knowledge), but you did lead me on the right track. I was thinking of surrealist Kay Sage's work. About three weeks ago I visited an art gallery that had much of her work there, and since she was heavily influenced by Chirico, it makes sense that I'd see the connection between your work and hers (and Chirico's, too!).

I think it's a wonderful painting. I hope you share the finished product with us when its completed! :)