Author Topic: FFVI for 3DS in celebration of 25 years?  (Read 1530 times)

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
FFVI for 3DS in celebration of 25 years?
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »
found this link on another board

http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&;layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.total-manga.com%2Fnews-jeux-video%2Fle-remake-de-ff-vi-sur-3ds-cette-annee-n-5537-6.html&act=url

The logo for FFVI and the gradient for 25th anniversary share the same gradient. Mog looks suspiciously similar to the art in the 25th anniversary logo. I hope they don't skip FFV. Say, when does Cross turn 15?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: FFVI for 3DS in celebration of 25 years?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:00:39 am »
That could be very interesting. If they can adapt Amano's design to 3D, there could be very impressive results.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »
The FFVI remake needs to be done with Dissidia-level graphics*. And it needs to have a Xenogears-style combat system. C'mon, there's already giant robots, it makes perfect sense!

My greatest fear is that we'll end up running around in Magitek armor in an MMO-style interface.

*But, then again...

Yeah, that would be infinitely better. Square Enix should hire Ahruon to bring Amano's artwork to life with beautiful, beautiful sprites. Well, one can dream.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:12:33 pm by FaustWolf »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:11:19 pm »
A FFVI remake? That sure would be great. Too bad it'd be for the 3DS, out of my reach. On the other hand, why skip V? Although on the other hand, III didn't got one either on the PSX and GBA like the others. Hmm...

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:23:04 pm »
Sounds like a rumor or fanwank to me, It would be really weird to fully remake FF6 because it is by no mean that popular in Japan compared to 3 or 4.

Yeah, that would be infinitely better. Square Enix should hire Ahruon to bring Amano's artwork to life with beautiful, beautiful sprites. Well, one can dream.

Realistically speaking, When they remake they will ask themselves just one question; to be chibi/toon or full proportioned which extend to game's areas.

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 03:59:27 am »
I would be more than happy to see this happen, but the "evidence" presented on that website seems to be, um, a bit of a stretch.

Also, I don't think an FF6 remake should have Dissidia graphics; Dissidia graphics is ugly. I'd much rather have something that looks like FF4 Complete or Bravely Default.

redandblack64

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:23 pm »
I would be more than happy to see this happen, but the "evidence" presented on that website seems to be, um, a bit of a stretch.

Also, I don't think an FF6 remake should have Dissidia graphics; Dissidia graphics is ugly. I'd much rather have something that looks like FF4 Complete or Bravely Default.
I may look more like Bravely Default, as it's by the same developer that did the Final Fantasy DS remakes.