Author Topic: Another FFXIII-2 interview surfaces - Chrono Trigger mentioned again  (Read 1551 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
First things first... greetings to my fellow Compendium folk!

Yet another mention of Chrono Trigger was asked in a very recent Final Fantasy XIII-2 interview. This time with producer Yoshinori Kitase.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/36521/interviews/final-fantasy-xiii-2-remaking-ff7-kinect-rpgs-and-killing-the-girly-feel/

The interview as a whole is actually quite interesting, but skip to the very last question on page 3

I am curious to know what your reactions were to Kitase's response.

(Note to mod: Feel free to edit in any way if news worthy)

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: Another FFXIII-2 interview surfaces - Chrono Trigger mentioned again
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:42:39 am »
How about make Chrono Brake? Thats an advancement from Chrono Trigger.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:56:47 am »
I would love nothing more... maybe if the PSN ports sell enough? According to those who take the time to rate their download after purchasing the item off the PSN, both Trigger and Cross have gotten fantastic scores.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any credible source for their sales figures. I suppose if you multiply the number of people who rated the purchase by the purchase price, we would get a very inaccurate estimate. Those numbers at least cannot be altered, as you need to purchase an item before you can rate it, and it is tied to everyones user ID.

For example: if 1000 people rated Trigger and 700 people rated Cross (both at $9.99), then SE cashed in $9,990 for Trigger and $6,993 for Cross... remember that these are extremely inaccurate as I would only be going about those who rated the purchase. If someone has the actual total downloads, then post it here!

I believe these are region locked as well, so sales in the UK and Japan would differ. Combine them all and we could calculate a grand total.

Getting back to Chrono Brake... I do remember hearing from Faustwolf that Masato Kato was returning to his roots in Ninja Gaiden 3... and I so happen to know the community manager at Tecmo-Koei in the UK... maybe... just maybe I could get him to squeeze an interview question out of him for the Chrono series during a Ninja Gaiden 3 interview.

It's a shot in the dark, considering the recent Game Over with Mitsuda, but why not?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 07:28:33 pm »
Oh, gatotsu was the one who found out about Kato working on the new Ninja Gaiden 3 (obsessed as I am with such things). Wow, so is the Tecmo/Koei office in the UK involved in Ninja Gaiden 3 at all?

Yeah, it's too bad sales figures in the videogame industry are so obscured. Even in places like the Apple App Store, it's completely opaque; sales could range anywhere from equal to the number of user ratings, to 100x the number of user ratings. It seems so much easier to get box office numbers from Hollywood -- I guess it's an industry culture thing?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:40:30 pm by FaustWolf »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 05:29:57 pm »
My friend interviewed producer Yosuke Hayashi

Like I said, it's a long shot, but I'll see if he knows anything :)