Author Topic: Anyone want to make a Chrono-themed Minecraft server?  (Read 925 times)

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Anyone want to make a Chrono-themed Minecraft server?
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »
There are a lot of good minecraft servers out there, but few have a consistent theme. In a Chrono-themed server we could recreate locations from the series, such as the different eras, etc. I'm sure by now you've all seen the Enhasa recreation on youtube. Better yet, a server filled with compendiumites would be a nice change. Sometimes the conversation to be found on some servers is a bit... challenged.

Just a thought.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want to make a Chrono-themed Minecraft server?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 05:11:36 pm »
I don't think such a server would see that much traffic, so someone could probably host it off a decent cable connection, but then abuse and vandalism becomes a real issue since there's nobody around to watch everything.

If you set one up, I suggest putting the minecraft server's files under version control and scheduling automated, 30-minute commits. That way if abusive users (griefers) show up to destroy things, you can just roll back their changes.

It'd also be a good idea to write a script to read the map files and compare them to see if there's been a significant disappearance of blocks or the creation of a lot of strange holes, since you can use that to automatically notify admins that someone's destroying a lot of stuff.