Author Topic: Schala after Cross  (Read 1409 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Schala after Cross
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:23:00 am »
So, at the end of CC Schala is freed. We don't know if she has fused with Kid or not. We don't know if she can timetravel or not. We know Kid (regardless of fusion) ends up in 200X-201X AD at some point to look for Serge in Tokyo. However, could it be possible that maybe Schala had absorbed some power from the Time Devourer. Basically one possibility I thought of was that Kid and Schala fuse together and after being part of the Time Devourer, gained enough power from their time together to timetravel. These are just some thoughts flowing through my head. :)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Schala after Cross
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:55:21 pm »
I like to think the two of them are not fused, and that the one on what looks like Opassa beach is Kid while the one in our dimension's Tokyo is the "true Schala". They do both seem to have gained a few traits from each other, namely Kid's choice of clothing and Schala's now permanently blonde hair. But they are clearly shown in two locations in space/time in the same ending so that's my conclusion. Remember the Chrono stuff doesn't take place in our dimension, so for Schala to be able to get "here" so to speak, she would need to be powerful one way or another. Absorbing energy from the Time Devourer makes a lot of sense.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:00:03 pm »
That gave me an idea, Bekkler. Did anyone ever read The Divide trilogy by Elizabeth Kay? I read it a long time ago. The adventure takes place between two dimensions (the real world and an alternate, mythical one). Avoid the link if you don't want spoilers (but considering it is a young adult novel series, if you haven't read it, you probably won't). Anyway, the "bittersweet ending" was always curious, and now I'm wondering if a similar ending occurred in Chrono Cross, with multiple Schalas, Kids, Schala/Kids, and/or Serges be shunted into various dimensions. I'm only speculating, as I'm not sure what would be the reason for such an occurrence. Might explain Schala in Tokyo though. Not that I believe there is a Schala in "our" Tokyo anyway; I always pictured that as some kind of thematic expression on Kato's part (didn't he explain it once?).

Interpret as you will.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:47 am »
Yes, he did.

Schala is not in Tokyo. Rather it was a thematic device meant to say "there might be someone like Schala in our world, looking for their own Serge".

What I find most interesting and somewhat hilarious about her search for Serge is that with time travel, she may very well run into Magus/Janus (the one she didn't wipe the mind of)...   but she's not looking for him. Thus, an attempt at a reunion might be met with a little indifference on Schala's behalf. "yeah yeah that's great Janus. You seen another blue-haired guy around here?"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:36:31 am by Captain B »