Author Topic: Arranged 1000ad world map town music.  (Read 1557 times)

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Arranged 1000ad world map town music.
« on: July 09, 2005, 03:17:12 pm »
http://www.geocities.com/shinrinwinterhart/Ctbetamusic.mp3

i change the first 4 instruments with the first 4 instruments of battle with magus.

Tell me what you think :D

if you can't download the file then wait an hour till you can, due to geocities suckiness. plus i can't acess my friends web server cause i somehow lost the paper with the addy on it. T_T

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 05:29:49 pm »
Don't know with it has to do with CE, but yeah, it's really nice. Gets a more "Kingdom" like feeling. Woulden't go well with 1000 AD's Truce feeling, maybe with 600 AD's Truce, if it had a theme, that is.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 06:17:01 pm »
Well, we're going to rearrange the entire soundtrack as best we can for CE, simply for the sake of change and freshness.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 06:44:14 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Well, we're going to rearrange the entire soundtrack as best we can for CE, simply for the sake of change and freshness.

It would be pretty nice if we use the bonus tracks from FFChronicles. They're fresh, and for some reason I imagine those being played "after" the CT scenario : "One sunny day" sounds like Nadia's Square without the Millenial Fair, "Scattering blossoms" sounds like a new overworld theme, "A meeting with destiny" sounds like a prosperous future theme...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 08:12:07 pm »
We just have no way to get them out of the PSX for now, unfortunately. So far we can use stuff from FF6 and probably Radical Dreamers with ease, but I was never able to learn if the .spcs from within FFC can be ripped.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 12:20:06 am »
Huh? maybe I could help there you can record what you hear on your PC if a Playstation exist you could play it and record it live, just a tough I did this often for the CT music then I tried google -_-

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 12:39:18 am »
Well, it has to be in .spc form, because this is a rom hack. At most, this entire project is only going to be a 6 megabyte download; probably not even that, if we plan it well enough so that we don't have to expand the rom.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 12:43:19 am »
oh I didn't though about the .spc, there are no tool made for that purpose making .wav/.mp3 or others in .spc? how do you guyz modify .spc by the way?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 12:56:53 am »
You can use Temporal Flux. http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification

Just open the CT rom, go to Music in the program, and find a track and edit the instruments. Make sure you have a Location open too, like Crono's house. After you change some instruments, go to Write to Location and then Save. Then go in game to hear the new music.

If the music is playing during a savestate, and you load that savestate, you will have to exit and re-enter the area or refresh the music somehow for it to be heard.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 08:10:26 am »
only 6 megs. Not bad. Thats easy download for me considering im on a 45K dial-up connection. *cries* oh well. Im just glad that CE was even thought of in the first place. The music in the game is gonna be good!

The music file (of the town) sounds great

~Darth LC