Author Topic: XI. Justice - Frog (Masamune & Hero's Medal)  (Read 3447 times)

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
XI. Justice - Frog (Masamune & Hero's Medal)
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:57:42 pm »
XI.
Justice:

Summary: *Reserved*

Symbolism: "The Justice figure seated or standing between pillars, scales in one hand (usually left), upraised sword in the other hand. Sometimes blindfolded."
(From wikipedia)

Keywords: Harmony, balance, equality, righteousness, virtue, honor, advice, a considerate person
Reversed: Bias, false accusations, intolerance, unfairness, abuse
(From themysticeye.com)

Description: "With Libra as its ruling sign, Justice is about cold, objective balance through reason or natural force. This is the card that tells the querent that excesses have consequences. Indulging in drinking and drugs will affect their health, just as excessive exercise can damage muscles and joints and working too much can make one neglect family and friends.

Justice urges the querent to make adjustments, do whatever is necessary to bring things back into balance: physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually. In a more mundane sense, this card may signal a court case, legal documents, adjustments in a marriage or partnership. The outcome of all of these may not be exactly what the querent wants, but it will be what they need. It will also be scrupulously fair. If the card is reversed, it can indicate bias, obstruction of the law, or legal complications."

(From Aeclectic Tarot)

Fool's Journey: "The Fool is looking for a new path, a new aspiration and inspiration for his life. Sitting uncertain at a crossroads he notices a blind wise woman listening to two brothers argue over an inheritance. They have come to her for judgment. One brother has the whole inheritance, the other has nothing.

"I ask that all of it be given to me," the poor brother demands, "Not only because I have a better right to it, but because I will not be wasteful with it, as he is!" But the rich brother protests, "It is rightfully mine and that's all that should matter, not what I do with it!"

The woman listens, then awards half of the rich brother's inheritance to the poor brother. The Fool thinks this only fair, but neither brother is happy. The rich one hates losing half his wealth, and the poor one feels he ought to have gotten all.

"You were fair," the Fool remarks to the woman after the brothers have left. "Yes, I was," she answers plainly. "With only half the inheritance, the rich one will stop being so wasteful. And the poor one will have as much as he needs. Even though they cannot see it, this decision was good for both."

The Fool thinks on this and realizes that he has spent his life achieving worldly ambitions and physical goods while leaving his spiritual self to starve. He ought to have given half his time and energy to his spiritual self, but he didn't. It's no wonder that he feels unbalanced. Thanking the woman, he heads out to restore equilibrium to his inner scales. '"

(from Aeclectic Tarot)

Feel free to post additional insights into the card, questions, & ideas for the artists to consider!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: XI. Justice - Frog (Masamune & Hero's Medal)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:58:23 pm »
Reserved for further info from Syna, Lady Marle or xcalibur.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: XI. Justice - Frog (Masamune & Hero's Medal)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 01:03:51 pm »
I don't think you could go wrong with this unless you tried really, really hard. That's all I've got to say on the matter!