Author Topic: Cheering the Holiday Season and Counting Down to Year's End  (Read 2060 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Cheering the Holiday Season and Counting Down to Year's End
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:51:07 am »
Carpe diem, my fellow Compendiumites! It's December 11, 2011. There are just 21 days left in the year. Three weeks! The Holiday Season is full upon us and spirits are at their highest. What do you hope for before the year is out, and what do you hope for in the year ahead?

Me, I hope to do some decisive work on my book, get my philosophy project launched, and immerse myself in new places. I suppose, in one form or another, that's what I've been hoping for--and working at--ever since I joined the Compendium eight years ago. My, but how the times and customs have changed since then. Yet the legacy of the Chrono series endures.

It's my favorite time of the year.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Cheering the Holiday Season and Counting Down to Year's End
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »
As soon as school priorities let up, I'm totally looking forward to reading the half a dozen unread books on my shelf. I'll finally have the time to do it. That, and practicing my writing and painting.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:32:11 pm »
Yes, I have quite the reading list ahead of me next year, too.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:33:56 pm »
Hurray! I hope everyone is enjoying good cheer, wherever they are.

At the moment, I'm trying to enjoy the atmosphere with good Christmas music and video games (SKYRIIIIIIM). I'm hoping to make eggnog this weekend, after a period of experimentation. I'm not the best cook, so it'll likely be a trial, if a very tasty one.

In the next year, I want to do a lot of what I've always wanted to do, which is write and go on adventures. I'm hoping for a 3-week trip to New Orleans, if I can do it on the cheap. Hmm...

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »
This next year I need to:

-  Find somewhere to stay before January 2nd.
-  Find somewhere to store all of my furniture, books, pictures that I won't be able to bring with me.
-  Find a source of income so I can buy food, pay for medication, start to pay off college debt, etc.
-  Find a permanent place to live.
-  Get health insurance.
-  Find a cheap therapist.

Not an exciting list, but when you're faced with dire circumstances, amenities tend to fly out the window.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 12:02:43 am »
Dammit, why am I seeing Skyrim everywhere?

Anywhos, ho ho ho. I'm gonna be Santa Claus this year (the thin one; I don't wanna go around stuffing pillows under my shirt), and will give someone the gift of literacy.

I'll also probably be doing the same thing as Syna there (minus the video-games, though I'd love to): Finish Polar Detective, my book, a professional portfolio of art, and indeed go on adventures. Australiaaaaaaaaaaa~

Not an exciting list, but when you're faced with dire circumstances, amenities tend to fly out the window.
Ouch! I really wish this Santa Claus here could help you...

AYE, EVERYONE! It's Christmas, dammit! It won't be Christmas if Saj is left behind like this...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »
I said it in the other thread, the Love thread, but it's just as valid here. Happy Winter Solstice!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 07:05:03 pm »
As we approach the new year I wish you all the best, and I wish those of you who need it--and some of you sorely need it--a season of triumph and satisfaction, and relief from your frustrations. I wish you wholesomeness of the mind.

I returned to the Compendium after moving on with life because of the C&D demand issued against Crimson Echoes about three years ago. It was good that I did return, because that year we had a Golden Age that brought me good relationships with several of you, and even a girlfriend!

Now though the encore is through, and the time nigh to trust this place unto the care of the next generation. I have been tying up my business here lately, and tonight I shall make my last visit before formally signing off. I'll be showing up on the "Who's Online" list for a while yet, as I go through some of my old posts for nostalgia and good content, but I won't be interacting. There will be no replacement for me, I know, but what I do not know is the extent of passion and deep thought that each of you, and those who have yet to come, will be willing to pour into these forums after I go.

For most of you, this is au revoir. Some of you I will be in touch with beyond the Compendium.

Of course...
If you're really lucky... ...
I may drop in from time to time to say Hello... ... ...

Happy New Year!

[youtube]Or50fEiwI0w[/youtube]

chi_z

• And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:37:08 pm »
I've been lurking here for about 3 years, never really bothered to register (nor do I post that much on any forum). Guess I'm just one of those lurker dudes then, but I'm always so busy anyways. Sad to see you go lord j, perhaps a new chrono game will bring you back into frequent activity one day soon? a new year and new hope g'bye 2011 you wretched thing, one more year and things will start to look up (after all this mayan crap perhaps the masses will pull their heads outta their asses and get things done in terms of social reform). 2013 couldn't be here soon enough!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 03:08:33 pm »
Going to miss you, Josh. I'm sure I have learned more from you, even if indirectly, than anyone else in this forum, so it's sad to see you go. Perhaps I'll see you elsewhere. Those Saturday night games were always fun...

Happy New Year, to you and everyone else in this wonderful community. I hope grand opportunities await everyone.

Syna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »
I'm sorry to see you go, Josh. I wish I could have contributed more to the betterment of the Compendium's culture by responding to more of your long posts as they deserved. Do stop by every once in awhile, if you feel inspired!