Author Topic: A question about Kino  (Read 16142 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 02:05:10 am »
Okay, so your saying that they can take an attack that destroys the world, but shouldn't be able to take a fall from a cliff?  Give me a break.  And FYI, they still fall of the cliff every time they take that gate to the prehistoric era, with the exact same effect everytime.  No difference if they have the armor, or don't.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 02:12:12 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Okay, so your saying that they can take an attack that destroys the world, but shouldn't be able to take a fall from a cliff?  Give me a break.  And FYI, they still fall of the cliff every time they take that gate to the prehistoric era, with the exact same effect everytime.  No difference if they have the armor, or don't.

AHEM!

Quote from: I
Plus, I think it's all the the new armor you got in the Sidequests (Rainbow Shell, and whatever other sidequests there are that give you armor I can't remember.)

All that armor that deflects it. Plus, if it WAS the attack the destroyed the world, that would really eliminate any need to continue fighting, as the world would already be destroyed. I think he only sends a few of the rays at Crono and co.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 02:57:52 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Quote from: Sentenal
If they can take Lavos' rain of destruction, why can't they take falling off a cliff?

Because Lavos' rain of destruction dosen't cause the pressure of their entire bodies to go against their bones, dangeruslly pushing up their pelvic bone. I've had a girl in my class how fell four stories down about six monthes ago, and the only thing that kept her alive was the fact she landed on the grass. She then went through a night of extensive surgury, and she's still in Aorthu-terhapy. Crono's guys would at least hurt their legs a bit, but they still have the power to fight off about ten Reptites of a blow that would of killed an ordinary human? Plus, I think it's all the the new armor you got in the Sidequests (Rainbow Shell, and whatever other sidequests there are that give you armor I can't remember.)  You overestimate them too much. Their powerful, yes, very, but still, it's a goddamn cliff!

That time they fell on the grass though :P

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 03:25:37 am »
Yes, they did, which means their pelvic bones woulden't move awfully away from their original locations. -_-

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 06:32:11 am »
At the top of Denadoro Mts, they jumped in a wind current ("want to become the wind?") and jumped from the top of the moutain straight to the bottom of it without any damage, so...

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 06:59:22 am »
i think that was just a visual affect used for the overworld. Because they were 'riding the wind' they probably would have just floated down slowly, the wind acting like a parachute, helping them along. Remember, the wind is in essence Masa and Mune.

~LC

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 07:05:42 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
i think that was just a visual affect used for the overworld. Because they were 'riding the wind' they probably would have just floated down slowly, the wind acting like a parachute, helping them along. Remember, the wind is in essence Masa and Mune.

~LC

Exactly what I was going to say.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 07:13:27 am »
good minds think alike

~LC

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 07:20:32 am »
Okay people, Chrono and crew were hurt when they fell from the cliff. When they fall, you can see the look on their faces and their legs too. Duh >.>. Also, in CC Dario falls off the cliff and died in one world... And he's like this super hard boss too..

Now about this Lavos vs Crono thing. Crono and crew neally did die, you'd need to heal them every now and then. The fact is that the Rain from the Heavens attack isn't the strong one that he uses to destroy the planet. That is a miniture version.

Also, like Gaspar said, all the hopes and dreams of all the people that Crono and crew have met is with them, making them stronger. It's back to that thing about carrying peoples hopes and dreams and making yourself strong.

Also, it's like saying "How did Lucca die?" is she was killed by Lynx, just like how he refers it to Kid by going "You'll soon see Lucca" when hes about to kill her.

They are human after all, it's not like a gun shot wouldn't kill any of them if it hit them in the heart, point blank range.

Also, about the baby falling down the mountain thing. I think it'd have a better chance of living than if an old person (adult) fell. It's like if an ant falls of a cliff, it won't die because it's to small to have impact. The smaller something when it falls from up high, the less impact. The bigger you are, the harder you'll fall :P

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 07:24:18 am »
Ah, Zaperking, you really shed light on the matter. Thanks for bringing up Dario's fall. To back it up, Dario was on the brink of death for about two and a half years, maybe even more.

Sentenal

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 10:44:28 am »
Crono and co. are powerful magic users, even at that point in the game.  They have powers that no other human has.  They can withstand crushing attacks from enemies, and still get back up and fight.  This is because of their power.  There is no other way to look at this.  They can survive it because they are strong enough.

And Lynx 'killed' (no body, no hard proof) by both suprising her, burning her orphanage, and threatening the lives of those children.  In a straight fight, Lucca>Lynx.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
A question about Kino
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 01:01:23 pm »
Quote from: Zaperking
Also, about the baby falling down the mountain thing. I think it'd have a better chance of living than if an old person (adult) fell. It's like if an ant falls of a cliff, it won't die because it's to small to have impact. The smaller something when it falls from up high, the less impact. The bigger you are, the harder you'll fall :P

A baby is also more fragile than an adult. It is very unlikely that an infant Kino would have survived falling from the Gate. So between that, the many timeline implications, and the fact that most of this discussion is based off of one NPC statement that I have missed every time I played CT, I believe that Kino simply could not have come from the future.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005, 01:05:55 pm »
Quote from: Luminaire85
Quote from: Zaperking

A baby is also more fragile than an adult. It is very unlikely that an infant Kino would have survived falling from the Gate. So between that, the many timeline implications, and the fact that most of this discussion is based off of one NPC statement that I have missed every time I played CT, I believe that Kino simply could not have come from the future.

Go to the area where's the party, after getting out of Mystic Mts. and before speaking to Ayla, which takes you to the party. Speak to the woman, and she'll tell you that statement.

And who said he's a newborn baby? A 2, 3 year old has strong enough bones to sustain the fall.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2005, 01:20:59 pm »
Interestingly, Gaspar refers to Heckran Cave as Mystic Moutain :
OLD MAN: You found a Dreamstone!
   I'd forgotten how beautiful they are.

You'll need to find someone that can
   process that mineral. You'll probably
   find him in Medina, a village near the
   Mystic Mountains.

Perhaps the Medina Gate would really lead to Prehistory (if the party didn't end up in the End of Time before that).

Also, we don't know if Kino popped out naked or if he had a cradle or some clothes that would protect him.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2005, 01:45:54 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Interestingly, Gaspar refers to Heckran Cave as Mystic Moutain :
OLD MAN: You found a Dreamstone!
   I'd forgotten how beautiful they are.

You'll need to find someone that can
   process that mineral. You'll probably
   find him in Medina, a village near the
   Mystic Mountains.

Perhaps the Medina Gate would really lead to Prehistory (if the party didn't end up in the End of Time before that).

Also, we don't know if Kino popped out naked or if he had a cradle or some clothes that would protect him.

No, we don't.

As for the gate... I think he meant: "The Mystics' mountains" rather then "The Mystic Mountains."