Poll

How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?

Anything for playable Schala!
16 (40%)
Replacement is bad, but Ayla is the right one.
10 (25%)
Schala should have replaced someone else.
6 (15%)
I wanted the original cast.
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 08, 2005, 05:41:46 pm

Author Topic: 7/16/05 - How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?  (Read 12298 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
7/16/05 - How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 07:19:47 pm »
Hmmm...I think that Frog should be changed into Glenn sprites...those kick ass ones from that one ending where you beat it by killing Magus, but before reviving Crono...That'd be awesome...But it'd change his Slurp abilities somewhat, I suppose...But I think it'd be cool to replace Slurp Cut w/Nirvana Strike!

Oh, and really, I think I'd prefer Marle to be replaced...It'd seem like the two of them'd have similar Techs...Or at least maybe similar stats...Or something...Ayla was just her own little powerhouse, it seems like a waste to replace her...Whereas Marle sucked the big one...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 08:11:14 pm »
Yeah, Frog will use the Glenn sprites.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 12:40:02 am »
Hum I doN,t like the idea that Frog becomes Glenn since it's based on the Fatc that you killed Lavos or that you buyed the remake and taked the happy ending has a fact. It make me think about animal farm teh book and the movie if you don't know what I eman her's my explanation :

Animal Farm is a great book by the way. It's a story about a farm that get rid or the farmer and lives by themselves (that,s why it's call animal Farm). Then they decide all animals are equals and call that animalism and they make a bunch of rules. The easiest one is "four legs goods, 2 legs bads" for the sheeps but they consider winged has 4 legs I guess.
Animalis eh? well it's very similar to communism, right? Well yes, George Orwel Made it that way, to show why communist went bad. So anyway skip to the end all goes wrong and now all the rules have been put to one : "Four legs good, two legs better" and all the pigs walk on two legs. The life quality is lower than it was un the careless farmer. and it's the end, it's nearly slavery.

Animal farm is a bad movie by the way. now it's nearly the same story but when all goes wrong animals are all "slaves" and everything is really bad for everyone except the pigs well a nice family comes and buy the farm...

That's how I see the Glenn/Frog thing, I would really liek to see Frog has Glenn (or Glenn has hiself) but it doesn't seem right. The projet looks really great but there should be a reason that Glenn is now human and not the PSX ending.

I just hope it won't be based on the PSX ending, oh well if the compendium alreayd thoguh of that my post is useless and I will delete it since I would look stupid  :oops:

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 06:17:44 am »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Animal farm is a bad movie by the way. now it's nearly the same story but when all goes wrong animals are all "slaves" and everything is really bad for everyone except the pigs well a nice family comes and buy the farm...

Huh? Didn't this happen in the novel too? It's been a long time, but I remember the pigs meeting and dealing with humans or something and the other animals not distinguishing pigs from humans anymore because of their behaviour.

Arashi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 01:56:15 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

Huh? Didn't this happen in the novel too?

Yes, it did.

Anyways, I can't say that I hate Ayla, but I didn't like her much. But I am a huge fan of Schala, so, uh...

"Get on with it!"

I voted that you indeed should drop Ayla for Schala. Why? Well, I am a huge fan of Schala... And I didn't use Ayla much, so, uh...

"Get on with it!"

Yeah. I just prefer Schala of Ayla. >_>;;

-Arashi

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 02:25:44 pm »

Huh? Didn't this happen in the novel too? It's been a long time, but I remember the pigs meeting and dealing with humans or something and the other animals not distinguishing pigs from humans anymore because of their behaviour.

No they dealt with human but pig were in lead of the farm but were accepted by human because they walked on two legs and had whips -_-.

In the book no human possses the farm only pig and it ends bad not "happily ever after"

Arashi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 03:43:40 pm »

No they dealt with human but pig were in lead of the farm but were accepted by human because they walked on two legs and had whips -_-.

In the book no human possses the farm only pig and it ends bad not "happily ever after"

Yes, but the animals other than the pigs were treated as slaves in the end? And, it's true that no humans posessed the farm at the end of the book, but, at the same time, Mr. Pilkington had come to examine the farm.

But, at any rate, let's get back on topic; the discussion is about whether Schala should replace Ayla as a playable character in CE, not about Animal Farm.

-Arashi

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 04:25:44 pm »
:?   :(   :cry:   :x

My view is probably very different than most people, considering Ayla is my second favorite charatcer behind Crono. I like how the games are focused around Schala, but you never get to play her. Sure it would be great to have her on a team, but I would see her powers as a cross between Magus and Marle. Basically if Magus had healing powers, is what I see Schala as. Ayla is such a unique character battlewise, it is dissapointing for her to get the boot. Personally I wouldn't trade anyone for Schala, all the charcters are excellent in thier own way none are replaceable in my mind.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 05:55:35 pm »
It seems like Schala would have spells more like Magus' Barrier spell. What are those types of spells called? Supplementary? I dunno...

Also, even if you don't agree with the new endings, the fact of the matter is that they are sanctioned by Square, so they're official. Frog tuns to Glenn no matter what. I choose to believe that it's because the gates closed and Magus' spell was cut off from him...and/or Magus cut the spell later for whatever reason...

Another reason to have Frog as a Glenn is because he's awesome looking...We...we are talking about the awesome Glenn sprites and not the lame NPC sprite Glenn...right?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 07:27:23 pm »
I assume they are talking about end-of-game Glenn sprites...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 07:37:02 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Another reason to have Frog as a Glenn is because he's awesome looking...We...we are talking about the awesome Glenn sprites and not the lame NPC sprite Glenn...right?

Awesome yeah... provided someone draws the running and battle sprites that go with it.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 12:30:14 am »
Animal farm was use to make a parallel on the game.

I like SilentMartyr view on thing I feel the same but I would like some changes and Ayla was only my third favorite.

Quote from: V_Translanka

Also, even if you don't agree with the new endings, the fact of the matter is that they are sanctioned by Square, so they're official.

I see your point and I hate SE for this. I mean why does every game has to have an happy ending, Magus didn't, Robo didn't. I never played the PSX version and I don't think I will since probably one day I'll be able to just download all the FMV scene on compendium.

They can't use the lame one since it was Glenn younger, so they are kind of obligated to make a new set using the "awesome Glenn sprites" or else it's like taking a nobody sprite paint his hair green and you got the new Glenn!

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 05:26:45 am »
I will since probably one day I'll be able to just download all the FMV scene on compendium.[/quote]

You already can, they're up on Chronicles.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 08:02:08 am »
What FMVs for download!!!??? Im there! *runs of to Chronicles*

~Darth LC

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 08:15:42 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
What FMVs for download!!!??? Im there! *runs of to Chronicles*

~Darth LC

Go into the site, not the forums.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/chrono/ct_movies.shtml- CT Anime Cutscenes

http://www.rpgplanet.com/chrono/cc_movies.shtml- CC FMV