Poll

How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?

Anything for playable Schala!
16 (40%)
Replacement is bad, but Ayla is the right one.
10 (25%)
Schala should have replaced someone else.
6 (15%)
I wanted the original cast.
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 08, 2005, 05:41:46 pm

Author Topic: 7/16/05 - How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?  (Read 12300 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
7/16/05 - How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?
« on: July 08, 2005, 05:41:46 pm »
In Crimson Echoes, Schala will replace Ayla. What are your thoughts?

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 06:06:40 pm »
None of the choices showed what I think, but I went with the first one.

Schala is a cool character, she uses Zealian White Magic (Unless you'll make her different in the remake, or unless I'm mistaken?). Ayla, too, adds the story a new feeling: She's a human who wasn't defiled by Lavos' Flame. However, being as she can't use Magic, or weapons, or has that much of a backstory to her, I think she's the most optimal choice of a character that needs to be replaced. Not that ANY character should replace Schala, it's just that Ayla is the one with the least importance, or backstory, for that matter.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 06:29:05 pm »
I would rather having the original cast or 9 but since it's a rom hack you probably can't. I always liked Ayla but since her sidequest what removed or jsut never planned she have no backstory, so since one had to be remove I guess she was the more fit, I jsut hope she'll be in the game a way or another (maybe she join and die blah blah blah and then Schala join). Atleash put her in the game has a NPC!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 06:53:20 pm »
Yeah, she's in. Pregnant though.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 07:34:29 pm »
I'd love Schala to be playable :).

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 07:54:09 pm »
Will Schala have her pendant though? If both Marle and Schala travel in time, should one of the pendant disappear because of Time Bastard?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 07:55:52 pm »
Uh...wtf...Damn, I KNEW I needed to check out what Crimson Echoes was all about...

Sounds awesome enough, I suppose...Would she join after the Ocean Palace incident then? Or...I'm guessing things are wholly new...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 08:01:29 pm »
Damn. That is where Time Bastard begins to break down. I suppose...she wouldn't. Wow, that's a tough question.

Schala joins *spoiler after you bail her from the ruined Ocean Palace/Black Omen beneath the sea in 11998 B.C. Of course, there's an intermittent period after where she catches up with Magus.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:19:41 pm »
Wait, someone explain that second choice:  Does it mean that you would rather not have anyone replaced, but if someone was replaced, it should be Ayla?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 11:49:58 pm »
Yes. Some people really want the entire CT team, but would concede Schala.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 12:20:49 am »
Okay, I'll go with that one.  I'm not really sure what Crimson Echos is about, but this is perking my intrest in it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 12:23:12 am »
I'll throw out a quick explanation. It's an adventure between CT and CC, but instead of a mundane telling of the events of Keystone T-1 (which are basically, Guardia falls and Chronopolis is built), a whole new enemy is introduced, and tons of plot, items, etc. revolve around material from both games and also some of our own analysis. It's a rom hack, but we hope to plan it so well that we can tightly integrate it.

Criosphinx

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 07:07:17 am »
It is ok to replace Ayla... but, no one else will be replaced ...i don't know.... well.... i mean .... What 'bout Frog ?! He will continue being a frog ?... I mean... he's Glenn, right ?! Crono , he still have something to do with the story ? Lucca, will be killed by Lynx or things will happen before that ? And Robo ....well, i'm getting to far, but.... what really wanted to know is : Things will happen before the end of game or after ?
I'm really looking forward to this project ....good luck :D
(By the way i'm new here....i hope you guys don't mind ... i don't know... maybe i shouldn't write too much... :? that's all)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 07:22:43 am »
Wow, I was just going to say about Ayla being pregnant, never knew that was going to be in the plot, Zeality..

Well I didn't vote for any of the options, because they don't suit how I felt that Ayla should get cut from the adventure >.<

I was thinking that Ayla should be a playable character, but maybe like after 3 scenarios they realise she's pregnant.... (BTW, is she pregnant with Leah? Or is Leah still her mother XD I was thinking of Leah before I realised you were going to have Ayla pregnant because names could have run by your past mothers XD Ayla => Leah => Ayla => Leah. lol)

The point would probably be if you are acctually goning to time travel back to 64,999,998B.C. If you are, then you'd know that shes pregnant, but I still say after a few scenearios so we still have her. Maybe like 2 scenearios after Schala is retrieved, Ayla leaves and Schala becomes a participant after being a bystander. That way we get Alya for a bit, then Schala.

Maybe like every 2 scenearios after then, you could go back to Ayla and her belly would be bigger and bigger ^_^.

Thats my $0.02

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005, 07:35:40 am »
ya know, I dont care at all! Just get Schala in CE!!!

~LC