Poll

How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?

Anything for playable Schala!
16 (40%)
Replacement is bad, but Ayla is the right one.
10 (25%)
Schala should have replaced someone else.
6 (15%)
I wanted the original cast.
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 08, 2005, 05:41:46 pm

Author Topic: 7/16/05 - How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?  (Read 12366 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
7/16/05 - How do you feel about Schala replacing Ayla?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 05:58:58 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Yeah, that's what's odd about the ending. Either way, Lavos would STILL land!

In that alternate ending, the Reptites must have been the ones who came in contact with the Frozen Flame.. In the Dragonian dimension, the Ice Age didn't happen because Lavos didn't fall at all but in this one it did fall and so must have the Flame.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 06:00:37 pm »
Hum Reptites DIED because of the Ice Age and the Ice Age appeared BECAUSE Lavos landed so I guess it's not it, just a funny ending, like the one where you see Glenn has Marle Ancestror

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 06:03:30 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Hum Reptites DIED because of the Ice Age and the Ice Age appeared BECAUSE Lavos landed so I guess it's not it, just a funny ending, like the one where you see Glenn has Marle Ancestror

But Lavos needs advanced species for him to grow, so he could have used the Frozen Flame to change the Reptite cold blood into warm blood (or something) for them to survive...

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 06:15:11 pm »
I doubt he would change their blood, but he probably grant them with powers so great they could warm themselves up.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005, 11:51:49 pm »
My thought: ANYTHING for playable Schala!

I agree that it's a little weird to see her doing physical attacks...  And what would her weapon be anyway?

As for her magic, a lot of people seem to be saying she'd be a healing person, just 'cause she's good, and she's a pretty girl. =P  Personally I'd picture her as being a lot like Magus -- and not just because she's his sister.  I just picture her as being master of many elements...  She's the non-elemental Bahamut, in my opinion...and a magic-attack powerhouse.

That's my 2 cents. :)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2005, 01:00:20 am »
When Schala use her Magic I think she took her pendant in on hand and say some magical word. No physical Weapon even, maybe Ayla could teach her Triple Kick and stuff :P For her Magic I think that she could have (if hacking Roms allow it) have the Lock skill, for enemy (like the blue eyes in the Black Omen) since she can lock a Time Gate, seconds would be to enhance (sp?) Magic like in Chrono Cross... that tech that does that... She can teleport Party Member so she could teleport heavy item much like Azala with the Rock attack

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2005, 03:03:35 am »
That'd be interesting...  I think maybe the pendant would be her physical attack...even though it really wouldn't be "physical," we've all seen those characters that their standard attack is something magical...like a basic blast of small energy from the pendant.  (So she goes into chanting-stance, holding the pendant out, and then a little burst of energy shoots out like Lucca's gun graphic, and hits the enemy.)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2005, 03:15:28 am »
Maybe it's more like she can use the pendant as a physical attack by using a bit of power to send a bolt of energy towards the enemy. But since weapons upgrade in the game, maybe at first she doesn't know where her amulet went, and that she says that Marle's is Marle's keep. Then a mini quest happens to find Schala's true pendant, which in the end of the game, a series of events (like a clip) shows that it was lost again and somehow the first ever Guardia King found it and gave it to his wife, who passed it down xD

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2005, 03:31:55 am »
There is no need of upgrade, for example Ayla (which fit perfectly here since Schala will take Ayla's place) she never get better weapon except by leveling. Schala could be the same

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2005, 04:18:39 am »
Yeah, but Ayla's fists DO actually change when she levels up (from regular, to copper, to finally, bronze).

I like the idea of Schala having support abilities (like Magus' Protect spell) rather than healing abilities. Wait, did I already say that?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2005, 01:36:08 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Yeah, but Ayla's fists DO actually change when she levels up (from regular, to copper, to finally, bronze).
quote]

Quote from: DarkGizmo
for example Ayla (which fit perfectly here since Schala will take Ayla's place) she never get better weapon except by leveling.

Exactly what I said, so you could make Schala ability upgrade in herself when she reach certain level (if possible) and not finding awsome new pendant lying in boxes :P

Zizzlebop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2005, 03:27:00 pm »
Alya was probbly the weakest character story wise, and it would not suprise me if Square planed for Schala as a playable instead of Ayla.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2005, 01:03:32 am »
Quote from: Zizzlebop
Alya was probbly the weakest character story wise, and it would not suprise me if Square planed for Schala as a playable instead of Ayla.

mabye but she did have some of her stuff taken out in the game due to space restraints e.g her sidequest which was probally singing mountain

besides she does have some good development and other stuff story wise just not as much as other char's

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2005, 01:22:06 am »
Not to mention that if you take her out, she gets THAT much less development and becomes an even worse character...Maybe take out Magus? He certainly had his time to shine, and it'd be super easy to have him not join you!

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2005, 07:06:58 am »
take out Magus? Are u kidding me?? Magus is every1s fav character (well, most) he still has a background story that can be developed lots. I hardly ever used Ayla in CT, bare fist fighters suck, which is why i never used monks in FF1, and I hated that monk guy in FF4. still add to Ayla often, maybe have her give advice to the party about fighting better! Ape style! Burn babonga burn! *play pre-historic music here*

~Darth LC, dancing in 65 mill BC!! Hey that rhymed!