Author Topic: General Tarot Discussion thread  (Read 21254 times)

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
Re: General Tarot Discussion thread
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 10:02:37 am »
That actually works better than what I had envisioned.  :D

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 03:25:57 pm »
Another questions: Would you guys prefer "illustration style" art, Cel-Shade, or deeper painting like this?

EDIT: Sorry, fixed it. Somehow it didn't attach the file... So yeah, choose your poison, people.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:30:45 pm by tushantin »

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »
Another questions: Would you guys prefer "illustration style" art, Cel-Shade, or deeper painting like this?

EDIT: Sorry, fixed it. Somehow it didn't attach the file... So yeah, choose your poison, people.

Ha ha ha, you beat me in my favorite character’s card (It’s my entire fault for neglecting my responsibilities)!!!!I love the concept you are developing … I attach a few quick sketches I did based on your idea (they have a thousand mistakes, though). The idea would be portraying a teenager Janus or a kid Janus (either way works for me)? My personal color choice would be illustration style or a deeper painter style, like the one of the artists you mentioned a while ago. Is there a chance I could contribute with the coloring of this particular card =)?

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/File:Janus_sketches.jpg.html

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 03:45:46 pm »
I also like what you're doing with it! The clothing looks very Zealian, & in general Janus very much looks the part of the Page of Cups. =D He looks mournful and wistful.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:49:13 pm by Syna »

Syna

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 03:47:06 pm »
Also, we'll see what happens, but I'm hoping to knock out quite a few threads in the next few days. Anyone should feel free to chime in with their own sources, or make new threads themselves.

Apologies again to tushantin for accidentally ignoring his explicit instructions XD

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 03:47:15 pm »
I imagine that the illustration would be best. It leaves the most options available when it comes to getting both the color and imagery done just right.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 03:52:27 pm »
@Angerona: I'm so sorry!  :cry: I didn't know you wanted to do this one. You can take over if you like. I'll PM you the lineart. Of course, if you'd prefer your sketches instead, well... it's a challenge!  8)

Apologies again to tushantin for accidentally ignoring his explicit instructions XD
Okay, now I seriously feel you're trolling me! XD (The instructions have changed based on the alignment, and may again later)

@Manly Man: Hah, looks like illustration's ahead. Let's see what others choose, then we'll go with that.

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »
@Angerona: I'm so sorry!  :cry: I didn't know you wanted to do this one. You can take over if you like. I'll PM you the lineart. Of course, if you'd prefer your sketches instead, well... it's a challenge!  8)

Okay, now I seriously feel you're trolling me! XD (The instructions have changed based on the alignment, and may again later)

@Manly Man: Hah, looks like illustration's ahead. Let's see what others choose, then we'll go with that.

Ha ha ha, please don’t worry, you are doing an excellent job ! I think it would be much better if we develop this together as co-workers (I have been wanting to collaborate with you in an artwork for a long time ^^), so please keep working on it and I will do the same and let's exchange ideas! Also  I will start working with sketches of the other cards that have been settled already =) as well (slowly because I still have some work to do this week but I will do my best not to neglect the project again! ).

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 04:10:58 pm »
(I'm actually glad people like the Sherwani idea; indeed, they look very much Zealian.)

Awesome! I may not have time tomorrow, though, coz a status report is pending, but we'll take it.

BTW, what tools do you use? I ask because it'll be easier to share files. Vector? Sai?

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 04:15:49 pm »
I usually ink and do the gray-scale coloring with Sai and add colors an effects in Photoshop   :wink:, but I can use illustrator as well.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 04:33:03 pm »
Fine, choose your pick.  :P Sai or Illustrator. I'd prefer Sai for more control, but Illustrator because it's vector so high-res.

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 04:48:13 pm »
Fine, choose your pick.  :P Sai or Illustrator. I'd prefer Sai for more control, but Illustrator because it's vector so high-res.

If it’s for the line art only I would say let’s try with Sai (with a very high resolution)and see how things work out (I believe Sai has an option for using vectors with the linework layers so maybe we could use it  =)).

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 05:15:59 pm »
I'm leaving for today but I promise to stay in touch  :wink:!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 05:26:47 pm »
Aye, Sai it is! :D

Syna

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 05:23:53 pm »
Hey RushingWind, if you are still game to do the poetic summaries, I saved a spot for them in the threads I made. =D