Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Released on Android  (Read 2287 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger Released on Android
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:03:25 pm »
Hey there Android users, GOOD NEWS!

Square Enix finally released Chrono Trigger on Android, presumably with the same script and extra content of the DS version, but with its own new touch screen controls (ported from its iOS version of course).

The big advantage to CT on Android over the DS? The price, of course. It's ten bucks. Read more in the article linked here, and purchase at google play, linked here.

[youtube]uMy3M_vgDt4[/youtube]

http://androidcommunity.com/chrono-trigger-finally-arrives-on-android-20121029/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.chrono
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:10:17 pm by FaustWolf »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Chrono Trigger Released on Android
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 08:39:28 am »
Aw, man! Reading this I was so excited, until I saw the reviews on Google Play. Apparently, SE must have been reckless with the port, but that's expected since different hardware and software may have different demands.

While the port may be cheap for most First World folks, it's still too much for a game. Half a grand for a game I've already played in the past? I'll have to think twice.

But of course, you can still have the SNES classic in... other ways. :cry:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »
Yeah, I was only comparing the price to the DS version, which is six times higher (or it was when it was initially released).

With most apps and most big games being either free or under $2USD, it's very risky to have CT set at a price so high in the Android market, especially with no free version or try before buying option for customers who are worried about how well it will work with their device. I have the snes version with touch controls already so I'm not jumping at the chance to get it, but I do acknowledge that it's cool and would like to see more popular games added to the Play market.

You're right though, that price needs to go down if they intend on having any kind of serious sales figures.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:10:42 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if this throws a fit on rooted devices.