Author Topic: Gandhi and Me  (Read 1256 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Gandhi and Me
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »
UPDATE: Sheeeit! I got the frenzy. The Josh Frenzy! I just realized how huge my post was that I had to delete some sections. o_o"

Mates, I've a confession to make. I'm... I'm.......... a Leprechaun. YES, I partake in mischiefs, YES, I play pranks on those who least expect it, YES I love green and am incredibly short, and YES I've got a pot of gold hidden at the end of the rainbow. IT'S ALL TRUE!!

That, and it's the birthday of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, aka Bapu (Father) Gandhi, aka Great Soul Gandhi, aka Mahatma Gandhi!

Agreed not many would actually go ahead and celebrate the birthday of this great man (despite some of his... grotesque habits *shudders*), but he certainly deserves every salutations he can get. The dream he envisioned is coming true with every passing day, and the world and philosophy he envisioned is being embraced by people in every nation. But he was simply an architect: it is our duty to lay the foundations of a perfect world and the bricks of moral fiber within that world. There's no question that his philosophies may not have been only the result of his travels but also probably influenced by the Multi-Religious Prophet (yes, there is such a thing) Sai Baba of Shirdi. But despite what anyone might say, his philosophies worked. Despite what people's beliefs are, though his thoughts were different his choices were wise and realistic. This man had a dream, an impossible dream, but when he fulfilled it he transcended into a Mahatma of his time. A person like him only comes once every 500 years, but every nation deserves him nevertheless. He is worthy of a countless praises and songs, and today I salute this guy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLD MAN! And thank you! That dream of yours WILL be fulfilled, if not by anyone else then us of the SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH!

Today its Gandhi's birthday. Tomorrow it's Tushantin-day (Tu-Day, in short). Turning 22. My name (and username) has a funny story behind it. At birth, there was a debate what name would be suitable for me; some ideas were so queer and impossible to pronounce that I would have died if my aunt hadn't named me "Tushant". As for my username: y'all know I was born in a poor family, and that's no secret. So it's obvious that being a 13 year old I wouldn't know jack about computers, so I asked a good friend to teach me how to "e-mail", even though I had no freakin idea what I was gonna do with it. My first Email ID was "CrazyChicken", because that's what I was called back then (hint: it was an insult targeted towards me, but I was too stupid to feel bad about it). But apparently the next day my password wouldn't work, so I tried to mimic what my friend did and eventually got the hang of this "Internet" thing. I chose the simplest username that occurred to me: "tushantin". That was a username I hence used everywhere (with the exception of Hotmail).

Been here for three whole years and I've no idea how time flew past. My first post at the Chrono Compendium in a Chrono Game Music thread was claiming I listened to Chrono Music... weird. Reading back some of the old posts I've been involved in I realize just how much active it was at those times (I stay away for a day and there's ten pages in a single thread for me to read). I've even enjoyed playing in amusing threads that catered towards everyone, including the newbies; it was where I first assumed Crono evolved from a Pikachu (I miss that bastard V_Translanka; the guy, with his incredible wits and humor, made me laugh). People loved the games so much, then loved the lovers of the game, and some of you ever got married. As FW said it's kinda tear-jerking to see kids grow up (IN THREE YEARS); that and at the age of 18 I sounded like a freakin' 10 year old. I don't even know what changed me. *glares at linguists at the Compendium* ...Oh.

Had some wonderful times and some miserable ones too. You guys are like family to me.  :( I realize that I've been the Spongebob of your Bikini Bottom, or the Annoying Orange to your sacred kitchen (and screaming KNIFE), and even though I enjoyed every moment of being as annoying and weird as possible I think it's time to stop. And in that spirit, I apologize any stress I've caused; I know I'm a selfish prick, but somehow even my nicest of intentions got misinterpreted as assholery along the way. I never had any foes here at the Compendium: I loved everyone, and everyone I met was a friend (save Dark Fucking Serge). Thank you for being able to tolerate me for such a long time. XDDDD But I must confess that I enjoyed being a retard and a genius in my life; maybe I'm the only one who can actually be both.

Perhaps my finest times may have been when I participated in projects, or creating my own projects (which I'm ashamed for not being able to complete in time). I enjoyed the research with Satoh and his ideas, FaustWolf and his artistic quest, utunnels and his curious insights, Alcyone and her perfectionism, and all those who may or may not want to be named.  I even enjoyed making those awesome animated avatars for folks; thank you, ZealKnight, for still rockin the Turnip! With that, I sincerely hope that some one takes over our Fleabane Project and helps take it to levels even I may never have imagined. It is truly a product of sweat and tears, and I will some day get back to it when life permits me.

I had so much to say to you guys but I don't think it's a good idea to extend this topic. Instead, I say these simple words: Thank you. Thank you, every one of you beautiful people for inspiring me. I do have my age's new resolutions, of course (and I wish there was a more intuitive way to keep bullets in forums). This time on, this Tushantin will change!

1) Not give admins a good excuse to ban me (LOL).
2) Fulfill my commitments, and not undertake more unnecessary commitments.
3) To be more like FaustWolf, Thought, Syna, Alcyone, Boo, and every Hero from my custom collection of philosophies (yes, I have such a thing; there are over 70 of them) that make me closer to being The Ideal Human.
4) Help people, not by asking other people for assistance, but by personal contributions.
5) Finish my book! (I keep forgetting how important this is. This series of mine will eventually shed light to existential mysteries that we often break our heads to. The Compendium has provided me enough thinking, criticism and info pool for this, along with real life research. And yes, there are characters in it that are inspired by some of you folks)
6) Pay a tribute to the greatest detective / criminologist who ever lived by completing Polar Detective.
7) Live by the Ten Commandments (of Sherlock Holmes)
8.) Become a better artist like Yuumei. It's not her style I want to achieve, it's her philosophy.
9) Remember to make ever progress necessary to become the Ahura Mazdah!

Quote from: Springtime of Youth
If the people refuse to see truth then I will see it for them. I will eradicate difference, give a chance to stand, spread knowledge and wisdom for all mankind and from various sources. I will rebuild the love for nature and accept its gratitude. And if Global Warming doesn't kill us by then, I will do something about it. I will be the avatar of unification of mankind, of wisdom beyond religion and atheism, beyond the blind sight of mankind. The truth beyond truth. The Yin and Yang. The Ahura Mazdah!

I like number 9. Numerphilosophically (or rather Aesthetic Philosophy of Digit, in this case) Number 9 is a beautiful number, mostly because of it's neutrality. It is divisible by 3, but in straight multiplication it always returns to its true form; always unchanged. That is because 9, though mightiest in single digits, is also the one to fall at the sides of any other number. It basically means "All or Nothing".
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:14:37 pm by tushantin »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Gandhi and Me
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:30 pm »
Tush man, you're a cool guy. Don't sell yourself short. We're all assholes at times, we're all saints at times, we are human. It is the human condition to be dynamic and ever-changing. You aren't perfect, you are surely flawed, and you always will be. To look back and recognize your own shortcomings is a rare strength, and I think if more people were able to truly examine their own self-worth and their role in the human collective things on this rock would be better.

That being said, you strive for a better you. That is the best thing you can do.

Like you, I consider many of those here at the Compendium my friends. Keep the friendships alive and enjoy each minute of your life. The day will come when it will be gone. Be a good person and treat all with tactful honesty and respect. Even if there is no Heaven, no Nirvana, no afterlife, it's simply the right thing to do (we can argue about innate morality another day).

I have been more quiet on the Compendium as I get older (I'm about five years older than you) and I can say that, whether you realize it or not, you have enriched me. Never sell yourself short. Friends on the internet can mean friends in real life. Today I celebrate my friend Tushantin! And tomorrow I'll celebrate again. And the next day, and the next, and the next.

Here's to a happy 22nd birthday.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »
Wow, happy birthday tushantin! Really interesting to learn the story behind your username, and it's cool that you have a national hero's b-day to celebrate so close to your own. It's often been said that Martin Luther King, Jr., took inspiration from Gandhi's example to some degree, so you can rest assured that his influence has been felt far and wide.

I think a lot of us here are from North America and Western Europe, so I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I appreciate your providing a perspective we don't get every day in our non-Internet lives. Your syncretic approach to disparate belief systems has been especially intriguing to me -- that sort of thing is quite alien where I grew up.

Speaking of growing up, I'm sure we could all look back on our posts and find things we aren't particularly proud of, or situations we handled rashly. As Boo suggested, it's the upward trend that counts I think.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:51:30 pm by FaustWolf »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:10:34 am »
Happy birthday! :D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 02:05:25 am »
It is a tough road to be in the springtime of youth. To Japan, that shounen feeling is pure escapism, with no application for reality. There and in the West, it's also something to lampoon, like an over-energized person who tries too hard and misses the point. The reality of it is also fraught with danger. It's easy to be too hard on oneself; to lose oneself in perfectionist urges towards details and not achieve anything grand or substantial; to risk caring too much, and become wretched in suffering when one's enterprises fail; and to lose the sense of unfailingly, even deadly optimistic determination that defines us.

But all those problems are just great shadows cast by great light. When we apply the right self-discipline to ourselves, we "hit the enemy until he drops" and overcome seemingly impossible odds. When we control our perfectionist urges, we harness a singular vision that carries us to grand achievement, such as those that require mastery of personal logistics. And when we apply just the right amount of seriousness to the absurdity of life, we laugh through obstacles and achieve total ecstatic mania at will as we revel in our accumulating exploits. Limitless dreams lie beyond the horizon, innumerable like the stars above; the only limiter of our grasp is time, so it's time to start moving.

Life is too boring not to do something.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:09:37 am by ZeaLitY »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:40:00 am »
Tushtan! Tushtan! burning bright
In the internets of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, and what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? And what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tushtan! Tushtan! burning bright
In the internets of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 07:13:25 am »
Thanks, mates! :D

@Boo: To err is human. Many would agree that what makes us human is the flaw of making mistakes, but often we forget that it's not just a flaw. It's a privilege. Mankind has been given the right to make as many foolish mistakes as possible because that gives us the opportunity to go places we could never hope to reach, and when looking back we can always correct most of them or improve ourselves upon them. Sometimes stupidity has a value beyond wisdom, and thus I take pride in being a fool; it takes a sufficiently crazy person to look in the eye of peril:wink: Thanks!

@FaustWolf: ...Syncretic? Hah, I never knew there was a word for that!  :D You've just given me a neat birthday present. The philosophy is common in Dharmic culture as the natives consider it to be a practical approach to peace, and I value this for the sake of finding the good bits and helping cultures evolve with art (and in the spirit of Gandhi, one such idea, a unifying catalyst, proposed by him and Sai was that "every religion leads to the same path and that every God is the same entity, regardless of their names -- it doesn't even matter if you don't believe in God, because God exists in every grain"). This phenomenal ideology helps people learn from different, alien perspectives and in essence hone themselves; in many urban cities (especially those that follow Sai and Gandhi's teachings) people prefer this practical approach to everyday lives and embrace differences regardless of their backgrounds. Even beyond the bounds of Philosophy (such as in science and psychology), the key here is to remember that things aren't always "right" or "wrong", and that every perspective is valuable to deduce and discern a bigger vision.

Unfortunately, not many care to take that adopt that view and nor do they want to see out the window.  :( It's kinda heartbreaking. And thus, today in my Birthday, I swear to become that unifying Agent. If you guys value my perspective then I'll happily provide them to you for as long as you guys like.  8)

@Thought: Hah, Blake! That's your favorite one, ain't it? :lol:

...all those problems are just great shadows cast by great light. When we apply the right self-discipline to ourselves, we "hit the enemy until he drops" and overcome seemingly impossible odds. When we control our perfectionist urges, we harness a singular vision that carries us to grand achievement, such as those that require mastery of personal logistics. And when we apply just the right amount of seriousness to the absurdity of life, we laugh through obstacles and achieve total ecstatic mania at will as we revel in our accumulating exploits. Limitless dreams lie beyond the horizon, innumerable like the stars above; the only limiter of our grasp is time, so it's time to start moving.
Life is too boring not to do something.
HELL YEAH!! In the name of all that's good, I CONCUR!!