Author Topic: Oh My God Mega-Explosive Ninetienth-Degree September Power Update  (Read 4519 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Oh My God Mega-Explosive Ninetienth-Degree September Power Update
« on: September 22, 2011, 04:52:21 am »
Fall is upon us! Time to kick the fruits of summer into maximum gear and carve a searing path through whatever winter may throw at us! There's not much abuzz in the official world right now, but things on the site have been stirring, and we've got some new remixes, art, and fanfiction to digest.

[SITE UPDATES]  Thanks to the badass Kodokami, we now have a complete set of Missing Piece pages of interest for future translation purposes. (We still need translators, sigh.) Thanks so much for scanning these pages! They're here.  [2]  Aardwolf_Zy has updated his Chrono Cross FAQ, considered the definitive text guide by the Chrono Compendium! View it here.  [3]  Vehek discovered that Demiforce's Radical Dreamers patch omits the graphics credits. They've been added here, and the record of personnel multi-game involvement has been updated here.  [4]  utunnels is testing a Chrono Cross glitch involving the Unicorn summon. If you have a PSX and patience, check this thread.

[OFFSITE]  Kirk Battle wrote an analytical article worth checking out, called The Systems of Chrono Trigger. Just click this elegant and finely-crafted link!  [2]  Here's what's new since the last site update in MegaElixir! [ 46 Wall Puncher - 47 A Wise Choice - 48 Third Time's the Charm - 49 Fiery Potential - 50 Lessons through Time - Infinity Ice ]  [3]  GlitterBerri.com is down right now, but Glitter had recently translated more Final Fantasy VII debug room lines, including the lines for Masato Kato's room. (Kato wrote the Cloud breakdown/mental journey part of the game.) While there's nothing related to the Chrono series, these lines were cool:

Nyuk nyuk nyuk… Welcome… to Kato's room. A summer bug flying into the fire. A bedbug in a shabby inn. That is what you are.

Huh? There's no way you're thinking of stepping on me, right...? It doesn't matter how many times you tell me I'm just a floor, that's terrible!!

Also present in the debug rooms for FF7 is a map select that allows the player to warp to the field "KURO_5". (This map.) The Japanese version listing for this map is "穴底の恐竜" (Dinosaur at Bottom of Hole). When the game was localized in English, they left the translation of the map select text to a Japanese-speaking employee. This employee localized the listing for KURO_5 as "Tirano", a reference to the dinosaurs of Chrono Trigger.

[FAN FICTION]  Zipp Dementia has wrapped up the Chrono Break fanfic! Check out the finished work here.  [2]  skylark's updated To the Sea of Dreams, a parody! Find the update here.  [3]  Lennis's CT Episode 1 updated in July; find the new updates here!  [4]  Speaking of finishing things, alfadorredux is done with Chrono Helix! Read the last entry of this long journey here. Alfadorredux also brought a new fic to our attention by a friend, called Dreams of a Faraway Dawn.

[FAN ART]  First up is Angerona, with an amazing Lucca piece, capturing her genius really well! Find it here.  [2]  Next is a Futurama-CT crossover piece, by Nina Matsumoto, aka Space Coyote! Check it out here.  [3]  Check out CelestialPhantasm's weblog entry on a song inspired by Chrono Trigger! Check it out here.  [4]  New Compendiumite sketchtacular made an awesome debut with Dark Eternal, seen here.  [5]  Katie Skyye had an itch to do the Zeal family, and produced a really cool work! Check out the variations: [ The Royals (sketch) - The Royals (Colored) - Younger Magus ]  [6]  Sentou Ryoku is back with a sweet Dragon Quest/Chrono Trigger crossover called Chrono Trigger x Dragon Quest VI: Science and Religion! [ Pencils - Inks - Colors ]  [7]  Last up is Guardian of Ages with A Black Wind over Zeal!

[DOUJINS]  [ Play for Japan: The Album ]  [REMIXES]  [ 'Sime's Tcar' by GneatGeek ][ 'Cruisin'' by Hakstock ][ 'Secret of the Forest 18 Mix' by G. Zarapanecko ][ 'Scars of Time (Heavy Arrangement)' by Thiago Schiefer ][ 'The Brink ov Time' by G. Zarapanecko ][ 'Trippin' on Stars WIP 2' by Emunator ft. Neblix ][ 'Weaving the Threads of Time' by Chris | Amaterasu ]  [SPECIAL NOTE]  Thanks to pasq424, we now have an untruncated version of the unknown collection Corridors of Time remix, which we know to be the work of nuXion/Byron Long. We still haven't proven whether the other unknown remixes circulated in that collection are his work, but it's very likely. Find the complete version here.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:09:16 pm by ZeaLitY »

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh My God Mega-Explosive Ninetienth-Degree September Power Update
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:29 am »
 :? why in God's name are you up at 4:30 in the morn? that FF7 dino room was eerily similar to the CC art style, especially Fort Dragonia

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »
Chrono Futurama was drawn by Nina Matsumoto, aka Space Coyote

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:59:52 pm »
Zeality,

if you want to add an update... Chrono Cross was announced to hit PSN in the coming weeks

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/22/chrono-cross-final-fantasy-origins-coming-to-psn-in-north-america/

If sales are good... well... who knows these days...

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:16:39 pm »
Chrono Futurama was drawn by Nina Matsumoto, aka Space Coyote
How did I fail to see Nina Matsumoto in there? O_O She's mah favorite!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:04 am »
It's great to see big works get completed! Congrats to all the Chrono fan artists and investigators on another round of superb work!