Author Topic: Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)  (Read 10576 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Official Apologies Thread (For Anyone)
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2011, 02:30:26 pm »
The videos are blocked in US...

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2011, 02:41:39 am »
Daww... Anybody else having the same prob?  :o

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:03 am »
Yeah it's blocked here too (I'm in the US as well).  The note says it's been blocked on copyright grounds.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2011, 03:22:45 pm »
Now that the "Kinks to Work Out" thread has seemingly run its course, I have an apology to make to the entire community. I have been abrasive, either needlessly so or without enough specificity. I have pursued my goals with means that were not always conducive to achieving them in the best form. And this is true not only of that one particular thread, but of my appearances in the Compendium in general. It isn't to say that I have been a bad influence, but I know I have been a difficult one to many of you.

I can't possibly offer specific apologies to everyone, but I will single out a few of the likely readers of this post who most deserve my apologies:

@tushantin:
I am sorry for humiliating you, especially in a time when your life is filled with other difficulties. I hope that, if pressed to it, you will choose simply to ignore me rather than avoid the Compendium, and if you ask me I will give you a wide berth.

@Thought:
I don't know that I have presented any actual burden to you, but your noble efforts at ambassadoring my piquant stylizations are most appreciated. So, really, it's a thank you.

@Sajainta:
I expect that threads like "Kinks to Work Out" make you uncomfortable with the thought of interacting with me or even being around to read the exchanges. I'm sorry for that. Even though I know, from your comments here and on Facebook and elsewhere, that we are of a like mind on many topics, I understand how difficult it can be to give aggressive people the benefit of the doubt. What we know so well of the contents of our own minds, is very difficult to recognize in the minds of others. Typically I would assure someone at this point that I am one of the forces for good, but in your view of the world I know how unreliable such a thing would sound. I only hope you will continue to be willing to put up with me here and elsewhere. If not, it will be my biggest disappointment of all this.

@rushingwind:
I've put you through a lot that you didn't need to go through. Please accept my vow that your advice and perspective are always appreciated. Don't get flustered. Get...EVEN!!! And good luck at University!

@FaustWolf:
Ever outwardly calm, I have no idea if I have ever offended you. If I have, I regret it. I may not be able to retract whatever statements caused the offense, but I have considerable respect for you.

@Mr Bekkler:
We already squared things in PM, but you deserve my public apology for your emotional distress. I apologize for that. You are an example of my need to be more considerate of the side effects of my confrontational tactics.

@Syna:
I am sorry that my postings during your time here do not exactly lend themselves to a curiosity about me that, in another time and place, you would no doubt possess. You are a curious figure yourself, and I hope we can have substantive conversations in the future.

@Ramsus:
I'm sorry you're a jerk.
Actually, I'm sorry I haven't gotten to know you better in all this time. Unfortunately, friendships don't always take root when, had circumstances been slightly different, they easily could have. At least with you I needn't worry about sentimentalism. You're a good forum administrator, and that's the least of it.

And my apologies to all those whom time forgot!!!

Public apologies are cathartic! Every one of mine is sincere. I do not ask you accept or acknowledge them. Sincere apologies are given without the expectation of reward.

But I am in the mood to give rewards, so stay tuned for an upcoming thread...!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2011, 07:08:52 pm »
XD

"Chaata maarna asaan hai; maafi mangne ke liye himmat chaahiye, beta. Ye kayeron ka naam nahi hai."

Translation:
"It's pretty easy to slap someone, but it takes immense strength to apologize, son. It's not a job fit for cowards."

I'm sorry for being such an asshole to you, but I simply felt the need to show you a mirror simply because of you evading those... eh, nevermind, these criticisms should be limited. But you wanted to antagonize, and thus I provided you with an annoying, yet equally rational, antagonist. Still, sorry if I gave you such a hard time. Though, I feel honored that you felt you deserved these hard times.

As for your apology, all's fine -- except, even if I forgive I wouldn't really forget. Even though I am usually offended by insults targeted at me (not too much, though, since I take them constructively), I'm more likely to get annoyed if these insults are targeted towards people who don't deserve it (such as RHE in the other thread), especially when these accusations are misplaced and even if I don't know them. I defended ZeaLitY at OCR forums last time from petty insults towards his character, I defended the CE team from weird, humiliating rumors in other places, I defended an MSN friend in dA forums simply because a troll wanted to get her banned, I defended Bekkler and religious folks from you, and I defended several of my friends in real life too from several situations. Perhaps because I might have a complex of getting irritated with the unnecessary "noise" in the world, but I just can't watch an undeserving person suffer at the hands of mooks. You as well as I stand for the best of humanity, so let us keep that spirit up high. We don't wish to undermine anyone needlessly, especially an ally.

And as for "giving me a wide berth", there's no probs, mate. This is the internet, after all, and even if I didn't care about you, your thoughts or your position I would have either undermined your social position in the forum to that of a "Troll" or simply give you a "F-You" and got back to my work, so don't worry about giving me any wide berth; just be honest, but not too offensive, and if you have to criticize then justify your claims. The reason I pay attention is because I look up to you as a fellow individual and friend with noble dreams and varied excellence (and you're awesome: you already know that), and I'm also concerned with the "direction" you're most likely headed (although, I'm not the best person to explain that perhaps), which is why my responses are sincere, time-consuming and never half-assed. I respect you, but I also hope that you respect other people similarly and not see them as "mooks", because chances are they see you the same way. People have their own reason to act or think the way they do or, no matter how different or familiar it might seem, and there's always depth of character; don't just point at someone and say, "Ooh, she's portraying sexism, that bitch!" It's just... wrong!

I also realize that your lengthy replies are because you care (and ignoring my questions would probably mean you don't care, but eh...), so... ice cream? There's a good chance you don't give a damn about this post of mine but... Ah well, forgiveness is ours to give. Anywhos, forgiven!  :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:04:21 pm by tushantin »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:05 pm »
@Mr Bekkler:
We already squared things in PM, but you deserve my public apology for your emotional distress. I apologize for that. You are an example of my need to be more considerate of the side effects of my confrontational tactics.

Thank you for the apology.
I'm sorry it became a big deal, but glad everybody gets to learn something out of it. And I'm glad you appear to have taken in more from the thread than initially stated. I will remain efficiently witty, but when necessary I will try to balance it with appropriate clarity.
Consider it square (soft).

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:39 am »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2011, 06:33:38 am »
Josh, you may give yourself an apology if your posts haven't met your own high standards, and to whoever else deserves them, but I don't need one! This forum has provided me with some very powerful and challenging discussions since I began posting in earnest, and you get a lion's share of the credit for that.

I'd venture to make the observation that we are both curious people, in addition to being, well, rather ridiculously idiosyncratic. I look forward to the conversations myself. :D

To the general population, I don't necessarily feel the need to apologize for this, but I do feel grateful for the fact that most of you seem to take my sometimes overbearing and silly enthusiasm in stride.

P.S. Tush, a) have a weakness for terrible puns and b) have watched a lot of SpongeBob in my time (thanks to my middle-school-grade littlest brother). So uh, I've spent about a minute laughing at that picture. I AM NOT ASHAMED
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:35:45 am by Syna »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2011, 01:33:06 pm »
P.S. Tush, a) have a weakness for terrible puns and b) have watched a lot of SpongeBob in my time (thanks to my middle-school-grade littlest brother). So uh, I've spent about a minute laughing at that picture. I AM NOT ASHAMED

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »
I'm sorry...

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »
I'm sorry...

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say.

I just read through Saj's Romanticism of Violence thread. I may not contribute much to these boards, but still...

No Tush.

That's not good enough.

You've lost any respect I once had for you.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:32 pm »
'Twas the damsel with piercing gaze,
With hair pink as lotus ablaze;
Resolve woven of iron reform,
But her delicate heart encased a storm.

Sajainta...

Saj, I had no idea that my writing would hurt you this greatly, and if such analyses do then they are seldom worth it. At the same time, my poetic mood distracted me from explaining fully. I'm a believer that we ought to understand our enemies so we can predict their movements, and thus ultimately help cease more Jeffs from taking place. Perhaps, if you can imagine Tom Riddle growing up to be a white-robed Voldemort who swore to protect Hogwarts from the might of Hitler, I think you know what I'm getting it. I want to believe such dreams aren't impossible; I've seen many potential assholes grow to become great people, and I'm proud to save at least one such individual from taking to the path of human corruption. I know there's no hope for Jeff -- that pretentious bastard deserves to die like a dog -- but there's just so many people we can still save, so much talent we can still salvage. Why? Because more than anything, humanity needs people who think differently.

I was an asshole for using the wording I did. I understand now that that was incredibly insensitive. I never intended to hurt your feelings, nor wish any ill of you. I know it might be difficult for you to forgive me, and perhaps I deserve such apathy, but more than anything I care about you. I care that disruptive elements in nature make you cry. I care when people's dreams shatter before my eyes. I care, because I can feel a thousand cries of mercy from around the globe, that their clock has stopped ticking, that their hopes are lost in endless horizons, and that I feel helpless to do anything about it. I despise being this helpless, but I know that if I at least save one person at a time then the world will be a better place. My weapon is my pen, and my armor is love, and more than anything I need your help in fulfilling that dream.

If you've something to say right now then you can count on me to take it to heart, if it makes you feel better. I'm sorry. I'm incredibly sorry. >< If it's any comfort, I've currently begun refining my communication skills and learning tact, although I have no idea where to begin. I'm doing my best, so my idiocy does not repeat itself. I will also keep my distance from the Violence thread, because, to everyone's agreement, I'm certainly no expert in these matters.

And while I'm at it, I'm apologize to FaustWolf and Syna for detracting them from their work. I apologize to anyone else I may have wronged. I'm sorry for destroying yet another amusing thread. And thank you, Boo, for sticking up for me; it's a comfort knowing someone understands my intentions.

And to Lord J Esq: Just to clarify about the Thread for Writers incident, I was mad at you for disrespecting my actions, as the character that was based on you was not intended to mock you. It was intended to honor you; it was intended as respect, and if you didn't like the idea you could have said so and I'd gladly remove the reference.

I always screamed at the top of my lungs that I was a mook and I was proud; this is probably the first time that being a mook has ashamed me so much compared to being rational (which was always regretful), but you're right on me being foolhardy. Also, you could have called me out and had me banned outright, but you didn't; so in that spirit, thank you. I thus vow that this fool shall now abandon his joker hat.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2011, 12:09:44 pm »
I appreciate your apology.  I'm not going to touch upon the parts of this post that I take issue with, because this entire thing has left me emotionally exhausted and I really don't want to continue.  And I would have never asked for you to be banned or punished.  You expressed an opinion.  That, to me, is not an offense that warrants being banned.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2011, 12:22:00 pm »
...because this entire thing has left me emotionally exhausted and I really don't want to continue.
Same here; and I respect your decision.

My opinion was meant to be a psychoanalytical satire taken from conceptual perspective, and nothing more. I have no qualms on being banned, but I am concerned about about your feelings. I'm sorry for causing you such distress.  :(