Author Topic: Silly Suggestion  (Read 1349 times)

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
Silly Suggestion
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:52:47 am »
Yes, this is a silly suggestion, but I'm going to make it anyway.

It seems that with regard to theory and the storyline, there's not much to be discussed.  What about the game mechanics themselves, especially for Chrono Trigger?  Things like how the battle systems.  I don't mean just like an FAQ, which would give a brief analysis.  I mean stuff like AOE of Techs, which enemies would be most vulnerable to techs, general enemy behavior and stuff like that.

There's also the very likely possibility that the stuff is here but I'm just not seeing it.  But would it be possible to add a section like this, or would it be pointless?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:01:32 pm »
Examining Chrono Trigger and Cross from a purely game design perspective sounds like it has potential for much interesting discussion! Perhaps this area of analysis could be seeded in "Other Topics and the Prelease" and we'll see if it really catches on?

EDIT: Yeah, total brain fart -- Chrono/Gameplay Casual Discussion probably fits the bill for now. It'd be great to get this kind of discussion rolling there.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:55:12 pm by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:22:54 pm »
I've been going through my old posts lately, and yesterday came across this:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,1190.msg19566.html#msg19566

The Compendium has had gameplay discussions before, and would benefit from having them again! There are new people here to take advantage of such conversation for the first time, and the old-timers are more advanced in their thinking than we were all those years ago.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:12 pm »
Ah. A lot of it's already been documented as FAQs on GameFAQs; I just haven't tried to contact the owners to host the FAQs, or otherwise try to make a technical data repository.

Our Modification encyclopedia did have a lot of that, of course, lost in the C&D.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:07:36 am »
I think it'd be useful to talk about such things and i think a lot of members might take interest!

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:01:39 pm »
Yes, this is a silly suggestion, but I'm going to make it anyway.

It seems that with regard to theory and the storyline, there's not much to be discussed.  What about the game mechanics themselves, especially for Chrono Trigger?  Things like how the battle systems.  I don't mean just like an FAQ, which would give a brief analysis.  I mean stuff like AOE of Techs, which enemies would be most vulnerable to techs, general enemy behavior and stuff like that.

There's also the very likely possibility that the stuff is here but I'm just not seeing it.  But would it be possible to add a section like this, or would it be pointless?

That's not a silly suggestion at all. I think there's a lot of potential here for mapping out AI behavior and stat calculations simply through careful observation and experimentation. If anything, it'd be a good learning experience for all those involved.