Author Topic: The Crimson Echoes Dream Team  (Read 4993 times)

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
The Crimson Echoes Dream Team
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2005, 10:17:29 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Meh, I didn't say his main weapon was a bow (and really, is that true w/all elves?). Also, I don't know if assumptions on Link's height or strength or w/e can be made completely because, really, are all the Links the same Link? I thought it was more of a kind of Ryu (of Breath of Fire fame) thing where they were mostly all different Links.

I stand by that Link is still basically an elf and thusly a pansy fairy boy.

Man have I ever been involved in thread hijackings as of late...Where's the THA (Thread Hijackers Anonymous) thread when you need it?

There are apparently lots of theories to describe the list of Links, but the only one I've read was on www.zeldauniverse.net (I think there's a link for 'Timeline Theory' on the left), and, at least in that one, the OoT/MM Link is the first one though I kind of doubt that theory, since the king dude destroys Hyrule at the end of Windwaker, so I doubt that after the water recedes it'd still be called Hyrule, so I consider Windwaker to be at the end of the list, with every other game possibly happening after The Hero of Time (Link from OoT/MM) seals Ganon the first time and before Ganon eventually comes back unequalled (since, if my theory is true, he comes back many times but is defeated by several Links).

Oh, and Hadriel, the OoT/MM Link wasn't the only one to have traveled throgh time; whatever Link was in Oracle of Ages/Seasons also time-traveled (but only in Ages)... The strange part is that in OoT Link only had to time-travel once, twice including the ending, since Young Link -> Adult Link was more of a frozen state, rather than traveling into the future, and you only have to go back to Link once, to get the Eye of Truth and the Silver Gauntlets (Golden Gauntlets? I forget which is in the spirit temple and which is in Ganon's castle), which I think can both be gotten in one trip.. but then, of course, he goes back in time to have his childhood, and then time-travels a hell of a lot in MM

On a side-note, in the Zelda Universe timeline thing, it said that Link wandered into the forest in the beginning of MM to find a childhood friend that he'd lost when he became the Hero of Time (which could only be Saria...), but I remember reading somewhere, around the time that MM came out, that he went searching for Navi, who had disappeared at the end of OoT (I don't remember if it actually shows her disappearing in the ending cutscene..)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2005, 03:24:58 pm »
A lot of fans agree that Oracle isn't canon, in part because Capcom produced it and in part because it doesn't make any damned sense with regards to the rest of the timeline.  In fact, one could make an argument that the entire Four Swords mythology isn't canon, but is rather some alternate universe/what-if scenario.  That would be too bad, though, because there is some good potential with the Four Sword.

As for TWW, we don't know that the water ever recedes.  Judging from LttP, OoT is the first game, because OoT comprises the backstory to LttP (seven sages seal Ganon, etc.)  The most likely scenario is that after TWW, Link and Tetra traveled off to some new land and founded a new government named Hyrule, which is where the originals take place.  We'll find out for sure when TP comes out, since it's slated to take place a few decades after TWW according to Aonuma.  TWW cannot come before LttP, because at the end of OoT the Triforce was still split, whereas in LttP it's whole again.  However, if Ganon truly had possession of the entire Triforce, he would have been unstoppable; it therefore follows that the pyramid in LttP is, rather than Ganon's fortress, a prison for him, from which he reached out with Agahnim to remake the world and gain enough power to break the seal on the Triforce.  This fits with the imprisonment scheme set forth in the LttP backstory.  

The general fan assumption is that Link was searching for Navi rather than Saria, because Navi did disappear in OoT's ending.  I just wonder how that "encounter" between Link and Zelda turned out...here's hoping they used a condom.

I suppose tangling with the Zelda timeline in a sense prepared me to handle Chrono; it was because of my interest in Zelda that I was turned on to CT in the first place.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2005, 10:33:45 pm »
Yay!  Claado Shou = Dream Team = original music composing!  Sweet!

:):D

~.C.S.~

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2005, 12:30:03 am »
Welcome to the Dream Team, my friend. 8)

Or as Magus would say...

"NOW we have a winning team!"

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2005, 12:48:21 am »
my job won't officially start till the game is near compleation. so it's gonna be a while. but i keep checking for updates daily. =3 keep up the good work.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2005, 12:48:52 am »
Hah, hardly. If time suffices, the beta testers are going to get the demo beta before the release.

Asuyuka

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2005, 01:33:12 am »
Is it too late to join for beta testing?

Sorry, just wanna help out the game any way possible, but, beta testing seems to be the only area I would be good for...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2005, 01:40:42 am »
The more people, the more scrutiny. Though we'll have to impose some kind of limit sometime. But sure.

Asuyuka

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2005, 02:25:00 am »
Thanks...

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2005, 03:16:53 am »
Hadriel (There've been a lot of replies since the post, but quoting it would take up a lot of unnecessary space):

Why don't the Oracle things fit in with anything else? As far as I understand, the Link in the Oracle games could have only done those two games and the time wouldn't matter.. The only confusing thing is the Oracles/Goddesses...

And don't you mean that TWW can't come after LttP? I haven't played LttP (:(), so I wouldn't know, but you said that the triforce was whole in LttP, so wouldn't TWW have to had taken place before LttP to reunite the triforce?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2005, 03:49:13 am »
The confusing thing is the presence of Twinrova, Impa, and Zelda, as well as the Oracles.  Link exhibited no familiarity with the princess in the Oracle games, and they are not referenced in any other stories.

Asuyuka

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2005, 04:21:55 am »
The Oracle series were a Gaiden of sorts... I once heard from a source that they took place during (OoT) Link's childhood, but, I don't think it's likely. Hell, the Oracle series started out as a project to recreate the first two games and make a new, third that tied into it.

Got changed, obviously.

The reasons TWW can't come after LttP... hm... actually, so far, it can be either way, but, it might be more likely that TWW came before LttP, but, it's safe to say that they came directly after OoT/ MM.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2005, 01:39:54 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Meh, I didn't say his main weapon was a bow (and really, is that true w/all elves?).

This just caught my eye: no, certainly not. Only some of the Grey and Dark Elves carried such an array often. The High Elves cared more for the near strokes of close combat, such as swords, and even clubs. They also carried slings.

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2005, 02:19:56 pm »
Could y'all, maybe, make another thread for the Zelda debate? :lol:  I saw this one had new posts and was expecting an update from ZeaLitY on Crimson Echoes...but what do I find?  Elves and bows :o

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2005, 03:48:18 pm »
Blame Shadow_Dragon, he started it. But when the image of Elves is under chance of being twisted, I feel inclined to reply.