Author Topic: The Crimson Echoes Dream Team  (Read 4954 times)

Anonymous

The Crimson Echoes Dream Team
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 04:38:53 pm »
No he said he is going to leave forever when he hets a job.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 07:30:19 pm »
I'd like to help with plot development (maybe everyone who wants to help with the plot could get together in an AIM chat, mIRC room, or something like that to suggest new ideas) and the script (possibly running through for grammar issues--not really common flaws, but mainly stuff like "thou shalth", "he shalt", or anything with shall that isn't I or We or British--and I would add posts to the main thread, but I've been busy spending all my time that I have to post slowly reading through the thread (I'm on page 5 or 6 now), so that I don't add stuff that's been said or miss stuff...

I'd be willing to learn and help however I can using Temporal Flux, that is, if someone can tell me where to find information about it and how to download it (it is a downloadable editor thing, right?)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 07:38:39 pm »
Yeah, http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification

I'm currently in the process of writing tutorials. There's also a guide that comes with it.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 07:49:46 pm »
Quote from: Shadow_Dragon
I'd like to help with plot development (maybe everyone who wants to help with the plot could get together in an AIM chat, mIRC room, or something like that to suggest new ideas) and the script (possibly running through for grammar issues--not really common flaws, but mainly stuff like "thou shalth", "he shalt", or anything with shall that isn't I or We or British--and I would add posts to the main thread, but I've been busy spending all my time that I have to post slowly reading through the thread (I'm on page 5 or 6 now), so that I don't add stuff that's been said or miss stuff...

I'd be willing to learn and help however I can using Temporal Flux, that is, if someone can tell me where to find information about it and how to download it (it is a downloadable editor thing, right?)

That is something I could probably help with too, ZeaLitY, as you're probably aware that I like using older forms of syntax, anyway (or, in that form, should likely say, I would fain make use of archaic forms.) Anyway, though, I'm not all too fond of the old pronouns, but know a few of their uses, especially that of 'thy' to 'thine' - an odd one there: did you know the only difference is that 'thy' comes before a consonant and 'thine' before a vowel? So I could help in this regard as well. That, and formal-like speeches. Do you have any long monologues to be written? I can do those, usually. Remember what I did to your line concerning a beast on a mountain you were considering for CE?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 08:07:17 pm »
Well, paramount to that ability is its use in making sure every word that comes out of Glenn's mouth is grammatically correct per middle English standards. In the Japanese version, it was easier, since Frog spoke with some antiquated words and such, but Woolsey went full blown with that idea. Unfortunately, he isn't that good at it (We haveth our own will vs. We hath our own will). We have the power to change that this time around.

By the way, if anyone's interested in what's going on behind the scenes right now, I'm working on the Porre square. DDK might help repopulate the Millennial Fairgrounds later, while I think Jake will help with an arboretum for the cathedral. But this comes later.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 08:09:41 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Anyway, though, I'm not all too fond of the old pronouns, but know a few of their uses, especially that of 'thy' to 'thine' - an odd one there: did you know the only difference is that 'thy' comes before a consonant and 'thine' before a vowel?

I always thought that 'thy' was 'your' and 'thine' was 'yours' until I read that somewhere here, and it was probably in one of your posts.. but, if that's the case, how do you say 'yours'? 'That's thy'? I always thought 'That's thine' made sense

Also, if a couple of other people and I do run through the script to fix grammar and stuff, would common mistakes be left untouched? I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Crono said (is he going to speak in CE?), "Me and Marle got married," but someone like Lucca or Robo should say, "--- and I," or even, "I and ---"; just because the latter sounds incredibly strange to us, that doesn't mean that it does to people in the Chrono world... But, more importantly, if someone said, "Is that him?" would that be considered an error? I've only seen predicate nouns put in the subjective case (which only varies from the objective case in pronouns) in books and a joke that I heared in the first five minutes of the Ellen Degeneres Show that I happened to see.

Ugh, I hate it when I try to write a short post and end up rambling on

Anyway, I tried to load the rom hack (is that what it's called), the .ips thing, and it wouldn't work; I got to where you input Crono's name, but instead of Crono's face it shows a bunch of random pixels, and then, after inputing, it stops at a blank screen... Did I do something wrong? I put the .ips file into the same folder as the CT rom that I loaded and had them with the same name..

Since I haven't seen anybody besides myself using 'Edit:', I'll start using 'P.S.'
P.S. ZeaLitY, I don't have a clear idea about first person singular, but I don't think hath is right either. Unless I'm mistaken, -eth or -th is only for third person singular and there's no particularly old english variation of it and would just be 'we have...'

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 08:14:08 pm »
Ah, so you found that April patch like DDK did. Your rom probably is headered. Open it once with Temporal Flux and it will automatically remove the header.

Anyway, considering the past two weeks of progress, that patch is REALLY oudated now.

I suppose in terms of grammar, you'll know when something wrong is supposed to be that way. Atmosphere and context totally dictates it. For instance, a soldier in the Porre Elder's Hou--Barracks, rather, says "Man, this potato slop ain't so great, kid." There is also the use of "got" instead of have, but you'll know when to tell the difference. You'll probably check dialogue by actually playing too, since running through a script will leave things disjointed.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 08:49:00 pm »
Sigh, I wish I could try the hack now, but the .NET Framework is 23.1MB and I have 56k, so I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to post comments

I never really noticed while playing CT (it was a while ago since I have), but did the characters have any accents like CC? And even if they didn't, are they going to in CE?

Also, how about making a new thread, or adding to the first post of this one, with a way to contact all the people working on the project?

teh Schala

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 09:40:38 pm »
CT had no detectable accents besides Frog's way of speaking.  (Also, did you notice that he spoke just like any other normal person BEFORE his transformation?  That was unusual.)  I'm not the writer but I don't think Crimson Echoes will have accents either.  But you never know! :)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 10:32:09 pm »
Glenn should probably speak regularly; he speaks normally before he's turned into a frog.  In all likelihood, his accent was to hide his identity.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 11:54:44 pm »
Lol I always though that CC's accents was overkills.

"Hum most of the characters have no back story, what about we make a small team but we put magus and some character with awsome backstory!"

"Put accent and stfu dude!"

*Conversation in SE's Building ends here*

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 11:57:33 pm »
It was actually still Squaresoft at that point, not the monster that SE seems to have become.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 11:59:22 pm »
Really, why is it written Square-Enix on the CD box of Chrono Cross?

Hadriel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 11:59:54 pm »
I honestly don't know.  It says Squaresoft in the title sequence.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 12:39:16 am »
It says Square-Enix on those boxes that were produced after the merge. If you look at older boxes, it still says Squaresoft. The reprints and many of the Greatest Hits for example will now have the added Enix name...because, well, Squaresoft isn't a company anymore, it's just Square-Enix now. T'wouldn't make sense to 'ave it t'otherwise.[/endlameCCinspiredaccent]