Author Topic: New Radical Dreamers - Road to El Nido  (Read 4993 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
New Radical Dreamers - Road to El Nido
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »
I had many a brilliant ideas to post for this year's Dream Splash with regards to Radial Dreamers, but I guess time is not with me this time. However, I do plan to intrigue some with the most ridiculous idea imaginable. So, though this will be short, brace yourselves!  :lee:
(Note: This idea can actually be built upon ahead in various fics, and it'd actually be awesome to see variants of those. Feel free to post them in this thread!)

Miguel, the seeker of mysteries forgotten by time, in turn becoming a forgotten hero. Toma, the man of unbound zeal racing across continents for treasure of old worlds, but neglected by many. In Radical Dreamers, there was no boundaries, no Dead Sea, and destiny was free of FATE's grasp. So what happened to our forgotten heroes? Or more precisely, what would happen if these two hurricanes bumped into each other?

(Note: Just because we saw Miguel as a depressing fella in CC doesn't mean he always was; I mean, come on, anybody would be depressed in his stead! In alternative universes, such as Radical Dreamers, Miguel could actually be a fun-lovin' adventurer, rival of Toma, who simply zealously wants nothing more than to excavate and curiously find the secrets of the lost world (kinda like me, actually). So yeah, this is how I view Miguel.  :D Enjoy!)

(Stuck in a boat, floating aimlessly in the middle of the ocean. Hunger and despair, and all they had was each other.)
Toma: Did any o' supplies make it?
Miguel: Well, uh, yes and no.
Toma: Ohhh, great!
Miguel: Look on the positive side. At least things can't get-
(Thunder storm, and then rain)
Toma: ...Excuse me. Were ya gonna say "worse"?
Miguel: Er... Absolutely not! I've revised the whole thing. At least in a rowboat.
Toma: We're in a rowboat, exactly. You miss nothin'.
(An awkward pause, after which poor frustrated Toma considered eating his own shoe; moments later, Miguel continued.)
Miguel: Toma, did you ever imagine it would end like this?
Toma: Well, I ain't readin' Robinson Crusoe, but that Lost episode Lucca showed kinda got to me.
Miguel: Any... regrets?
Toma: Besides dying? Yeah.  I never... had enough... gold. And that I couldn't kick that sonuvarolly who stole my Great Grampa's Giant Claw secrets before he kicked the bucket.
Miguel: My regret, besides dying, is... our greatest adventure is over before it began, and no one will even remember us. Except for my beautiful daughter Leena. (Smiles) Find your dream boy without me, my princess.
Toma: Well, if it's any consolation, Miguel, you... made mah life... an adventure.
Miguel: And if it's any consolation, Toma, you made my life... rich.
Toma: Is it? -Hmm.
Miguel: It is! It's-It's-
Toma: It's land!
(They hit a land, one surrounded by luscious green forests and wild monkeys. So beautiful, and yet so... intimidating. Miguel becomes bewitched at the plateaus and valleys.)
Toma: Miguel! Hallo!
Miguel: Toma! We've done it!
Toma: What's that? The map?
Miguel: It's all right here!
Toma: You still have the map? (scratches head angrily)
Miguel: The whistling rock! The stream!
Toma: You kept the map, but you couldn't grab a little o' food? Or at least booze?
Miguel: Even those mountains. You said so yourself: It could be possible. And it is! It really is... the map to El Nido!
Toma: ...You drank seawater, didn'tcha?
Miguel: Oh, come on!
Toma: I'm not comin' on! I wouldn't set foot in that jungle for a Rainbow Shell!
Miguel: How about a hundred Rainbow Shells?
Toma: ...What?
Miguel: I just thought that, after all, El Nido... The Lost Continent... (Temptingly wiggles eyebrows) You know, King Dalton's favors, nuggets, gold bricks, legendary artifacts worth King's Crowns, caves and minerals unexploited since the beginning of time! (Yawns) But you don't want to go, so let's get back into the boat and row back to Choras. After all, it worked so well last time.
Toma: (Ponders quickly) Mmm. Wait a pinch! New plan. We find the capital, map the continent, take all the treasures and Rainbow Shells we can and then we go back to Porre.
Miguel: And buy Porre!
Toma: Yeah!
Miguel: That's the spirit! Come on, Toma. We'll follow that trail!
Toma: What trail?
Miguel: The trail that we blaze!

Look out new world, here they come!
Brave, intrepid, and with a bottle of rum.
Pioneers of maximum,
Audacity whose résumés
show that we are just the team
To live where others merely dream
Building up our head of steam
On the trail they blaze!

Changing legend into fact
We shall ride into history
Turning myth into truth
We shall surely gaze
On the sweet unfolding
Of an antique mystery
All will be revealed
On the trail we blaze

Miguel: I wonder what that brat Serge is doing. I hope he didn't find a girl other than my princess.
(Meanwhile, at Viper Manor... Serge sneezes.)
Kid: Shhh!! (Frantically) Quite!
Serge: ... (wipes nose) Was someone talking about me?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:29:59 am by tushantin »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: New Radical Dreamers - Road to El Nido
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »
The ending is so hihilarious. :lol:

So in your story, the El Nido is a new continent to the outsiders?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:50:28 am »
I see what you did there, mixing it with The Road to El Dorado... :lol:

It was so funny... though kinda weird to see Miguel like that. I guess you're right about his CC persona, heh...

Although, in RD I don't think El Nido would exist... but then what the Chronoverse is for if not for some freedom thanks to it's multiverse nature?  8)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:53:37 am »
But there's no road at all, they just found a new sea route.
 :P

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:28 am »
I see what you did there, mixing it with The Road to El Dorado... :lol:
:lol: The idea came to me when I tried imagining the journeys Wazuki and Miguel (with baby Serge) before they found themselves stranded at Chronopolis. I wagered that since Serge was travelling and sick, Wazuki would have been serious and practical with every step he took, while Miguel may have been the only light in the group trying to liven up the experience and always jolly optimistic. Perhaps he and Serge also had some intriguing talks about World Heritage and adventures, etc.

Then as I began working with RDFZ a year ago I arrived at a barren episode where not much goes, so I included Miguel in the midst. And mind you, his presence changed everything! That's when I grouped him together with Toma, Miki, and Draggy (LOL), where they give Porre a hard time just because they refused to pay Toma for his hard work.  :o

It was so funny... though kinda weird to see Miguel like that. I guess you're right about his CC persona, heh...
XD Yeah, for some reason I see Miguel as a light-hearted optimist.

Although, in RD I don't think El Nido would exist... but then what the Chronoverse is for if not for some freedom thanks to it's multiverse nature?  8)
Haha, here's a twist: It doesn't exist! :lol: El Nido in RD timeline is actually is a bunch of myths and legends they've been hearing, with the concept of New Worlds floating around at Porre (courtesy of Lucca). The island they discover is something entirely new, and even more mysterious. (Hint: Ancient Reptites)

So in your story, the El Nido is a new continent to the outsiders?
Sort of, but not exactly. See, before Balthazar's Project Kid takes place neither El Nido nor FATE exist, thus the RD timeline. But those actually working on the project might have slipped out the terms such as El Nido. Thus all the hullabaloo.  :cry:

But there's no road at all, they just found a new sea route.
xDDD Get with the story!

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:09 pm »
This is so great. XD I love this.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 07:46:29 pm »
This is so great. XD I love this.

xDDD Thank you!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 10:23:54 pm »
I laughed so much!

it was a very enjoyabled read I still think my favorite line is:

You kept the map, but you couldn't grab a little o' food? Or at least booze?

Though there were quite a few good lines in there! :D

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 04:56:03 am »
Haha!  :lol: That's actually an altered version of the script from Road to El Dorado (except for the last part), to flesh out Toma and Miguel's characters and re-imagine their adventures in RD timeline. This will in turn become a new story of its own, new adventures with old characters, a part of a top-secret story Kodokami and I will be working on.  8)

Ah, and this time Draggy plays a kick-ass role!