Author Topic: Super Summer Dream Splash Italodisco Update!  (Read 6329 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Super Summer Dream Splash Italodisco Update!
« on: July 02, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »
Summer is in full effect! While news has been quiet on official fronts, we've got a lot of fan work and remixes to show for! Speaking of summer, it is officially time for you to begin a journey through ITALODISCO. If you are in search of the distilled, purest essence of the 1980s; if you long for the perfect music for driving into the night while wearing white towards a southern European coastal city where you'll lose yourself among the passion of really smooth dance music; if you desire the springtime of youth, this is your genre. Start with Vicente del Bosque's BelgioDisco Mixtape 3 and embark upon the seas of enchanted soundscapes and the greatest decade. Make it your obsession.

[DREAM SPLASH IV]  It's time to begin the fourth Dream Splash! If you've never heard of these before, it's a (in this case) 2-month long fan work focus on a certain topic in the Chrono series. This year's topic is Radical Dreamers; fan art/fiction/remixes are invited to cover Serge, Kid, and Magil's radical adventure in Viper Manor. Other adventures are welcome, too; I'll be seeing if I can throw together a quick gaiden fic! Head to this page to learn more and this forum to submit stuff! Let's see what we can cook up before the remix contest starting in September! Thanks to Licawolf for the awesome banners, as well as Kaiko/Boo the Gentleman Caller.  [CROSS ARRANGE]  Yasunori Mitsuda has announced that his next project will be the long-awaited Chrono Cross arrange here.

[MEGALIXIR]  mysticalpha's been on a great run of new Chrono comics! [ 42: Artificial Friends - 43: Crane Skills - 44: Badass Robo - 45: Yellow Power - Meanwhile at Proto - Day of CATS ]  [UNIVERSE COLLECTION]  UltimaOriginal has kept this project going full speed. There's a few more peerless pictures to digest since the last update! [ Frog - Magus - Magus 2 - Ayla - Schala and Janus - Queen Zeal ]  Thanks so much for these wonderful pieces!

[FAN ART]  First up is Licawolf with Quick, under the desk! and Chrono Cross's Green Dragon, as well as Chrono Trigger's Heckran! Licawolf also made this awesome Acacia Dragoons Emblem.  [2]  Next up is renowned modeler Straafe, who dropped back in to make a new Robo model! Check it out here!  [3]  Princess Schala Zeal's been working on modeling Zeal locations and objects for Second Life; check out the progress here!  [4]  Next up is CuyahogaRiver, with fresh Lynx and Kid! [ Kid looking over her shoulder - Kid Stars - Kid Sketch - Lynx (dark shading) - Lynx sketch 2 ]  [5]  As always, we've got cool art being featured at our other sources thread; check it out here!  [6]  Last but certainly not least is ChronoGears's awesome submission, Crono vs. Lavos - The Final Hour!  [FANFICTION]  This time, the only update is alfadorredux's Chrono Helix. Check it out here!

[DOUJINS]  [ DJ RoboRob - Of Dubsnestep (free download) ]  [TRIGGER REMIXES]  [ 'The Last Schala Mix Ever' by Brandon Strader, halc ][ 'By the Old Mill' by Harjawaldar ][ 'Funky Johnny' by Alex Smith ][ 'WubWater Palace' by DJ RoboRob ]  [CROSS REMIXES]  [ 'A Tiny Dragon' by Kefka ][ 'Dreamwave' by Hakstock ]  Damn, enough Chrono Trigger remixes, haha. There are like fucking 900 now, including those from doujins. There are other games with amazing soundtracks that better deserve the attention.

http://www.youtube.com/v/DCZVbL0QRsk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18 http://www.youtube.com/v/AFQX1vcK8ek&ap=%2526fmt%3D18 http://www.youtube.com/v/ac4U0qO_EeQ&ap=%2526fmt%3D18
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:26:48 pm by ZeaLitY »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Super Summer Dream Splash Italodisco Update!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 07:14:10 pm »
Damn, enough Chrono Trigger remixes, haha. There are like fucking 900 now, including those from doujins. There are other games with amazing soundtracks that better deserve the attention.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:35:36 pm »
Holy f$ck, I just can't get over how updates like this are possible for a franchise that hasn't had a main entry in over a decade! CHRONO POWAHHH~!

A "gaiden fic," huh? Maybe I'll submit something this year after all. Good luck with this year's Dream Splash! everybody!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:08:46 pm by FaustWolf »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:07 pm »
Yey! Dream splash is my favooorite event ever! Not sure what i'm going to do- but i'm doing something!

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 03:54:33 pm »
damn gee, am I reading this right, not only is there the remix thing for dream splash going on but there will also be a separate remix contest held afterward? I suck at comprehension apparently, need clarification so I know exactly how to go about making me some remixes.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:38:47 pm »
damn gee, am I reading this right, not only is there the remix thing for dream splash going on but there will also be a separate remix contest held afterward? I suck at comprehension apparently, need clarification so I know exactly how to go about making me some remixes.

Yeah, the remix contest afterward will have a different theme (or maybe not at all, since I'm anticipating like one entry, if we're lucky).

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »
I got the perfect entry for Dreamsplash this year!  :D Unfortunately... I might not be able to submit it.  :(

...Anyone wanna co-write?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 11:55:59 pm »
So, by chance, anyone else bitten by the bug of ITALODISCO?!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 01:34:48 am »
So, by chance, anyone else bitten by the bug of ITALODISCO?!

Hellz yeah. I've bookmarked a couple of songs you've linked to over the past and sometimes turn them on for an early morning kickstart. I haven't looked into a whole lot myself, but damn I love listening to this one.

I'm a sucker for easy listening music, and anything with jazz/techno influences.