Author Topic: The CTU Creator Needs Help With Drawn Artwork  (Read 763 times)

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
The CTU Creator Needs Help With Drawn Artwork
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:14:55 am »
I have been working on a fantasy novel since December of 2008, which is a wholly original endeavor not related to Chrono Trigger at all, and now that it's finally done I have run into a major problem: it doesn't have a cover. While I do have a thought out idea in my for the cover for some time now, I can't draw one for it myself as my own art is of a style utterly unsuitable for the nature of book. This is where I hope to find someone who can possibly help me with this. As it currently stands I have no job, and haven't really had one for almost a year now, so I unfortunately have no money to pay someone with. Originally a friend was going to help with this, but she miscarried twins and therefore is understandably in some extreme depression at the moment (I would wait forever on her to feel better, but my mother currently has terminal cancer I would preferrably like this to be done while she's still alive). I will be self publishing this through Amazon's createspace at very small profit per unit, and I can't even be sure I'll ever make significant future profits to pay out against (I would hope that it sells though, the test readers really seemed to like it). The person who makes this will obviously be duly credited as the artist of the cover, and be allowed to do whatever else they want to do with the final image (sell prints, etc) and solely keep everything that comes from whatever they do with the image on their own. If anyone is willing to help me, I would first need to see a sample of your artwork before we talk further.

Anyways, sorry if some of you found that title to be conceptually misleading. I definitely didn't lie, but I'm sure there was a certain implication that this isn't exactly what the request would be. However, I really needed to be sure people would look at it. If it's not appropriate to post this here, please feel free to move and/or just delete it.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: The CTU Creator Needs Help With Drawn Artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »
 :( Man, that's sad!

Tell you what: I don't have my tablet with me at the moment, though I'm willing to go old school for ya -- paper and pencil -- so you'll most likely need to ask someone else to color it. If all's cool, hit it: http://tushantin.deviantart.com/

And remember, nothing is too inappropriate in these lands.  :)

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
Re: The CTU Creator Needs Help With Drawn Artwork
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:37:59 am »
Should be fun!! :D Let me know if you need help!!