Author Topic: The Doors of Destiny (could not be broken)  (Read 10647 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: The Doors of Destiny (could not be broken)
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 03:49:46 pm »
Damn. It's tough to choose a favorite out of these, Justin! I've been listening to a few quite a bit though: out of them all, I'd say favorite is "Drifting." The song "Take Me Home" also gave me some serious chills, but it's probably not suited to Mitsuda's tastes.

Also, I really wonder if "Charlene's Song" would get a reaction from him? I know it's inspired from "To Faraway Times," so maybe he'd be interested.

justinstcharlesmusic

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Echoes of the Algorithms
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 08:35:45 pm »
You know Charlene's Song actually crossed my mind a few times...im leaning towards that, and telling him what happened, the story behind it...

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 01:19:25 am »
It's too bad that not even Mitsuda himself condoned the interview. Hmm. If not Mitsuda, perhaps some other Chrono Trigger/Cross artists would be more willing? Perhaps Masato Kato or Yasuki Honne?
On a related topic, Masato Kato seems to have closed his old Twitter account, and if he has a new one, I haven't found it yet. I've found another account that I think is Yasuyuki Honne (he identifies himself as Honne and follows Monolith Soft, Nintendo and Soraya Saga) though, not knowing Japanese, I can't confirm it.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 02:51:08 am »
I found this on Mitsuda's blog. I thought it would be good inspiration and show that fans really can reach out to artists and grab their attention.

Quote from: Yasunori Mitsuda
I received a wonderful message via Facebook, I can therefore pass with the permission of the author.

【Below the original message】

Mr. Mitsuda, delighted and thank you for accepting my request to add friends. I do not speak your language well, and I apologize in advance. I learned the Japanese self-taught and am not yet fully developed.

I just wanted to thank you.
My aunt was sick since the beginning of the year and passed away recently. The last few months, she could not move or even sleep and was completely bedridden. She then asked me to build him a CD with soothing music. Being a big fan of your music, I've obviously put a few pieces. My aunt, who had never played a game enjoyed them. From my cousin, she listened to this CD almost every day and the main theme "Toki no ude" from "World Destruction" particularly pleased him. She even asked it to be played at his funeral ceremony and the music you have composed his last remaining memories forever on Earth. During the ceremony I felt stronger again the importance of composers and their immense contribution to our lives.

I do not know what you might feel on hearing that your music has been used during a funeral ceremony in Scotland but I am infinitely grateful to have brought peace and rest to my beloved aunt.

I sincerely hope you will continue to create again and again wonderful music

Eleanor Jamieson

I, who learned the piano for fun when I was young, I never thought that one day I would come to work in the music community, much less as a composer ... I crossed many crises and many times I thought about giving up everything. Nature is clumsy and not very willing to learn, I always thought and still think I was not made for that, nevertheless, I persisted, sacrificing and dedicating my life to music. When I received the message from Eleanor, who says he touched and helped by my music, the tears come naturally to the eyes. I then realized how music could be much more than a creation in which I put all my strength to make the best possible. Music has the power to make people happy. 'I am grateful to have received such a message, thank you very much. I wish I could make someone happy again through my compositions.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2011, 01:17:21 pm »
I thought Eleanor was a feminine name? Er... scratch that, it's irrelevant.

What is important is that... is that... *falls over, cries* I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to say it.  :cry: It's... SO BEAUTIFUL!

My message to Mitsuda: Music is the soul of the universe, so technically, you are our God! You inspire the world with your splendid art-form, you bring life to the most barren bricks, you bring rain to our driest of emotions and you give us spirit in the most static of universe. You bring us hope, you bring us joy, and you have inspired us and I hope you continue to do so. To have your song echo in the hearts of people, in their sorrow, strife and zeal, while you draw energies of all creation with a violin in hand and melody in your heart, I believe we have merely scratched the surface of how great you are.

Never underestimate yourself, Mitsuda, for you are the divine muse, a master musician. The world recognizes you for who you are. And I, and the rest of the Compendium, give you our proud respects. *hats off and bow, plays "To Far Away Times"*