Author Topic: The Doors of Destiny (could not be broken)  (Read 10632 times)

justinstcharlesmusic

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Echoes of the Algorithms
The Doors of Destiny (could not be broken)
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:22:34 pm »
Well everyone, it was a good effort - but we were rejected for our interview. The following is an email I received from Mr. Mitsuda's manager regarding our outreach efforts for a short interview:

[hidden]

Dear Mr. St.Charles

Thank you for your email. I'm Mitsuda's manager, and I am writing this email because I'd like to answer your request on behalf of Mitsuda.

I'm sorry to say that Mitsuda is unable to accept your request for 2 reasons. First, He has a crowded schedule now. Second, as a rule, he accepts request from only company because there are many fans of Mitsuda as you know. This rule is for Mitsuda to make time for making music.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

─────────────────────

光田康典オフィシャルサイト"OurMillennial Fair"
  MAIL:user@procyon-studio.com
  http://www.procyon-studio.com

─────────────────────

So I guess, fans aren't a priority...unless we are a company  (which ultimately means money) there is no interest in reaching out to and communicating with fans. A bit disappointing, yes - but it is what it is.

Sorry for the failure, I did my best. I suppose I could continue to reach out directly to Mr. Mitsuda via Twitter but really, we just got our answer - this is his philosophy in dealing with fans when it comes to this kind of thing.[/hidden]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:39:55 pm by FaustWolf »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: The Doors of Destiny (could not be broken)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:21:52 am »
That's okay. It was a great try. I had assumed as much... I once tried to contact Wes Anderson and it went about the same way.

So let's start a company!

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:29:17 am »
I'd back it.

We should call it 'For the Fans'. It would start out as one of those humble little inthebackofyourhouse shops, you know? You would make little handmade paper fans. Big fans, little fans, fans with fun designs on them. Once you got that going, you could talk to Mr. Mitsuda and say 'Excuse me sir, but we are now a company. If you could please do this, it would make us very happy. We would make special Mitsuda fans, for all the Mitsuda fans out there.'

Whatever the case, we should not give up.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »
Dunno, that sounds like "give up you're not important to me" to me.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »
We should call it 'For the Fans'. It would start out as one of those humble little inthebackofyourhouse shops, you know? You would make little handmade paper fans. Big fans, little fans, fans with fun designs on them. Once you got that going, you could talk to Mr. Mitsuda and say 'Excuse me sir, but we are now a company. If you could please do this, it would make us very happy. We would make special Mitsuda fans, for all the Mitsuda fans out there.'

That...that's so adorable! >w<

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 04:14:55 pm »
Hmm, do I smell a 501(c)3 nonprofit called the Chrono Compendium on the horizon...?

A valiant effort, fellas! Great job to Magus22 and justinstcharles on this -- an outreach effort this direct is rare, and it's really going for the gusto. It's difficult to know whether the response reflects Mitsuda's own feelings about fan interviews IMO; I've always been a fan of saying that corporate structure gets in the way of things. It makes me wonder just how large Procyon Studio is these days!

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 04:56:25 pm »
Don't take this so personally. The guy is busy, and doing direct interviews with people who are just fans and don't really have any sort of experience in this sort of thing would just end badly for everyone involved. It's awesome that we got as much as we did.

It's not that he "doesn't care about the fans", he's being professional and smart about it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:52:12 pm »
Don't take this so personally. The guy is busy, and doing direct interviews with people who are just fans and don't really have any sort of experience in this sort of thing would just end badly for everyone involved. It's awesome that we got as much as we did.

It's not that he "doesn't care about the fans", he's being professional and smart about it.

Yeah, ditto.

My advice is to find someone who knows an editor at a decent gaming site (like that Nintendo OSV site, or whatever), and get them to pitch it instead.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:41:38 pm »
Maybe this could be possible for a website like RPGamer.com...?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 02:10:24 am »
sigh... it was only five questions... he couldn't take the time to answer just five questions?

Damn... rejection sucks... and now some memories of the past have resurfaced. I will continue to enjoy Mitsuda's music nonetheless. Sure I feel like a pile of SHEEeeat... but I enjoyed the experience of conversing with my Japanese friends and taking the time to organize and write the information we needed. Part 2 of the doors of destiny will also join Part 1 in the Darkness Beyond Time forever.

Well, I guess that's that. I want to thank everyone who contributed and to those who kept me going. I'll be honest, when I read the response, the game over OST of Chrono Cross popped right into my head. This video is so appropriate too... Kid trying to pass an incredible force, only to have her hopes and dreams crushed... I think of the time and effort (the story and journey of Cross) I put into this small project, making it up to this one point, the final confrontation, the final obstacle... only to have the dreams devoured...

[youtube]1ZG8rPzR5ds[/youtube]

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 02:21:32 am »
XD that sounds like a pre-written letter used to reply such kind of requests.
All he/they have to do is replacing the name.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:26:02 am by utunnels »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 02:54:22 am »
Yeah, I seriously think we should investigate this letter moving through a more official channel. Non-profit websites would be optimal, of course, because it would be easy to transition.

Granted, I'm a bit of an optimist...

And the future refused to change... FALSE.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 11:06:19 am »
@Magus22: That was disheartening, dude. Kinda true though. Still, can't say we didn't try.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:46:08 am »
 :cry: damn it all

doesn't give me much hope for a katou interview.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:40:37 pm by chi_z »

justinstcharlesmusic

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Echoes of the Algorithms
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 10:41:12 pm »

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails (with whom Yasunori more than likely has much reverence for) interacts directly with his fans through his website. Measure Trent Reznor's success vs Yasunori. Are you insinuating that Trent Reznor is both unprofessional and unintelligent? You don't need to reply, because it doesn't matter. Bottom line is, 10 minutes could have been taken to satisfy incredibly devoted and loyal fans. Five short questions. It's really that simple. I'm with Magus22 on this.

None the less, speaking of the fans - it's still great to have met a few of ya. Some really fine gents. I'll still be around boys, keep in touch.

Good game, good game.