Author Topic: Vote to reboot Breath of Fire at Capcom  (Read 1237 times)

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Vote to reboot Breath of Fire at Capcom
« on: May 26, 2011, 07:51:10 am »
http://www.capcom-europe.com/

First off, I have no idea how influential such a poll could possibly be. But as another poster said to me upon my skepticism: "it can't hurt".

Second, this is Capcom Europe, which adds further doubt. However, at the very least, you don't have to live in Europe to register and vote. I say it's worth a shot.

The poll is right in the middle on the home page under "Polls". You must register first. Accounts from other regions (like Capcom-Unity) don't work.

Currently Breath of Fire is behind Dino Crisis by a large margin (wtf?) but is in second place overall (out of 1100+ votes). So if you like RPGs, do yourself a favor and vote Breath of Fire!

I expect that Chrono fans should find themselves particularly sympathetic to BoF's plight; both it and Chrono are neglected franchises. So, a vote for Breath of Fire is a vote for Japanese RPGs.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:53:04 am by Jormungand »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Vote to reboot Breath of Fire at Capcom
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »
Whoa, huge thanks for this news Jormungand!

Page isn't loading for me at the mo', but when it loads I'mma vote so hard it hits the moon. Err, yeah. A big part of me wishes they'd do something nontraditional with a new BoF, like a story focusing on Deis and her rivalry with Myria. But yeah, Chrono fans (and I'd add Suikoden fans) can only benefit from an environment in which more old franchises are resurrected. I wonder if Capcom is entertaining it due to Square Enix's successes(?) with Lufia and the Ogre franchise.

Looks like the peeps at the GameFAQs boards already know about it, so that's good.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:05:54 pm by FaustWolf »

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:25:26 am »
I think the creater of BoF died a while back, didn't he? Maybe they don't want to risk ruining his grand story...

*cough*DragonQuarter!*cough*

...anymore. :P

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 01:54:55 am »
Personally, I'd love to see a remastered version of Breath of Fire IV. With the capabilities we've got now, imagine what it would look like to call up guys like Kaiser or Peist.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:30:10 am »
I would if I didn't have to register to vote.

Here's for a new BoF game, or at least a quality remake of BoFII.

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 12:50:28 am »
I would like a remake of BoF2. This game had such an intense story at the second part. The battle system could use a little tune up though.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 01:37:24 am »
A remake of BoF2 would be seriously epic. I love that game so much.

Dragon Quarter is still pissing me off for how lame it was... sort of like how Unlimited SaGa ruined the SaGa Frontier series.