Author Topic: Grand Request / Questions Thread  (Read 8582 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Grand Request / Questions Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 12:49:28 pm »
When you say wireless, do you mean wi-fi or cellular? I have a Kindle, and it uses a cellular signal to download books wirelessly.

It is compatible with PDF, although the text is a bit small, at least on the model I have. I have the ad supported one with the full keyboard, from just before the release of the new line.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 02:27:14 pm »
Pardon, I meant wi-fi which is non-existent here. As for cellular (if you mean 2G/Edge/3G access), eh... do you actually place your own Sim in there or is it locked? If it's locked, then I doubt if the cellular would work here.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 01:06:40 pm »
Amazon made a deal with one of the US carriers to use their data network. Amazon pays for it, and there's no way to change it. I'm not sure if they have similar agreements in other countries.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 05:11:00 pm »
Urgent! Looking for Storyboard artists for web-animation Polar Detective.

Polar Detective is a web-series, produced and animated by yours truly, along with other artists, writers and voice actors. The story is about this one Sherlock Holmes-esque character (as a baby polar bear) who turns a new leaf to atone for his crimes of stealing food and honey by solving baffling cases. In his adventures with his trusty sidekick (a stoned rabbit) he encounters gruesome villains, deceptive girlfriends, evil capitalists, criminal masterminds, and probably even the devil. It's the kind of story every Sherlock Holmes / heist-genre / teddy bear lovers would love.

I was looking forward to finishing it by October, but unfortunately with two eProjects down my throat I've been stretched too thin. With further responsibilities upon my shoulder in the near future, I've realized that I need to distribute some work. As such, I'm looking for a creative / imaginative eye who can draw Storyboards for the web-series based on the script (doesn't matter if you aren't good with drawing, so long as you can envision good). Optionally, if you can explain and come up with scene dynamics and aesthetically pleasing cinematography, even better! (Gurren Lagann style? you're my hero!) Any assistance on the art / planning side would help me finish the first episode in time.

At the same time, I'm also looking for someone who can compose a short opening sequence for the animation, something like this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here's a teaser screenshot:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:34:09 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 12:43:18 am »
And because I LOVE questions, let's revive this thread with another one:

If you were in a relationship with someone in love, were the perfect couple (as in, even if you get into a fight it usually only strengthens your relationship), what would you do / feel if:

1) you didn't love your lover truly, even if they loved you most, and yet you know they deserve to be the happiest person in the world and hence you shower them with all the love you've got, not letting them feel even once that they lack something important?

2) you loved someone truly, and thought they loved you back just as much, only to find out one day that they didn't truly love you and simply made you the happiest person on earth simply because they believed you deserved it?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 04:43:10 am »
Could a musician here help me score a simple soundtrack for Polar Detective? Just one score, but nothing too complicated.

milkjamjuice

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 12:36:37 pm »

If you were in a relationship with someone in love, were the perfect couple (as in, even if you get into a fight it usually only strengthens your relationship), what would you do / feel if:

1) you didn't love your lover truly, even if they loved you most, and yet you know they deserve to be the happiest person in the world and hence you shower them with all the love you've got, not letting them feel even once that they lack something important?

2) you loved someone truly, and thought they loved you back just as much, only to find out one day that they didn't truly love you and simply made you the happiest person on earth simply because they believed you deserved it?

Ah, but if you didn't love your lover truly....were you ever one half on the perfect couple to begin with?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 12:50:02 pm »

Ah, but if you didn't love your lover truly....were you ever one half on the perfect couple to begin with?
That's the big dilemma. :) The chemistry between the couple is GREAT, even better than those each individual actually loves, but "love is just not there". You have the closest friend, best of faith, reliability, stability, respect, appreciation, rhythm, rapport, passion, thought-syncing, curiosity, loyalty, etc. EVERYTHING that makes for "the perfect true love"... except it isn't love. (Well, at least one of them "truly loves", but the other doesn't, even though that bit doesn't ruin the relationship at all)

This was a great dilemma I had a year ago, although the one who wasn't in love before instead finds himself actually "falling deeply head-first in it" right now (just because the chemistry was great, and the partner was just... "perfect compatibility", if not "perfect" in itself... Well, that, and she managed to fish him up). But I'm still interested to know what everyone's answers or opinions may be to such a question.

Just gives you something to think about. What would you do if you were in either of those positions? :cry:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:54:50 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 09:07:20 am »
I'm more of an artist and storyteller than a writer. However, I do realize that writing is an important stage to even "begin" storytelling, and since there's nobody else to do it for me and put the story on paper as I alone imagine it, I may as well do it myself.

However, writing -- even a few paragraph -- exhausts me mentally, and I feel the need to go and sleep (even if I had a good sleep just an hour or so ago).

Does anyone else have the same problem? What do you do to overcome this exhaustion and actually enjoy writing? What advice would you give me?

Legendary Biologist

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Searching the Unknown; Seeing the Hidden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 10:14:44 am »
However, writing -- even a few paragraph -- exhausts me mentally, and I feel the need to go and sleep (even if I had a good sleep just an hour or so ago).

Does anyone else have the same problem? What do you do to overcome this exhaustion and actually enjoy writing? What advice would you give me?

I often feel the same. I write, but I often feel like losing my interest to continue writing. So, I'll either play games (online or offline), read comics (humor is my favorite), chatting, or listen to music. They generally work for me.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 10:51:27 pm »
I feel ya tushantin. While I've done prose that I'm proud of, deep down inside I find it exhausting rather than exhilarating. That's why I'm more drawn to the scriptment style, especially as it exists in documents leaked from James Cameron's productions. The strong focus on dialogue, accompanied by prose of whatever length I feel is necessary to set the mood, lets me write expansively when I'm inspired to do so, and barrel straight through when I'm not. It just takes off the pressure of "Oh, I've got to come up with a freaking paragraph for X Y Z."

So basically I'm cheating!  :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:52:59 pm by FaustWolf »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »
Thanks for both of your suggestions. I used my own modification of the two. It worked!  :D

A good idea, for me at least, is to have no plans but still being able to recognize (and be proud of) the task I've finished, at least for the time being. Never leave something in the middle; at least give a finishing blow to a part of the task. Then set some time aside for leisure, which helps in recharging.

I used to procrastinate on my writing before by looking up videos or going to failblog. But nowadays I procrastinate on other stuff... by actually writing my book (which feels like vacation time now, somehow).

And the scriptment style was a good idea, because exploration itself is fun. Remember my experiments with Atash Kedah? It's finally helped me improve my writing style!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »
TUSH

Been a couple months since you posted it, but are you still looking for a short opening score?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 03:24:49 am »
TUSH

Been a couple months since you posted it, but are you still looking for a short opening score?
Yeah! Though I've certainly been around lately since a couple of months.  8)

For the opening score, yep, I might need one. But not sure if it's necessary anymore, because I no longer have writers to work on Polar Detective for me, nor might I have time / money to animate the series further, even if I can squeeze out the first episode somehow. (Currently, I could totally buy time if I had the money, or could make money with what I produce.) And if I can get my hands on this baby, I might even be able to do some visual poetry (that means, I'll still need someone to voice-act).

Though, do you have something in mind?

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:37 pm »
It was me who wasn't around.  Eeeeeasy now.

Friend of mine has been pumping out tunes.  Currently has an album out under the name "Wallification Of Sound" to give you an idea.  I haven't spoken to him about it yet, but I know it's an area he wants to get into, whether it be from a song he's already written or a new one.  Big electronic feel to it.  Not sure what you had in mind for your detective.

Haven't written a song (on a comp) in some time myself, but always enjoyed it.