Author Topic: Why Crono?  (Read 28028 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2005, 07:12:28 am »
I think ur first guess was the best. I've heard it before, very common guess.

~LC

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2005, 07:18:53 am »
What? That he overslept?  

Possible, just dosen't feel right.

Oh, I just had another idea!

Crono was late to the fair, he arrived at about noon. What if he got a good night sleep, woke up in the morning, went to the fair too early to bump into Marle, and got back home?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2005, 07:20:26 am »
Yes!!!! You see, the idea is that the Lavos Timeline was "peaceful" (in the sense that Crono just had a normal day), no supernatural stuff (Crono's time travel).

~LC

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2005, 07:22:10 am »
Yeah, I think we hit the nail on the head with that one. He just didn't oversleep: He woke up normally and never met Marle.

Hehe, I wonder if he marries Lucca instead. Sounds cool, being as Lucca isn't terrible looking and has a cool personality.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Why Crono?
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2005, 08:25:27 am »
wtf? Where do you guys get that he would have overslept? I mean, are you saying that it's the Entity that chose when Crono woke up?

Simply put, the Entity made the gates. The Entity obviously didn't make the gates in the original dimension. So, if anything happened, Crono & Marle use the Telepod, then after the fair, part ways. Perhaps Marle never sees Crono again, perhaps not. Who knows? It doesn't really matter.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2005, 08:46:12 am »
Chrono Trigger Game Script.

Crono's Mom: Ah, Leene’s Bell makes such a beautiful music!  You were so excited about the Millennial Fair that you didn't sleep well, did you...?  I
want you to behave yourself today!  Let's get moving, now!

She walks down the stairs and Crono gets out of bed, stretches out and is
set.  Crono goes downstairs.

Crono's Mom: Finally!  By the way, that inventor friend of yours...  Uh... you
know...!  Oh, dear, I've forgotten her name! [Name selection screen].  That's
right, Lucca!  Don't forget that she invited you to see her new invention!  
Run along now, and be back before dinner.

~Jump to Telepod scenes~

Lucca: Crono!  Where have you been!?  No one wants to try the Telepod!  How about you?

All of the bold parts state Crono was LATE for the fair. If he woulden't of been late, he never would of met Marle.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2005, 12:49:13 pm »
Well we know that the entity msut have done something because if timelines are being alterned by luck... that make no sense.

The over slept thing calls upon that the entity would have the power over Crono's Mom sinc eshe wake him up. We all now that the first time Marle entered the gate that the future changed, so it need to be before Marle try the telepod and something that the entity could modify slithly without people noticing her work.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2005, 12:52:47 pm »
Hmm, I just came up with something. The first track of the OST is called Premonition. What if instead of controlling Crono's mom, the entity just got Crono to go into a deep dream, thus making him oversleep?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2005, 01:01:35 pm »
Because it's Crono's Mom who wakes him up, but that was kinda good because we know that the plante have dreams, maybe she can control the,m or something?

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2005, 01:02:33 pm »
Thats a good guess.  We don't, after all, know exactly what the Entity can and cannot do.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2005, 01:08:50 pm »
No, that makes too little sense. Gina woulden't wake Crono up UNLESS he overslept. And I don't know about you, but whenever I go to sleep (Assuming I don't have any more sleeping hours to catch up) I usually sleep the same time as yesterday, if I went to sleep at the same hour, that is!

I doubt Crono was REALLY excited about the fair that he'd lose sleep. It's like Serge's dream in the beggining of CC. That kept him sleeping 'till noon, didn't it?

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2005, 01:12:30 pm »
I don't always wake after a certain amount of time passes.  I almost always wake up at 9 o'clock am and usally fall back asleep till about 10 o'clock am.  Besides everyone sleeps differently.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2005, 01:18:57 pm »
I always go to sleep at 1 to 2 AM during the summer holiday, and wake up at around 9 AM (Sometimes earlier, sometimes a little later). And during the school year, I go to sleep at 11 PM, and wake up at 7 AM.

And yeah, everyone sleep differently, but if they sleep the same amount of hours in every day and go to sleep at the same hour, they'll wake up in the same hour, every day. It's simple math, actually. Let's take me for example.

Wake up- 9 AM.

Go to sleep- A PM.

Awake-17 hours.

Sleeps: 7 hours.

If I'll go to sleep at 2 AM every day, and sleep 7 hours every day, I'll wake up at 9 AM, every day.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2005, 01:20:19 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
No, that makes too little sense. Gina woulden't wake Crono up UNLESS he overslept.

That seems really backward for the entity, she would have trigger a dream that would wakeup Crono, NOT to stop Lavos timeline and would have let Crono wake up to save the Lavos Timeline...

So the entity is like a movie watcher she modifies thing to see what will happen and then modify something else to see another movie?

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2005, 01:22:02 pm »
Yeah, but do we really know when they went to bed, and sometimes when I get excited about something I do go to sleep later than I usually do.