Author Topic: Why Crono?  (Read 28031 times)

Assassin of Time

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« on: July 05, 2005, 02:02:05 am »
I'm not sure if you guys have already came up with this answer or not, and one obvious answer is that he is kool. But is there any other evidence in the game why the Entity chose Crono to save the future?

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 02:04:29 am »
He's the onyl one with orange spiky hair and like the profecy written in Zeal...

nah joke apart, since we know nothing of Crono,s father it must be like anakin the force make him so he could sabe the world

(I know very lame but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if that is the answer)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 04:15:36 am »
I swar George Lucas fluked it when he thought of the whole Anakin was made by the Force thing. Just blind dumb luck.

But anyway, ur very right AoT (Assassin of Time) about why the Entity/Planet picked Crono. Which brings up another question:

Maybe the Entity/Planet didnt pick Crono...maybe it was Gaspar, or Belthasar...or even Melchior?? Who knows...

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 05:00:41 am »
Well, I'm not so sure she actually picked Crono. It was all chance, in fact. Crono met Marle, Marle has pendent, Marle gets lost in Gate, Crono grabs the pendent and goes after Marle.

From that point onward, the Entity would guide Crono to finding the bleak future, and then to uniting with other heores, such as Glenn and Ayla.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 05:07:18 am »
Ah...so are you saying somethin like this:

"Once apon a time in some random place lightyears away, the Entity watches over the universe. Suddenly, a spiky-haired cool guy from the village of Truce bumps into this girl. The Entity sees that this cool guy could save that planet from being destroyed by Lavos and then guides on an epic quest...blah blah blah blah blah...now go play Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross..." :wink:

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 05:19:41 am »
Not exactly, but yeah, you're in the right way. I think the Gate opening is a reaction completly indepent, with no connection to the planet, being as the gate was created only when another power is invested into the Pendent. When the entity saw Crono actually changed to course of time, it decided the time has come to help him, and created the gate to 2300 AD.

And Crono's not cool, he's a friggin punk.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 05:43:05 am »
Yes, I always thought the first Gate opening at Lenne Square was nothing more than a reaction caused by the pendant (which has special powers might I add) and Lucca's Telepod. The teleporting phase begins and reacts with the Dreamstone within the pendant and opens this Gate out of blind luck. Crono and Marle's actions then effected things. The Entity then saw this as a chance to save the planet, therefore creating the Gate to the ruined future at the best possible moment (when Crono, Lucca and Marle were cornered in the forest). They then arrive in the future, witness the recording of the Day of Lavos, find and repair Robo, go to the End of Time (which was all due to Robo may I add), and the game continues on from there.

Summary: Basically, the first Gate opening was coincidental, the others and the rest of the journey, were altered.

Also, the Entity continued its work through Serege, Schala and Belthasar in Chrono Cross to destroy the Time Devourer (which is a bigger threat then what Lavos ever was).

~LC

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 05:51:44 am »
The Entity is the Planet. It didn't use Serge for anything. Belthasar planned everything so Serge could get his paws on the Chrono Cross and then use the Chrono Cross to tear the strings of time, and enter the Tesseract.

You were completly right on the CT part, though.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 05:55:33 am »
So r u saying that the Entity had no guidance on what happened in CC.
I know Belthasar did the whole Project Kid thing but I still thought the Entity did guide it a bit.

P.S: I know the Entity is the same thing as the Planet. I just like the sound of the "Entity". In my above post, when I say "Planet" I mean the physical planet orbiting the sun.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Why Crono?
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 05:57:12 am »
Hmm...The part where the Entity steps in is either (or both) when Marle is sucked into that first gate or when she dissapears.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 06:03:36 am »
No, she disappears due to the grandfather effect, and the gate opens only though to the power invested in the pendent.

I, for one, think the first time the Planet got involved was when Crono, Marle and Lucca flee the castle into the woods. It creates the gate to 2300 AD (Though Miguel makes it sound like that, too, was a chanced event).

And no, the thing with CC is the battle between the Planet and Mankind. Serge stands in the middle, as the destroyer. Intrestingly, we see a similar metaphor in the TD.

Schala= Human
DG=Dragonian\Planet
Lavos=Destroyer

And the Kid\Serge\Harle love triangle, too!

Kid=Human
Harle=Dragon\Planet
Serge=Destroer

And the game brings more of these kinds of things I can't bring myself to think about right now...

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 06:06:23 am »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
I for one, think the first time the Planet got involved was when Crono, Marle and Lucca flee the castle into the woods. It creates the gate to 2300 AD (Though Miguel makes it sound like that, too, was a chanced event).

I agree with Legend, everything up until that point was chance/happened because of the 600 AD events.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Why Crono?
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 06:06:36 am »
What? There is no grandfather paradox in the Chrono series...Plus, if that were true, wouldn't she have dissapeared far before Crono talks to her?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 06:10:06 am »
Well, I don't know. But I can't see why the Planet should send her there. I know there's no Grandfather Paradox in the Chrono Universe, it's just the most reasonble solution I could find.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
Why Crono?
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 06:11:17 am »
Its not a grandfather paradox, but a modified version. The killing of the ancestor. Just thought of something! Notice how Marle was thrown into the Tesseract BEFORE Lenne was going to die? Thats against the laws of time. I know that the Imposter Chancellor (cant remember name) was GOING to kill her, but in the Chrono universe things to happen till they happen.

Theory: Maybe the Entity/Planet threw Marle away into the Tesseract so Crono could go save Lenne.

That screws up my belief that the Entity first interfered at Guardia Woods though.

~LC