Author Topic: Balthasar in Terra Tower/Viper Manor?  (Read 10178 times)

Assassin of Time

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Balthasar in Terra Tower/Viper Manor?
« on: July 05, 2005, 01:26:53 am »
I'm just a tad foggy, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Balthasar in Terra Tower and Viper Manor in Chrono Cross? If so, how did he get there? It seems like he'd be tossed into the Dead Sea along with the dead future...

Ryuusai

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 01:31:53 am »
Yeah thats him.

Also isn't the Dead Sea in the Home World and Balthasar in Another World?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 04:21:05 am »
Quote from: Ryuusai
Yeah thats him.

Also isn't the Dead Sea in the Home World and Balthasar in Another World?

Cant say I remember which dimension he was in.

Quote from: Assassin of Time
I'm just a tad foggy, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Balthasar in Terra Tower and Viper Manor in Chrono Cross? If so, how did he get there? It seems like he'd be tossed into the Dead Sea along with the dead future...

No he wouldn't, in Keystone T-1 and T-2, Belthasar, in the Ocean Palace disaster is sent to the newly made future, as he is not part of the ruined future (as opposed to Johhny and Doan).

Belthasar came to 1020 AD via the Neo Epoch

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 04:34:00 am »
I should think Belthasar came to the eleventh century and contacted Lucca, telling her about Project Kid. He would then use Lucca's connections with Luccia to get him a job as the Viper Manor librarian, thus earning him a good spot to oversee the completion of Project Kid.

As for Terra Tower... The most reasonble answer I can come up with is he used magic to create an illuision of the library in Viper Manor... Hmm, let's see, he called the library in the tower... ~Checks Chrono Cross script~
Ah, a "space that does not exist". Yes, I guess an illusion can go under that kind of description. Anyway, he created it so Serge can find something familiar in the Tower, so he could tell him about Terra Tower, the Dragon God and FATE in somewhat more comfortable circumstances. You then leave the library, and it's as good as gone. And, after defeating the Dragon God\TimeDevourer Belthasar gives you the Time Egg and disappears completly off the face of the archipelago.

As for Home World... I guess he fled with the Neo Epoch when the Manor got wrecked.  Or, if my theory is correct and Lucca wasn't kidnapped in Home World, he went to Zenan so the two can further oversee the operation.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 04:38:46 am »
Quote from: Legends of the Past
As for Home World... I guess he fled with the Neo Epoch when the Manor got wrecked. Or, if my theory is correct and Lucca wasn't kidnapped in Home World, he went to Zenan so the two can further oversee the operation.

I never thought of that. And what is ur theory (in more depth and with evidence) if u dont mind my asking?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 04:56:32 am »
Well, I've posted it on Chronicles, but I don't mind posting it here, as well...

If FATE ceases to exist in Home World, there is no need for Lucca to remove the Circuit. Lynx woulden't go after her, she remains with Kid and her friends and they remain happily on Zenan. Which explains why Home's Kid never comes to Home's El-Nido.

And just in case, my theory assumes Kid didn't make up the Radical Dreamers as a cover-up for her working alone. A trouble-maker, she is, but even General Viper seemed so shocked about Kid being a Radical Dreamer, plus the people over at Arni say that even Porre can't get them. Kid can be a trouble-maker, but there's just no way she can cause that much trouble. Remember all her slip-ups in Viper Manor, in both CC and RD? That alone shows she has no way of doing that much trouble.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 05:02:32 am »
Theory Satus= I LOVE IT! Great work Legends!

Oh and another thing: Have u posted it somewhere else in a more...eh...suiting thread?

~LC

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 05:11:42 am »
Thank you. And it's Legend, not Legends...

And, well, not here, but I did post it on Chronicles... Think I should post it here on one of the thoery forums?

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 05:16:10 am »
Sorry about the spelling mistake (im often like that ) :)

And yes, you should post it on here. Many people, including me, Zeality and other commonly posting people would love to here about it!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 02:27:12 am »
Yes, there's basis in Radical Dreamers for that as well. Illusory Magic, like Gange uses -- creating worlds and settings that don't exist.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 04:12:48 am »
Im pretty sure that Legend's theory is a winner.

~LC

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 02:31:30 pm »
As for Home World... I guess he fled with the Neo Epoch when the Manor got wrecked. Or, if my theory is correct and Lucca wasn't kidnapped in Home World, he went to Zenan so the two can further oversee the operation.

Actually, Belthasar is unable to time travel to Home World for the same reason Crono is unable to time travel to Home's Future.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 02:43:19 pm »
Oh, that "everything in Home World before 1010 AD didn't happan?" theory?

Hmm. If that's true, I guess you can say so. But then again, maybe Serge's existence wasn't a threat just because of that?

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 03:53:02 pm »
Oh, that "everything in Home World before 1010 AD didn't happan?" theory?

Well, the theory is that Home is the aberration, split off from Another.  Another and Home share the same past, but not the same future.  Time Travelers can only time travel within their own dimension, along a straight line you could say, and Home splits off at 1010.  Therefore, Crono's defeat of Lavos only affects Another World.

But then again, maybe Serge's existence wasn't a threat just because of that?

Serge's existence didn't necessarily cause this split, but the fact is that the dimension split happened because of events centered around him.  Serge's significance lies in this fact, and in the fact that because of his contact with the Frozen Flame, he's become the Arbiter of Time/Chrono Trigger, denying FATE access to the Frozen Flame.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 04:02:27 pm »
Fate loses access to the Flame, either way. That's why Lynx needed Serge's body, to get access back to FATE, or more correctly, Dark Serge's, grasp.