Author Topic: Priceless Doujinshi Listing, Kingdom Trial, and New Gurus!  (Read 3756 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Chrono Compendium now hosts a priceless listing of doujinshi, featuring cover/back pages and organized chronologically by publication. Check it out at this page. This is really something... It's an incredible task to gather so many wonderful creations, let alone catalogue them and provide cover scans. I'm not aware of anything that's come close to this, except for CuteLucca's old doujinshi listing. We haven't scanned the actual doujinshis themselves, as this would be unfair to the authors and earn the Compendium a pretty hated reputation. Still, for a listing like this to exist... It's a priceless jewel for the site. Many, many thanks to the benefactor who made this all possible -- Angerona!

ChronoMoogle has let us know that the new single F.A.V. (by German rapper Favorite) contains several samples of the Kingdom Trial from Chrono Trigger. Check out the single here; the samples come in right at the beginning! Many thanks to ChronoMoogle for this tidbit.

It's time for a new Guru court! The Guru system never was the same after the cease & desist order, as a big part of it was recognizing contributions to ROM hacking. The Chrono series is also wilting. Less activity and fewer projects spells fewer opportunities to make a great contribution (outside translating interviews, which we perpetually need). We have to give a hand to everyone still keeping the fire!  [REASON]  First up is the new Guru of Reason, Angerona! She's contributed so much, it's ridiculous. Did you enjoy that ultra hi-res Chrono Trigger art? Thank Angerona. What about that glimpse at early character art out of the Chrono Trigger V-Jump Player's Guide? Yep. How about all the new merchandise listings? Again. And that crown jewel doujinshi page? Bingo. We are in your debt.  [TIME]  Next is Guru of Time...Clovis15! How long has it been since that team's been cranking out new Chrono Trigger Unglued episodes? CTU is without a doubt a successful fan project.  [LIFE]  And the new Guru of Life is rushingwind, who contributed a lot of technical help earlier this year and late last. Dealing with and migrating backups of the Chronofan server and CSMA can be a massive chore, so many, many thanks to rushingwind for keeping it all under lock and key during that busy stretch of months. Things might have been hopelessly out of date otherwise!

[LATE-BREAKING FAN ART]  Just noticed a new submission from the site's e-mail -- it's the new Chrono Universe Collection from artist UltimaOrigin, an effort to draw all characters from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross! It's off to a smashing start with three pieces: [ Crono - Lucca & Robo - Marle ]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:17:38 pm by ZeaLitY »

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Priceless Doujinshi Listing, Kingdom Trial, and New Gurus!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 03:39:03 am »
Wow!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:18:52 pm »
Congratulations to the new gurus  8) Awesome collection of doujinshis! I had been checking the doujinshi section regularly and I was very pleased to see them coming and coming. I'd have loved to be able to read them, but having such a complete listing of the covers and back-covers is astounding too.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 03:37:54 pm »
W00t! Congrats to the new Gurus!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:17:56 pm »
Updated with three new pieces of great fan art!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 01:13:44 am »
Grats to the new Gurus  :D

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 06:00:19 am »
I am deeply honored to recieve this title. Expect to see CTU Dub Episode 2 in the near future... I think.

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:12:49 am »
Thank you so much for this honor, ZeaLitY. I promise I will do my best to be worthy of it.

Not so long ago there was an awesome CT doujinshi website… Deviddo kun’s site… Maybe you remember him, he worked along with Cute Lucca in the translations of some of the doujinshis in her website. It was an amazing site but unfortunately it seems to be gone now (or if someone knows about a new URL please let me know!)… Scanning the contents of the books may imply many kinds of potential troubles… for that reason I haven’t added them…
Thank you so much to the person who put some order in my chaos BTW  :)!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 01:13:53 am »
Angerona, congratulations. I absolutely loved all your contributions  :)

I did visited Cute Lucca's site when it was still online, but I wish I knew about this Deviddo kun’s site back in the day  :P

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 09:44:10 pm »
I missed this until now... congrats new guru's!