Author Topic: Spring Update! Huge Chrono Triggert Art Explosion!  (Read 8312 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Spring Update! Huge Chrono Triggert Art Explosion!
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:01:44 pm »
Time to kick off SPRING! We have a ton of new high-resolution Chrono Trigger art, courtesy of Angerona! It all comes from this Toriyama artbook. The bad news is that they didn't see fit to include Lucca, Robo, or Ayla's character art, nor a couple scenes/any NPC art. There's still a LOT of amazing stuff here! Check it out:  [SCENES]  [ Box Art - The Pendant - Magic Cave - Magus Battle - Medina Battle - Dactyl Ride - Resting at Lucca's - Forest Camp - Jet Bike (Designs) - Epoch (Designs) ]  [CHARACTERS]  [ Cast - Crono - Marle - Frog - Magus ]

[PROJECTS]  utunnels had made another PC Radical Dreamers project that interprets Demiforce's script dump to provide gameplay in a new environment. Check it out at this thread!  [2]  Licawolf's made an awesome concept for a Chronopolis-themed alternate reality game. We've put it up as a feature! Find it here and enjoy the luscious shots. You can find vectorized versions of the logos here!  [3]  Check out the first CT Unglued voice episode here! Get in on casting for the next episode here.

[CONSUMABLES]  Bard of Time has submitted some cool Chrono series skins for Minecraft; download them here!  [2]  neologix has made a font called Trigger Bold, based off Lunar Archivist's old work on the Chrono Trigger font. Grab the TTF file here!  [3]  mysticalpha's Chrono Trigger comic has been updated! Check out 40 Future Friends and 41 Grind.

[DOUJINS]  [ The Spoony Bards - First Course ][ Zephyr Cradle - Zephyr Violin Duo ]  [REMIXES]  [ 'To Far Away Inspirations' by Squint ][ 'Forest Refuge 2011 WIP 1' by CC Ricers ][ 'Janus, Schala, and the Ocean Palace' by Counter-Colette ][ 'Yearnings of the Wind' by Mr. RK ]

[FAN FICTION]  Starting things off is alfadorredux with an update of Chrono Helix; find it here!  [2]  PrincessSchalaZeal follows with Fiendlady Saga II - The Sapphire-Haired Shadow!  [FAN ART]  First is Licawolf with a few great contributions! [ In Another Time... - Marle x Magus - Oekaki Collection - The Mandora Monster - Thieves who Stole the Stars ]  [2]  Next is Ema with the very cool Type Poster.  [3]  Following Ema, we have CuyahogaRiver with four sketches! [ Kid and Serge sketch - Lucca sketch - Lynx sketch - Kid Sketch 2 ]  [4]  Next is Tact,, with the greatest thing since Hehhh hehehzzzzzz no Billy. It's Lost his continuity!  [6]  Last but not least is the venerable ChronoWeapon, with Cyrus and Schala, Lost Souls. Thanks to all submitters!  [OUTSIDE]  We've had a lot of great stuff posted to the fan art thread for other sites. Check it out here!  [5]  Lady Marle's made some amazing fan stamps! They're centralized at this thread and mirrored in the fan art section.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AFQX1vcK8ek&ap=%2526fmt%3D18 http://www.youtube.com/v/ac4U0qO_EeQ&ap=%2526fmt%3D18 http://www.youtube.com/v/DCZVbL0QRsk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:10:59 pm by ZeaLitY »

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Re: Spring Update! Huge Chrono Triggert Art Explosion!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:28:18 am »
wow, the hi-res art! I love how at that resolution I can see exactly how the coloring technic of Toriyama worked... even the smallest errors in the inking and the individual brush strokes of white over the watercolor are perceivable, awesome!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:31:33 am by Licawolf »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 04:36:21 am »
I know I say it every time, but darn, is it amazing how all the fanwork keeps flowing in. Has any franchise outside of Final Fantasy inspired this much creative expression among fans, for so long?

The springtime keeps on a-rollin'.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:53:31 am by FaustWolf »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:24 pm »
I know I say it every time, but darn, is it amazing how all the fanwork keeps flowing in. Has any franchise outside of Final Fantasy inspired this much creative expression among fans, for so long?

The springtime keeps on a-rollin'.

Good point and the final fantasy franchise has how many games? 12? 13? (hint hint square, nudge nudge :D)

So I didn't even see the Chronopolis-themed alternate reality game- LETS DO IT!

And look at that art! The dream of Zeal is indeed alive!

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:54 pm »
The link to "In Another Time" fan art is broken.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »
wow, I'm kinda tempted to do some remixes now, had a huge explosion of music and then nothing this time, don't I look like a lazy fool  :picardno

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:03 am »
Huzzah!  :D

neologix

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Gate Sealer
    • View Profile
    • ATOM - Apollolux Tabular Object Management system
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 06:05:45 pm »
update! i've released the font Trigger Light, the NDS complement to trigger bold!

...and it seems zeality got my name slightly wrong. x, not c. eh.

(edit - it seems to have been fixed now; thanks!)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:38:30 am by neologix »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 02:45:04 am »
That had nothing to do with Chrono Trigger. Booooooo.