Author Topic: Chrono Trigger on Playstation Network (Finally)  (Read 5364 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger on Playstation Network (Finally)
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:01:11 pm »
This just in from IGN.com:

"With so many PSX-era Square titles getting dumped onto the PlayStation Network recently, many gamers were left wondering when an SNES-era favorite might join the party.

We're of course talking about Chrono Trigger. Originally released on the Super Nintendo in 1995, Chrono Trigger saw re-release on the PlayStation in 2001, packaged Stateside with Final Fantasy IV in the compilation known as Final Fantasy Chronicles. Other SNES-turned-PlayStation Square RPGs have recently been announced, such as Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI, adding fuel to the fire that Chrono Trigger had to be right around the corner.

Well, now we have confirmation. The ESRB has rated Chrono Trigger for release on PlayStation 3 and PSP, signifying that Chrono Trigger will arrive sometime soon on the PlayStation Store as a PSone Classic.

Unfortunately, there's no word yet on a release date for Chrono Trigger on the PSN."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:04:17 pm by FaustWolf »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger on Playstation Network (Finally)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:05:41 pm »
Interesting, looks like URL addresses don't auto-hypierlink on the front page like they do on the forum. That's why I made the manual hyperlink. Thanks for the news!

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:06:23 am »
Yet another announcement regarding the Chrono series...

this is damn interesting. I wonder if it will have the DS extras? Then again, the CT release for Wii was the original SNES version... hmm... something is cooking over at SE, regardless of repetitive re-releases. They need to take the sales they get from all the recent Chrono news and put it towards funding "Brake".

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:14:06 am »
The article implies that it is actually the FF Chronicles version. If so, meh.

If not, I hope it's just the original SNES version. Maybe with extras, but it's potentially some people's first introduction to the Chrono series, and there's no reason to include extras if it's going to make them suffer those load times.

I highly doubt DS extras would be included, but who knows? PSN Releases can be really interesting. Turtles in Time Re-Shelled, for example. And we already know they're reworking Chrono Trigger for iOS. Maybe they're doing more than they're telling us. Wouldn't be the first time!

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 12:41:36 am »

I'd be more excited about the release if I were to actually own a PS3 or a PSP. Alas, such isn't the case.

However, I would like to hunt down and buy the SNES catridge of the game and actually play it on an SNES console. It would definitely give me a fulfillment that I should have experienced as a child, but simply couldn't afford it.

Baaah!  :roll:

ssbb42

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:05 am »
i found something on the Japanese square enix site "http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/sem/chronotrigger/"

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »
ssbb42, any word on whether an iPhone or Android version are being discussed on SE's site? If not, my guess is that a mobile phone version of CT in the Americas will have to wait until SE judges its performance on whatever cell phones it's coming out for in Asia.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile

Tactinius

• Earthbound (+15)
  • With lustful malice and fervent hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:04:32 pm »
This'd be great if anyone could get on PSN to begin with. Regardless, I'm glad the game has been getting more attention from SE relatively recently.

ssbb42

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 09:39:03 pm »
ssbb42, any word on whether an iPhone or Android version are being discussed on SE's site? If not, my guess is that a mobile phone version of CT in the Americas will have to wait until SE judges its performance on whatever cell phones it's coming out for in Asia.
well it is a rumor i saw on a gaming site "http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=23752"

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 02:05:09 am »
And now the fucking PSN network has been hacked, and millions of personal details and credit card numbers have been compromised.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/02/report-psn-hacked-showing-stunning-lack-of-credit-card-security.ars

What a joke. Fuck Sony. Out of the three current console manufacturers, they seem to be the most consistently unethical company.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 04:00:34 am »
And now the fucking PSN network has been hacked, and millions of personal details and credit card numbers have been compromised.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/02/report-psn-hacked-showing-stunning-lack-of-credit-card-security.ars

What a joke. Fuck Sony. Out of the three current console manufacturers, they seem to be the most consistently unethical company.

I am one of those 70 million people... yea it's not a fun feeling knowing some of your personal shit is in the hands of some dumbass hacker... nothing I can do about it, but I hope Sony gets to the bottom of this soon. Too bad I can't sue them lol

And the compensation they will offer PSN users will probably be shottie.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:33:45 am »
I'm another one of them. I'm not that worried, honestly. There's nothing you can do. If they try to use peoples credit cards they'll be caught. Besides that, the odds that they'll choose you or me out of the possible 70 million to mess with are extremely low. If they post everybody's internet history in a public place or everybody's credit cards or something like that then everybody's fucked, so what can ya do?

In good news, I saw the 3DS the other day. It does work. Huh.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 03:25:52 pm »
What a spammy post!

(There was a spammy robot post in this thread when I wrote this response. It has since been removed from the thread. Just for clarification.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:53:08 am by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 09:51:32 pm »
oh snap i want >.< i use to have a CT snes cart but some cunt stole it  :picardno i also want to buy it for ps3 but still.... im one of those people on 3.55 CFW untill games are further uncrackable