Author Topic: Gaspar : The Guru of Time  (Read 20596 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Gaspar : The Guru of Time
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2005, 07:56:20 am »
Quote from: Radical Dreamer
He lives in the "end of time". In eternity.
The same place that the Frozen Place brought Serge and Kid to in 'Radical Dreamers'.

I believe the Radical Dreamers were taken to the Corridors of Time, not the End of Time. Those corridors are never mentioned in the other games though (might not be canon as far as CT and CC are concerned).

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2005, 08:01:21 am »
no offence to Radical Dreamers here as i believe it is a good game but:

Why does every1 affiliate it with the main games of the series!!!???

RD was just the thing CC was based off (im sure we all know that), not part of the main story! I suppose it can be argued that it could have been one of the dimensions created when Lavos was killed but still....

DOES ANY1 SEE MY POINT!!!!!?????

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 11:11:10 am »
Since RD is actually a sequel even if it is a small one it is worth mentioning since has we saw the Muags easter egg is mostly based on RD (magil can hide in shadow)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2005, 01:28:59 pm »
RD is not part of the 'main' continuinty of the Chronoverse, although it is 'canon' in a sense.  It either takes place in an alternate dimension that doesn't affect the other two games, or its was Belthasar's simulation of his Project Kid.  I like the latter idea.

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2005, 02:17:14 pm »
Quote from: Lordchander
remember though, just because Spekkio LOOKS like a mystic doesnt mean he is one. No one knows what his true form is.

Very true.
Spekkio is the god of war.
He can take any form that he wishes.

Quote from: Chrono'99

I believe the Radical Dreamers were taken to the Corridors of Time, not the End of Time. Those corridors are never mentioned in the other games though (might not be canon as far as CT and CC are concerned).

Actually, it is never mentioned as "Corridors of Time" in Radical Dreamers.
Since they were "out of time", I belive it was the 'End of Time'.
I'm saying that because time doesn't really have an end, and the end of time is rather eternity. Past, present and future.
(That's the reason for the infinity symbol).

RD was just the thing CC was based off (im sure we all know that), not part of the main story! I suppose it can be argued that it could have been one of the dimensions created when Lavos was killed but still....

No.
Are you sure you've actually played (and finished) 'Radical Dreamers' ? O_o
Cause it sure doesn't seem like you understood it...

CC is not more of a sequel than 'Radical Dreamers'.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 04:12:25 pm »
RD was a boring text adventure.  Its not part of the main continunity.  The developers took RD, and then built CC on it.  Or at least the main scenario in it.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 04:53:21 pm »
Well, from the RD script :
Losing all sense of reality and presence, I become engulfed in this realm,
drifting aimlessly through the ages...
The world flows, time dissolves, and people live and die... I can see it all
within this mysterious ocean...
The origin of time... Every one of life's tranquillities is here...
I can see myself as a baby, crying at my mother's side, where she gives a warm,
proud grin...
I can see myself as an old man, softly smiling, knowing that death will come
soon.
Infinite versions of myself extend like ghosts throughout this endless corridor
of time
Everywhere I look, I see another life, another era... In this unfolded
existence, I see countless lives, and countless dreams.
Resting in eternity, a kind voice calls out to me...
A single song...
...Kid!

We could argue that the term "corridor of time" would be a descriptive name and not the actual name of that place, but still, it doesn't look like the End of Time anyway. There are images of dinosaurs and fishes and stuff floating around in the void; it looks more like what we call the Darkness Beyond Time in CC than the End of Time we saw in CT (no images flowing around).

Moreover, Gaspar and Spekkio could only watch the Lavos/Keystone timeline, not the others. That's in opposition with Serge seeing "infinite versions" of himself, "another life", etc. Serge can even see "himself" dying as an old man, this should be pretty impossible under the common time laws used throughout the series (changes in time don't happen until they happen). Finally, Serge sees "countless dreams"... that seems very close to the Darkness Beyond Time and Sea of Dreams (Zurvan) from CC.

CC is more of a sequel than RD as it's the only game advertised with the words "the long-awaited sequel to Chrono Trigger" while RD was only an obscure gaiden made for fun. I really think Ewok Adventure would make a better canon Star Wars "Episode VII" than RD would make a canon Chrono episode...

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 05:49:15 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
RD was a boring text adventure.

Heh.
Cleary you don't know to appreciate a good story.

Its not part of the main continunity.

There is no "main contunity".
Both games are just diffrent universes.

The developers took RD, and then built CC on it.  Or at least the main scenario in it.

And yeah - they did that because 'Radical Dreamers' was *so* boring....  Makes sense :roll:

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, from the RD script :
Quote:
Losing all sense of reality and presence, I become engulfed in this realm,
drifting aimlessly through the ages...
The world flows, time dissolves, and people live and die... I can see it all
within this mysterious ocean...
I can see myself as a baby, crying at my mother's side, where she gives a warm,
proud grin...
I can see myself as an old man, softly smiling, knowing that death will come
soon.
Infinite versions of myself extend like ghosts throughout this endless corridor
of time...
Everywhere I look, I see another life, another era... In this unfolded
existence, I see countless lives, and countless dreams.
Resting in eternity, a kind voice calls out to me...
A single song...
...Kid!

We could argue that the term "corridor of time" would be a descriptive name and not the actual name of that place, but still, it doesn't look like the End of Time anyway.

Well, allow me to quote from your quotes:

There you go. "The origin of time". I belive it is ment as "The end of time".
That is because time has no beginning nor end.

What Serge was able to see was the events of the past, present and future.
He was "living" beyond the exsistance of time.

I really think Ewok Adventure would make a better canon Star Wars "Episode VII" than RD would make a canon Chrono episode...

And that's why folks, Chrono'99 isn't part of the dream team.... j/k ;P

Now, seriously, I don't get why so many people hate 'Radical Dreamers' (not to mention 'Chrono Cross' which actually had "hate" sites).

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 06:41:22 pm »

There you go. "The origin of time". I belive it is ment as "The end of time".
That is because time has no beginning nor end.

You contradicting yourself her eif there is no end nor begining why would the origin (begining) be the end if both doesn't exist and I read on the very forum that time has a end, thus a begining

if I remeber correctly what make a second is the difference between the position of a object before it and after it, if they wouldn't move we had no way of counting time example: put the sun at high noon without clock, no one could tell the time.

So when the very first thing begun to mvoe time was created and when the very last will stop it will be the end.

We all know that the is no perpectual (sp? infinite repetition) movement, thus all things will stop moving eventually, so time will end this very moment

Now, seriously, I don't get why so many people hate 'Radical Dreamers' (not to mention 'Chrono Cross' which actually had "hate" sites).

Hum I don't know for RD because it was a nice game without too much link to CT (eh sorry I though there was only one road and I wasn't that good in english) but for CC it's understandable, they compare it with CT (you can't much with RD it's not even the same style) nothing can beat CT. Even myself I was disapointed of the alck of link between the two but then I read alot about it and understand, but anyway it will never get to CT the only thing that are nearly equivalent is the music.

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 07:08:55 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo

You contradicting yourself her eif there is no end nor begining why would the origin (begining)

Origin means source.
Source doesn't nesscary means beginning.

and I read on the very forum that time has a end, thus a begining

O_o

You mean in the chrono series or in general?
Do you mind quoting your source?

if I remeber correctly what make a second is the difference between the position of a object before it and after it, if they wouldn't move we had no way of counting time

If you don't move and object, it doesn't mean that times "stops".
If nothing moved, that would just make the dimension of time somewhat "invisible". That is because time is relative.

So when the very first thing begun to mvoe time was created and when the very last will stop it will be the end.

We all know that the is no perpectual (sp? infinite repetition) movement, thus all things will stop moving eventually, so time will end this very moment

How do you know there wasn't always movement - you don't.
And I doubt this movment will ever stop since the universe keeps expanding.

Hum I don't know for RD because it was a nice game without too much link to CT (eh sorry I though there was only one road and I wasn't that good in english) but for CC it's understandable, they compare it with CT (you can't much with RD it's not even the same style) nothing can beat CT. Even myself I was disapointed of the alck of link between the two but then I read alot about it and understand, but anyway it will never get to CT the only thing that are nearly equivalent is the music.

Maybe people just keep insisting to compare it to CT instead judging it for it own - a text game, with great story & music.
So people like CT better - I can understand that - but I don't see why some insist in attacking RD because it's not as CT..... -___-

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 07:49:20 pm »

Origin means source.
Source doesn't nesscary means beginning.

The source of ... doesn't mean where it all began?

and I read on the very forum that time has a end, thus a begining

O_o

You mean in the chrono series or in general?
Do you mind quoting your source?

in general, I'm not sure where I read it I am reading each section and I jsut finished Lavos and the entity, I think it was on that

If you don't move and object, it doesn't mean that times "stops".

You maybe didn't move it but you though of moving it and a signal was sent to your brain and that signal moved inside your brain, that is movement, you can't see it but it's there

If nothing moved, that would just make the dimension of time somewhat "invisible". That is because time is relative.

I agree that tiem is relative, but that's it purpose if nothing move it's useless so it "end"

How do you know there wasn't always movement - you don't.
And I doubt this movment will ever stop since the universe keeps expanding.

There is nothing that will never end and from the theory of the Big bang there wasn,mt movement before this and the universe keep expanding but that doesn't mean it will not stop expanding and I think it will stop

Quote from: radical dreamer

Maybe people just keep insisting to compare it to CT instead judging it for it own - a text game, with great story & music.
So people like CT better - I can understand that - but I don't see why some insist in attacking RD because it's not as CT..... -___-

people have swallow mind (get it swallow - swallow ahaha (I hope that how you write it -_-))

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 08:28:06 pm »
Radical Dreamers had the one special quality that Chrono Cross severly LACKED: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Hell, RD's Serge kicks the ass outta most of CC's characters (much less CC's emotionless tool Serge). Not to mention Magus (Magil/Gil). The story rocked (and wasn't confusing at all). The music was original and atmospheric.

Aside from that ALL OF THE CHRONO GAMES (RD included) ARE BASED IN ALTERNATE TIMELINES!!! That's right, I said it. Chrono Trigger starts out in the newly formed timeline where the Entity steps in to change it's history so Crono & Co can stop Lavos. Radical Dreamers is in...well...Radical Dreamer World...Who knows? Mostly though, it seems like it's based around something like the Fall of Guardia. At the very least it's a timeline where Magus & Schala do some time traveling. Now, Chrono Cross definately takes place in a Fall of Guardia timeline. I do not believe the Fall of Guardia stems DIRECTLY from the CT ending because the Fall of Guardia occurs in New Game+

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 08:54:34 pm »
Lordchander wrote:

No.
Are you sure you've actually played (and finished) 'Radical Dreamers' ? O_o
Cause it sure doesn't seem like you understood it...

Okay, u caught me out there! I havent finished RD YET...probably never will really, I got up to the Frozen Flame in the Treasury then just stopped playing!

Anyways, could eh...we get back on subject about Gaspar and stuff??

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 09:08:03 pm »
Anyways, could eh...we get back on subject about Gaspar and stuff????

AHAHAH that's what I like here we start on somethign and end up in somethign else related to CT or partly, if anyone has an idea he'll just write it

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2005, 09:12:13 pm »
I cant remember who, but some1 said something way back on Page 1 or 2 about that time doesnt affect Gaspar or Spekkio at the End of Time. So, if you actually did measure Gaspar's stay in the EoT since the Ocean Palace disaster, he could have been there for decades! But through all that, he doesnt look any older! Hmmm...the secret for eternal life is at the EoT??? Never would have thought so... :lol: