Guru Workshop - Project Forums - Need One? Ask In Kajar Labs > Chrono Shift RPGMaker Project

CS Demo Response Thread (WARNING: Spoilers)

(1/8) > >>

Mr Bekkler:
Played the demo yet? Liked it? Hated it? Found bugs? Talk about it here!

:D

EDIT: Here's the link to the video walkthrough with Director's commentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8snhGOv40k

Soon to come: Achievements.

Schala Zeal:
Incredibly slow download... cursed megaupload.........

Mr Bekkler:
I'm sorry, but let's try to keep this thread for discussion of the demo itself please.
Edit: I added a Mediafire link in case people have problems downloading through RMN or Megaupload.

Magusmage:
Well, I downloaded it and played too. I can say that it was very very nice to play! The battle song was so...incredible!
Very well, I found a bug (now start to cry...just kidding xD):

1th. Sometimes the characters following me can walk through walls.
2nd. Nothing.

Mr Bekkler:
Yeah, unfortunately, I know about that bug but can't do much to fix it without rewriting the caterpillar code entirely, and it's already long and tedious. For the full game I might take a stab at it, but the decision I made was it's better to have characters following you a la Chrono Trigger, and end up with them walking through some stuff they shouldnt, than to just have one person on the screen. I put a lot of work into those sprites! Well, most of em, anyway. I have to admit, Sierra the terrorist is a mishmash of two Dragon Quest 4 sprites, and Taven, the girl team member with green hair, is a recolored mishmash of two other sprites from Dragon Quest 4. But in the long run that just made their battle sprites harder (and take longer)to make than if I just based them on CT sprites like Norstein and Rush.

The battle song is "Final Fantasy I Chaos Temple" by The Dual Dragons.
The final battle is " Fire Cross" by LuIza on ocremix.org
The secret boss is "Thrash's Snakebone Pit" by OA on ocremix.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version