Author Topic: Yasunori Mitsuda to Perform with Video Game Orchestra on April 1st (for serious)  (Read 3303 times)

kattrali

• Sleuth of Time
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
This April, the legendary composer of the Chrono series, Yasunori Mitsuda, is performing with the Video Game Orchestra (among others) at Boston Symphony Hall for the event BACK TO THE FUTURE: Two Generations of Film & Video Game Composers. The program includes "...music from Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, AFRIKA, Civilization IV and other popular games". Ticket prices are even in the "mere mortal" range ($15.50-$49.50), with an additional $5.50 'service' charge when ordering through BSO.org. Ticket availability still seems to be high. A snippet from the Boston Symphony website:

Quote from: Boston Sympthony Orchestra
Berklee College of Music’s Film Scoring Department, students, alumni, and staff present an evening of music from celebrated movies and video games. With Boston's historic Symphony Hall as the setting, the concert features the Video Game Orchestra, directed by guitarist Shota Nakama and conducted by Yohei Sato.

Special guest conductors include Grammy winner and Oscar nominee Alan Silvestri, Emmy winner Daniel Carlin (Berklee's Chair of Film Scoring), Golden Knight winner Lucas Vidal, composer for the popular video game Chrono Trigger Yasunori Mitsuda (emphasis mine), and video game composer Wataru Hokoyama, whose credits include AFRIKA and Resident Evil.. The concert also features a performance by the 90-member world-pop group, Rhythm of the Universe.

I'm negotiating my schedule to get myself to the concert, so hopefully I'll see some of you there! (I'll be sitting up front with an oversized wrench and faux moustache.) :)

I was alerted to these facts via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/tinysubversions/status/48774579635757056

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Great find kattrali! You think anyone's liable to make a video recording, or is that uber prohibited?

kattrali

• Sleuth of Time
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I would assume its uber-prohibited.

Quote from: Boston Symphony
Cameras/Recording Equipment
Camera and recording equipment are prohibited in Symphony Hall during concerts

Beyond that, in the occasions that SE allows non-official performances of music from their IPs, they don't allow the performers to show video (i.e. montages or cutscenes), let alone allow attendees to take any. :(

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
 8)
cameraphone
 :wink:

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
you'd be kicked out in an instant if you were caught. drop the BSO an email before the event to get a feel for it before you actually go and do that, would hate to make an ass of yourself in front of mitsuda.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Argh, stupid hashbang URLs. I'll fix it later.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:33:26 pm by Ramsus »

kattrali

• Sleuth of Time
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Argh, stupid hashbang URLs. I'll fix it later.

Yeah, I hate them too. I always have to "double wrap" them so they will link properly.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
A chance to see Mitsuda, so close to my home, would be AWESOME.

I am in upstate New York, so I may be able to attend. My only conflict is school. I just got to check my schedule...

EDIT: arrghghh... I can handle tickets, but stupid Massa-two-shits hotels are insanely expensive even through Priceline and other bargin bs...

grrr... also have classes that day... DAMNIT
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:59:51 pm by Magus22 »