Poll

Is this cool? Funny? Awesome? Confusing? Stupid?

Cool
0 (0%)
Funny
1 (12.5%)
Awesome
0 (0%)
Confusing
1 (12.5%)
Stupid
2 (25%)
Sad
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: youtube.com/watch?v=ul98DAIgXsc  (Read 2312 times)

CCCP

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
youtube.com/watch?v=ul98DAIgXsc
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »
I found this weird video about Zeality and the CT compendium and I don't quite understand it. What do you guys think of it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ul98DAIgXsc

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: youtube.com/watch?v=ul98DAIgXsc
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »
Hahaha. "You will feel my passion."    8)

I understand the sentiment of the video, but the approach is all wrong.

The guy who made this has some issues with expressing himself. Anyone can register and post comments. If they don't like the writing style of the updates, then say something about it here, not in some passive aggressive video. If you don't like the direction of the site, join, contribute, and influence that direction yourself.

It's no different than politics. Don't like what your politicians are doing? Participate in the process, or else they'll just keep doing what they're doing. If anything, sitting on the side and simplifying your enemies into straw men so you can sit back and complain about them only serves to reduce your own influence and embolden theirs.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:37:27 pm »
He's back.

IIRC RubyDragoon = DarkSerge. It's amazing how obsessed some people can be.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:46:41 pm by ZeaLitY »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:47:56 pm »
I'm not sure how someone can honestly get mad at a person for expressing a positive attitude. "It has nothing to do with Chrono Trigger" is a pretty silly thing to say too, considering this is a forum and you're free to make general discussion. Of course you're going to express yourself.

oh right it's dark serge. Some people just can't let go. :I Several years on and people are still obsessing over Compendium drama in weird ways. You could swear it's their entire lifestyle sometimes...

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:54:33 pm »
Wow… It really amazes me how people use their precious time to make such a thing… I just hope this person had used the little time she/he had left while making such “art piece”  to do something to actually contribute to the Chrono Community. As far as I’m concerned the Chrono Compendium is not only a database of information and analysis but a place where Chrono fans can share their passion, thoughts and opinions in. If that person doesn’t like it is always welcome to share her/his opinion politely or is totally free to build her/his whole community somewhere else, giving all her/his time, money and work to create it in the same way ZeaLitY has done for 8 years.

It’s quite sad, actually.
 :picardno
And thank you so much for sharing, CCCP!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »
I'm not Zeality's biggest fan or anything, but Dark Serge is much much worse. So who contributed more to the Chrono fan community? The guy who poured years of his free time into the ultimate Chrono Trigger fan hack or the guy who sent a jealous email to SquareEnix and took credit for "taking down" a game that got released anyways. Fuck that guy.

And it's not like I disagree with the "message", if you can call it that. Zeality, surreal humor doesn't appeal to me most of the time, a lot of your pictures and videos have nothing to do with the Compendium, and sometimes your attitude is (forgive the pun) overzealous. I'd say it to your face if I could because I know you don't care, and I know it really doesn't matter. The compendium IS yours and you can do whatever you want with it. I don't find anything you do to be too intrusive or offensive and while we don't interact much, I like to think we still "get along" fairly well, despite the fact that we're (oh my god!) different people. I don't think you're immature or that anything you do interferes with the community.

Dark Serge just sucks, and apparently has to project his insecurities and go to extreme measures to make sure he's heard. If that's how he wants to get closure, fine. Just more evidence of him being a lame-o.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »
His Youtube page says he is 34. If that's true... My god. I pray he never reproduces. He's rediculoooooooous.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:55 pm »
i'd take that number with a grain of salt... but wouldn't be surprised if it was true. just more head-shaking and sighing, really.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 11:50:02 pm »
Chrono(compendium) Break: The Revenge of Dark Serge

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:56:20 pm »
I'd vote if "Sad" was an option.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 12:05:32 am »
His Youtube page says he is 34. If that's true... My god. I pray he never reproduces. He's rediculoooooooous.

Don't be too hard on the guy -- he just knows that video games are serious business, like unicorns and narwhals and such.

I think it's important to remember that ultimately, this is just a gaming site. Flamboyant, over the top attitudes don't matter. If anything, it seems more fitting behavior than if we all acted like super-serious, pseudo-journalists or pretentious "video games as art" wanna-be hipsters.

Besides, if you disagree with someone's attitude or values, no matter who they are on this site, you're more than welcome to express your opinions. Discussion is always welcome here, as long as you can back it up with reason and evidence.

I suspect this individual is just a video-game obsessed shut-in who takes the whole matter of being banned way too seriously. Why be bitter over something so trivial? Just let it go and forget about it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 12:23:42 am »
Dear Ramsus,

Thanks for taking my comment seriously. Or at least I think you did. I'm not sure. Internet sarcasm is so hard to read these days.

Ramsus, you so ridiculooooooooooooous. You're killing me, smalls!

CCCP

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 12:27:25 am »
Update: Added sad as a poll option.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 01:10:29 am »
lol darkserge eh. that explains it all pretty much. not even gonna bother with the vid.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 01:21:25 am »
DarkSerge...? Who was that? lol

Nah, I remember him... but yeah... who? :roll: