Author Topic: Chrono Alter and Prelude to a Dream to become Compendium Exclusives.  (Read 3469 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
UPDATE:
The ownership of RMN has shifted to a new user who has revoked the impending doomsday. The site will remain open, and you will continue to be able to get Chrono Alter, Chrono Shift (Demo), and Chrono Trigger: Prelude to a Dream (Demo). However, I will continue to use the Compendium as the primary source for news because RMN may still be a bit unstable.

Original Post:
As some of you may or may not know, RPGMaker.net, the site that hosts Overture's Chrono titles, is going to be shut down on April 2nd, 2011. This is NOT a joke.

On that day, you will no longer be able to download Chrono Alter, Chrono Chronicles, or the upcoming demo of Prelude to a Dream. Instead, I plan to host these titles on MegaUpload, and provide all the games on the Kajar Labs section of the Compendium. I will search RMN for any other Chrono related Projects, download them, and rehost them here on the Compendium.

Currently, I am in talks to get an official Overture Studios website created. Once we can finish the deal, the projects main site will be moved there, with other sources hosted on the Compendium.

Thanks,
-Lance VII
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:50:00 am by Lance VII »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Alter and Prelude to a Dream to become Compendium Exclusives.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:45 pm »
Whoa, this was unexpected (at least to someone who doesn't follow RPGMaker's community nearly closely enough). I'm posting the link to what I'm reading at the moment just for redundancy's sake.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:21:30 pm »
wow both horrid and good news I guess.  :(  :?  8)  :P  :cry:

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:39:33 pm »
Oh wow. Good thing I hadn't registered Shift on there yet, it would have been wasted effort.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:58 am »
I'm hoping WIP will allow a user named Kentona to take over the site. He's probably the best RPG 'Maker' there is in the indie community. Hero's Realm is an amazing title every RPG fan should play.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:45 am »
Damn, that really does suck. Even if the site's mission is a failure, it has historical value and should be preserved. It's things like this that prevent the older generation of sites from enduring and keeping the past alive. These days, fansites have been preempted by Wikia, and you don't see cool things like that so much...

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 12:24:56 pm »
no no no no! I love that site thats where I get all my tutorials and download games and learn stuffs! Rawr! :x That sucks. Well i'm glad Overture Studios shall survive :D

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
The site had a lot of awesome games, tutorials, and members. It had the absolute BEST gamepage layout. It's a true shame it has to go just because of Forum assholes.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:28 pm »
Sad news.  I wasn't terribly familiar with the site, having only downloaded a couple of things over the years.  But the layout and depth / variety of content were fantastic.  The only time I ever tried my hand at things was back when one of the RPG Maker games was released for Playstation, and I just got nowhere with it.  I'm still wow'ed by the quality of some of the fan-made content out there.  Never would've imagined such a vibrant indie scene back in 1995. 

I'll have to put aside some time to dig through the site and check out some of the cooler looking stuff on there before it closes down.

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 03:50:21 am »
I looked at the site, and I saw a new thread.

Does this change anything?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 05:44:16 am »
Yeah, looks like the situation is cleared up for now. I'm gonna post there while I have a chance I guess.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 11:02:50 am »
I updated the first post with the most current events. We'll see what happens from here.