Author Topic: Think a Little Thought of Me  (Read 3605 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Think a Little Thought of Me
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:41:26 am »
It so happens that today is a very auspicious day. Well, February is itself an awesome month (being unique in its number of days). But also it is in this month and on this day, if truth be told, that many years ago I was born. Thus far the Thought-Day celebrations have been impressive: apparently nature decided to give me snow, which was ever so nice of it.

Regardless, upon this day I have a simple request: find an interesting book, find a delectable beverage, and sit and read and drink and think deep thoughts for me.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Think a Little Thought of Me
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:17:29 am »
Regardless, upon this day I have a simple request: find an interesting book, find a delectable beverage, and sit and read and drink and think deep thoughts for me.

Ooooh!  Done, done, and done (and finished the book)!  And I did all this before you wrote this post, so this just further convinces me that I can see into the future.  ;)

Happy Birthday!  Snow is a magnificent present.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:23:48 am »
Everyone ages, everyone dies, but not many usually think a good Thought. :picardno

Happy birthday anyway. :wink:

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:52:49 am »
I shall read part of my favorite book for today, Thought! (The Neverending Story! Best book ever written IMO!)

Happy Birthday! May it be awesome!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:40:45 am »
...and may all your Thoughtmases be white...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:50:00 am »
February shall henceforth be known as the Season of Thought. Or something. Happy Thought-day! I shall ponder deeply today in honor of this occasion...

...particularly on the subject of what the heck is sticking out of the side of The Thinker's head.  :?

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:51:31 am »
In the beginning, there was naught. All was dark and all was void. Then a Thought was born to the Almighty, "Why's everything so dark? Oh well, let there be lights!" (flips the light switch on) And all was light! For if it weren't for that Thought, there would be no idea. If it weren't for that idea, there would be no creation, and all of the universe's consequences bowed in admiration. An idea can change your life!

Happy birthday, man!  :lee:

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 05:28:05 am »
Happy birthday sir!

My Thought for you, a fave:

When you look out into the night sky...you can see the stars far away.  You're seeing them, because of the light which has traveled from them to you.  Now, it takes time for light to travel here.  So what we're doing is seeing the stars as they were in the past, the amount of time it's taken the light to reach us.  And the further and further away those stars are, the further back in time we're looking.  Now...we're seeing...a star say 6000 years ago...imagine somebody on that star, looking at us.  They would bee seeing us as WE were, 6000 years ago.

Which one of those two is now?

Though Space and Time are linked together, because...we are looking across space, we are looking back in time.

:shee

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 06:06:23 am »
I prefer to think of us as being ahead of the times. ^_^

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:48 am »
Happy Birthday!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 11:05:40 am »
Happy birthday, Thought. Enjoy the white day nature gave you. As for myself, I'll go to the library and look for a good book. Congrats  :)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »
Thanks, everyone.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:09:29 pm »
Having moved, I didn't get snow this year, but I did get fog, which isn't too shabby.

This brings me to my 30th year. I'm old. Well, not in the grant scheme of things, or, indeed, even in terms of the human lifespan. But old enough. I've done enough in the past decade, but I could have done more. There were questions of who I was, who I wanted to be, etc. Now, I feel like I have a better grasp on those questions, and even if I don't have the exact answers, this next decade better watch out.

Unfortunately, that means that the time has come. There is much to do, and while I love the compendium, the more time I spend here, the less time I can spend elsewhere.

I'm not leaving, not exactly. I am just going to make an active effort to be less active here. My main activities in the past have been theorizing and philosophizing. I'll be trying to spend less time figuring out the Chronoverse and more time trying to figure out my own stories to write. I'll be trying to spend less time arguing for honesty and rationality on a one-on-one level and more time trying to reach larger audiences.

I don't doubt that you'll all get along quite well without me: I'm a historian, I know that civilizations don't rise and fall because one person comes or leaves. Indeed, they don't fall because the intellectual environment changes. As long as the people of a civilization are passionate, that civilization endures. Thus, until all the passion is gone from here, it will be a wonderful place.

But... before I go, I just want to tell you all: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 08:23:51 pm »
All the awesome people have left, or rarely post.  :/  But I understand the reason for leaving.  We had a lovely Golden Age here at the CC, didn't we?  I was so happy that I was there to witness it.

I wish you the very, very best.  You will be missed, but the world outside of the internet needs the Great and Powerful Thought.

And even though I still don't remember how the inside joke came to fruition, I shall use it anyway:  Godzilla.