Author Topic: CT Figurines  (Read 4365 times)

Specter

• Porrean (+50)
  • Aphotic Fortissimo
    • View Profile
    • http://specter.sheezyart.com
CT Figurines
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:26:06 am »
Hey Chrono community, just popping in to drop off a valuable discovery. Someone in Square-Enix must have been thinking about CT, because Kotaku is reporting that a four piece set of Chrono Trigger figurines recreating classic moments from the game's artwork are currently available on pre-order. Maybe there's renewed interest in the series? One can only hope...

EDIT: Looks like it's actually a five piece set; not sure why the Marle one isn't being sold with the rest. Various vendors may have various supplies, or something thereabouts.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:47:53 am by Specter »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: CT Figurines
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55:13 pm »
I waaaants them!

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:47 am »
I want the one with Lucca repairing Robo the most  :o but they are all so cool! I don't think I would be able to get them in my city, though  :cry:

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:32:00 am »
Those have been available on various sites for a while now, but SO NOT FAIR - the one with Marle and Crono is most certainly not being sold anywhere. That sucks so much, because that's one of my favorite scenes that Akira Toriyama did poster art of.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:10:07 pm »
Old news...I just searched "figurines", but w/e, I don't recall if it was ever put up as a news piece or not....

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:43:19 pm »
Hey Chrono community, just popping in to drop off a valuable discovery. Someone in Square-Enix must have been thinking about CT, because Kotaku is reporting that a four piece set of Chrono Trigger figurines recreating classic moments from the game's artwork are currently available on pre-order. Maybe there's renewed interest in the series? One can only hope...

EDIT: Looks like it's actually a five piece set; not sure why the Marle one isn't being sold with the rest. Various vendors may have various supplies, or something thereabouts.

Great news submission, but it lacks timeliness and it was already covered last April, so we can't really use this one as it is. If you can edit it into an 8-month follow-up talking about how the sales of been going, whether or not the figurines are still available, and where you can still get them if they are, then it'd become timely and newsworthy again.

I definitely like your writing style though, and I hope you submit some more news!

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 01:00:02 am »
If anyone wants to be awesome and buy me the Crono and Marle one I'll love you forever and draw you pretty artwork :D

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 02:35:44 pm »
I don't think I would be able to get them in my city, though  :cry:

I found a place in my city where I could purchase these, and they were on a reasonable price... I thought it through, and when I decided I did want them I discovered they are twice as expensive now, apparently the store purchased its products directly from japanese retailers, and after the tsunami all the prices went up. There was also a little note announcing that the store garantized that the products were not contamined with radiation... :shock: yikes! it never even ocurred to me the idea that they could come contamined with radiation. I should have purchased them the very first time I saw them  :cry:

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 04:07:27 pm »
I don't think I would be able to get them in my city, though  :cry:

I found a place in my city where I could purchase these, and they were on a reasonable price... I thought it through, and when I decided I did want them I discovered they are twice as expensive now, apparently the store purchased its products directly from japanese retailers, and after the tsunami all the prices went up. There was also a little note announcing that the store garantized that the products were not contamined with radiation... :shock: yikes! it never even ocurred to me the idea that they could come contamined with radiation. I should have purchased them the very first time I saw them  :cry:

I have never seen those figures at the local stores, so I have been wondering for a while which is the usual price for theme in Mexico since I got mine directly from Japan some months ago. The box included 6 figures (one of each type (no idea if it was intentional or if I was pretty damn lucky) and one duplicate, in my case, the Crono & Marle figure).

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:38 pm »
I think they were around 850 pesos the first time I saw them, which is something like 71 dollars. Now they cost around 1500 pesos, around 126 dollars. I think the package has all the five figures.

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 07:17:48 pm »
Mmmm… The figures seem to still be available in Japan as a set of 5 for 4200 yens (around $45-$50) but after all the extra fees we foreigners have to pay unfortunately 1500 pesos isn’t so far from reality… However it is still a decent price if the Marle figure is included (some Ebayers sell that figure alone for $80!)  :shock:

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 07:31:14 pm »
it's a little too expensive for me but I may still consider it ... but also I'm a little taken aback by the idea that it could come contamined with radiation  :(

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »
it's a little too expensive for me but I may still consider it ... but also I'm a little taken aback by the idea that it could come contamined with radiation  :(
If it makes you feel any better, up where I live, they've found trace amounts of radiation in our rainwater.

If you have the money for it, I'd say go for it. It's helping out the people out in Japan in a roundabout way AND you get the pride of owning these things. Plus, I don't think the radiation will be THAT bad... though don't hold me to that. I once said something like that at a science fair, and I'm still not allowed in any of the science classrooms.

Angerona

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 07:45:03 pm »
I totally understand how you feel… I have some stuff stored in Japan but I’m also a bit paranoid about the radiation… Sight… I guess there’s isn’t much I can do unless have the items shipped to my place or lose them… I think I’m going to ask at the post office bureau if any precaution is being taken regarding shipments from Japan (I want to believe that the government wouldn’t allow contaminated packages into the country… Sometimes I can be so naive... :roll:)

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »
My understanding is that the radiation danger isn't severe even in Japan itself, so long as you're not actually inside the evacuated zone around the problem nuclear plant (most areas received no additional radiation at all). Also, pretty much all the potentially dangerous radioactive particles that have been released have a short half-life (8 days for iodine-131), so even stuff that's in Fukushima right on top of the nuclear plant will probably be okay again within the next couple of months. Any radiation disclaimers you see on exported non-agricultural goods are intended to reassure people who have been listening to the more alarmist "news" outlets.