Author Topic: Breaking Down the Doors of Destiny, Vol. 1: Outreach to Mitsuda  (Read 12644 times)

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
Re: Breaking Down the Doors of Destiny, Vol. 1: Outreach to Mitsuda
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:26 am »
If I may suggest a few questions:

Are there any games you didn't work on that you wish you had?

If you could get a job working on any game with any developer, what would be your dream project?

Have you been able to play many games lately? If so, what have been some of your favorites?

After bQLSI Star Laser, do you see Procyon doing any more game development in the future?

In many of your older works, you composed the entirety of the soundtrack on your own; in most of your more recent games, you have collaborated with other composers. Is there a particular reason for this? Do you see yourself composing any other complete soundtracks in the future?

Have you ever considered branching out into writing music for movies or anime (like Koichi Sugiyama and Hitoshi Sakimoto)?

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »
askhim what he thinks of Never Been

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 05:25:04 pm »
Ok... I ordered the questions everyone posted by alphabetical order for usernames. Take a look real quick if you have a few minutes, and give a shout-out if you want anything of your own work altered, or if any more ideas have come to mind. Also, everything in red are my responses that relate to a post or question. Feel free to critique and/or add feedback to anything you read!

We have a good list so far. Thanks to everyone who contributed so far!! Special thanks to FaustWolf and Justin St Charles for their continued support!

Quote from:  chi_z
What are your favorite artists from jazz and/or from other world music?

Will you be using sampled instruments or real people to record the CC arrange album, like you did with MYTH?

Do you plan to release or remix the Radical Dreamers soundtrack?

Quote from:  FaustWolf
I wonder if Mitsuda's ever done something similar? Created a song with a particular person or experience in mind, I mean?

"chi_z: the ending of CT was originally something he had been working on for quite sometime, dedicated to someone. he never said who though, I'll try and find the interview."
Any luck finding it yet? I think we should definitely ask this. We can touch it up a little later too.

A question or two about Chrono Cross Arrange and Xenogears Arrange seem necessary, but I'm not sure what to ask -- hopefully the resident musicians and super Mitsuda buffs will have something in mind for that.
You posted afterward that it was released and that it did not get a whole lot of attention... maybe we can still get an update on the CC arrange though!

Quote from:  gatotsu911
Are there any games you didn’t work on that you wish you had?

If you could get a job working on any game with any developer, what would be your dream project?

Have you been able to play many games lately? If so, what have been some of your favorites?

After bQLSI Star Laser, do you see Procyon doing any more game development in the future?

In many of your older works, you composed the entirety of the soundtrack on your own; in most of your more recent games, you have collaborated with other composers. Is there a particular reason for this? Do you see yourself composing any other complete soundtracks in the future?

Have you ever considered branching out into writing music for movies or anime (like Koichi Sugiyama and Hitoshi Sakimoto)?

Quote from:  justinstcharlesmusic
How nervous were you having Nobuo Uematsu watch your every move while you composed the music for Chrono Trigger? Did this effect your process negatively or positively, if any?

Quote from:  kodokami
Do you have a favorite video game character?

Quote from:  Magus22
Would you still be interested in scoring the music for a new Chrono game or re-release?

Have you ever been overwhelmed with emotion by one of your own compositions?

During the rehearsal and/or recording from CT & CC, was there a song that someone (or musical section) completely botched?

What is the most memorable musical moment you recall when working on CT & CC ?

Was there any time you felt like a song did not belong in a particular place in any of your previous works?

What was the first instrument you ever played and do you still enjoy it today?

How did you get started in the music business?

How has your music evolved since you first began playing/producing music?

What are your rehearsals generally like? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?

Could you briefly describe the music-making process?

Who are your musical influences? Who were you musically inspired by?

What are your future music career goals in the next 5 years?

How did you decide on your name (Procyon Studio)?

Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows? April 1st at the Boston Hall, Boston, Mass. USA - was discovered by kattrali

Where would you love to perform and why?

Is there anyone you would like to write a song with or collaborate with in the future?

What advice would you give to young musicians today?

Quote from:  V_Translanka
Maybe ask who would be on his own personal Dream Team?
Seems like a great potential question to ask! Do you want to elaborate any more on this V?

Quote from:  wiz Khalifa
I am an artist myself and was wondering what you think of my song "Never Been" by Wiz Khalifa.

What do you think of other fan renditions of your works?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:00:21 pm by Magus22 »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 05:53:25 pm »
This post is for the short message we will add to get confirmation from Mitsuda. It may also be used as the direct letter containing the questions we select. Please add anything to this. As I said before, it is very rough.

Edit, critique, and keep the feedback coming.

Have your own version of a message? Post it here as well!

Possible intro (should it be any longer or should it get right to the point?)

Dear Mr. Mitsuda,

We are a community of fans from the Chrono Compendium, a fan site dedicated to the works of Chrono Trigger, Radical Dreamers (take this out?), and Chrono Cross. We have never been able to interview any individual who has had a hand in the development/production of the Chrono games. Would you be willing/interested to take part in our short interview about yourself and your works?

(Other fundamentals anyone would like to add in?)

[The next section would be to either wait for a reply back or attach our selected questions]

Example of format (perhaps we should leave extra room underneath each question as well...)

1. blah blah Blah blah blah...

2. blah the blah and blah blah the entity

3. Kato is teh entitities!! LOLz!!!

so on and so forth...

Concluding statement (multiple paths that determine the fate of our world!)

Thank you so much for your time Mr. Mitsuda! Our fan site has also tried hard to get in contact with your good friend, Masato Kato, over the many years. Have you conversed with him recently?

-OR-

How is Masato Kato doing these days? Do you believe Mr. Kato would take part in a short interview?

-OR-

Mr. Mitsuda, our Chrono Compendium has also desired to interview your friend Masato Kato. Would he be willing to answer some brief questions too?

Sincerely,

The Chrono Compendium

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »
looks good to me. change my MYTH question up a bit though, make it worded like this:

Will you be using sampled instruments or real people to record the CC arrange album, like you did with MYTH?

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 02:26:22 pm »
I can't think of any reason not to mention Radical Dreamers. I mean, it's a game. He worked on it.

Personally I'd wait for a response before sending in all the questions. It's a lot as is. Also, of the three closing statements I would definitely go with the first one; the other two might come off as a bit pushy.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
looks good to me. change my MYTH question up a bit though, make it worded like this

Done. Thanks bro!

I can't think of any reason not to mention Radical Dreamers. I mean, it's a game. He worked on it.

Personally I'd wait for a response before sending in all the questions. It's a lot as is. Also, of the three closing statements I would definitely go with the first one; the other two might come off as a bit pushy.

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the feedback! I also agree to send a message first to ask his permission and if he would be willing to take the time to do it.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 01:17:18 am »
Here's one,

do you plan to release or remix the Radical Dreamers soundtrack?

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 03:39:07 pm »
Quote from:  wiz Khalifa
ask him what he thinks of Never Been
Isn't he that rapper that just likes girls and weed? Any reason to ask Mitsuda this?
fool, Never Been is the title of a song off the Kush & Orange Juice mixtape, the rapper is yours truly, Wiz

as for reason to ask Mitsuda this...Cuz i wanna know what he thinks...Duh...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 04:47:34 pm »
You could expand the question to ask what he thinks of "Never Been" and other similar instances of fan artists sampling his compositions. That way everybody's happy.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:47 pm »
Fixed and updated from the last 3 posts.

Sorry Wiz! We can get a lot of impersonators here, but I reworded the question for you and added another one as well from Mr Bekkler's suggestion.

Thanks bro!

justinstcharlesmusic

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Echoes of the Algorithms
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2011, 06:10:41 pm »
Fixed and updated from the last 3 posts.

Sorry Wiz! We can get a lot of impersonators here, but I reworded the question for you and added another one as well from Mr Bekkler's suggestion.

Thanks bro!

Can't say I like this kids attitude...

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »
It seems quite a lot of people dislike Gale(the battle theme of Chrono Cross). Maybe we can ask  a question about that? Or maybe not...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2011, 10:38:51 pm »
"Gale" was a carryover from the Radical Dreamers soundtrack, right? I wonder if there's anything the fan community could ask about the relationship between the two soundtracks? I've always wondered why certain tracks from Radical Dreamers were kept and others tossed.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 11:09:00 am »
for the most part, he included whatever Kato wanted him to. the inclusion of CT and RD themes in the two overworlds were due to a suggestion to Mitsuda by Kato. I'm willing to bet the same with Star Stealing Girl, since Kato probably felt it a good theme for his character, Kid. There's a few ambient tracks that don't really have a place in CC, and the organ piece can really only be included in Fort Dragonia, or Terra Tower perhaps. Viper Manor stays for obvious reasons (because it's in both games in case someone can't figure out lol). No idea about the Lynx themes' exclusion, probably felt it didn't fit the aesthetics of CC as well. Same goes for that ending theme, he was specifically asked to do a vocal tune for the ending. In a way the epilogue theme was in CC because one of it's melodies features in the El Nido triangle undersea bit.