Author Topic: The Zeal Ruins  (Read 5217 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Re: The Zeal Ruins
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 01:29:34 am »
Maybe a Mayan relation lol.

Nokazon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 10:08:19 am »
Hi folks! I beat Chrono trigger (I am playing on Super nintendo) twice and now I am playing new game+. I thought a lot about Zeal's ruins and their meaning and I have some questions that bothering me.

1) How can I get inside of the pyramid on Ozzy island in Middle ages? I tried many things, but it is useless.

2) There are two strange islands in the kingdom of Zeal. (I suppose that one is the Sun's keep and the other one is some pyramid of light) How can I get there? Even NPCs talking that they know nothing about getting there.

Thanks in advance for any answers.  

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 11:03:36 am »
You can't in either case. The pyramid area can only be entered in 1000 AD, while the Sun Palace in 2300 AD.

chapapote

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 11:41:56 am »
Here's a little theory I've had... maybe more of a dream than a theory, even, but a theory nonetheless.

The Zeal ruins north of Medina, where you find the Swallow and the Safe Helm. If you remember, you can see that area in Zeal as well when you are there, but it is never accessible. I find this quite mysterious. I've often found myself wondering why they'd go through all that trouble just to keep a sword and some armor from being accessed. It seems like a waste of space. They protect it with the power of a pendant, and those items are outclassed by other items. What if there is something else there that is never explained in the game? Something so powerful or profound that it was locked up behind the power of a pendant so that it could stand the test of time? Perhaps something underground, perhaps something hidden. Who knows? We don't, obviously, but it's fun to play with the ideas of what could be there.

What do you all think?

Maybe those sealed chests you find across the whole world were also inside the pyramid, but they were scarcered during the 12000 incident, and the Swallow and the Safe Helm were the only items that stood inside the building.

NimmerStill

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:24 pm »
Right @chapapote, and there could have been other valuable items which decayed or were removed (possibly by surviving Enlightened ones that still had the key?) in the interim.

Dalton

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 06:13:50 am »
Maybe those sealed chests you find across the whole world were also inside the pyramid
NO. It's chests from other part of Zeal finding by fishermans and sailors.