Author Topic: [10000] Rip the complete English, Japanese, and French scripts of CT DS  (Read 31458 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: [10000] Rip the complete English, Japanese, and French scripts of CT DS
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2020, 03:22:56 am »
Those would be expected, but I think there were other changes that didn't had to do with the controllers.

Like, from the Discord chat:

Magus08/27/2018
:<
Frog: Are you Mad!!??!
Magus: I said he was dead. I didn't say it couldn't be undone.
...I think this is its own translation
I don't think this was the DS game's translation

how's this
AcaciaSgt08/27/2018
Hmm, looking up the script, it does seem to be different.
Magus: I said the fool was dead. I did not say his death could not be undone.

He also brought up that Queen Leene no longer mentions the leading party member after finding the Rainbow Shell. A picture was even uploaded, but I can't find it.

Anyway, I have an on-going playthrough of the Steam version in NG+ (I'm getting those ending achievements, as it were), so I can check out both cases if it's truly different from the DS script. Finding the DS script isn't hard when there's lots of video and picture LP's out there.

Meanwhile, it's kinda hard to find playthroughs of the Mobile/PC version. Most I found stopped before reaching those points.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2020, 03:28:56 am »
I checked the files you uploaded. The line's the same as in the DS version; they must have misquoted it. Also, the change to Queen Leene's line was already there in the DS localization (the use of the party member name remained in the Japanese text).

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2020, 03:37:49 am »
Oh really? Well, that solves that then.

Now that I think about it, I think I was likely misremembering as well. Like, the comparison was from SNES to DS, not DS to Mobile/PC. At least with Queen Leene's line.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2020, 01:28:12 pm »
If we're making a unified spreadsheet rather than a separate one, then we need to account for those lines that changed even in the Japanese DS version.
An eternity ago, I read from the BBS logs on Ms. Kotoi's site that some lines of dialogue were changed in the PS1 release, the examples given were colors to button names and Taban's line in the ending. Thanks to them leaving the substitute string entries in the US release code, I know from hacking research exactly which ones got changed, though not the Japanese text directly (I checked videos).
The only changes that weren't to button references were censorship of underage drinking. These seem to have carried over into the DS release, though the last one (Taban's) merged back in the "you're the hero" sentence.

The DS version probably has some revisions of its own, but the only one I know for sure is the guy who manages the races at the fair. And that line in the developer's ending now referencing the original game's release year.
レース中さ。
だまって見てな!

もし よそうをしたいなら
はしっている全員が そこに
そろった時 オレに話しかけな!

There's a race underway.
Be quiet and watch!

If you want to try and guess the next winner,
talk to me once the runners have lined up over
there after the race.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 01:46:51 pm by Vehek »