Author Topic: [10000] Rip the complete English, Japanese, and French scripts of CT DS  (Read 31444 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: [10000] Rip the complete English, Japanese, and French scripts of CT DS
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »
[@ITEM 41 (EN) ]
{COUNT} damage!
?'s {D7B6} is slowed!\0

Well I saw a lot of ?'s and {D7B6}, I wonder what are they.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2011, 12:51:17 pm »
D7B6 is another entry in the meta range--between D7B7={CronoNick} and D7B5={Tech?}, which I believe I assigned to what appeared to be the tech name in "Learned [tech]" messages--meaning that it's a placeholder for another complete string, possibly a tech/enemy tech/attribute name. The ?s are likely another meta entry, possibly the name of the Nth enemy in a given fight. Either way, the information can't be deciphered based on the font image--we need message samples from the actual game.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »
Augh. Everything Always Takes Longer Than You Think It Will, but I think that my part of this can finally be put to bed.

The attachment contains all the corrected script and message files (both the BIG and LITTLE directories), plus both file tables, both font images, and the mapping script as it was when I ran these through. Several corrections have been made to the big font table (tabone.txt.jptxt)--those mystery kanji in tech.msg turned to be due to the star character having somehow been omitted from the table, and there were a couple of similar blunders that are now fixed. There are still a few meta-substitutions and maybe one or two kanji missing, but I think they're few enough now that they can be dealt with by hand--they should be clearly marked with a four-digit code.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »
alfador, looks like the attachment didn't go through.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2011, 08:20:39 am »
Trying again.

Tg

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »
Any news on the script making? :)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2015, 11:20:49 pm »
Looking over at the to-do list, I remembered this already had quite the progress behind it. Looking back it seems most of it is still there. I think this could be easily finished if resumed.

Lavos, a one-eyed tick

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Yep, that's me. The big one-eyed space tick.
    • View Profile
Bestiary
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2019, 10:03:36 pm »
Seeing as the Bestiary contains data for every enemy in the game, including the bonus areas, would it be possible for anyone to copy it down here? I'm not sure if it's already been done or not, but being able to see all the data for all the enemies in one spot would be helpful. I've ran through the CT DS port many times and still can't seem to find some of the enemies, even some early-game.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2020, 01:21:56 am »
Merged into this one.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2020, 12:20:39 am »
I didn't knew if to make a new thread elsewhere for this or not, but...

On the subject of scripts, I decided to compile the ones from the Steam version. I even made a little excel file in an attempt to make a side by side comparison of a little sample text. Like the ones made for the SNES Retranslation. Some I went ahead and did things like preserve the in-game formatting, and even replace some of the <Name_X> parts for the PC's in a few of the languages.

Other than that, the dumped text as-is is in the other zip file. So, if the DS scripts are still a work in progress, here's the Mobile/PC ones in the meantime. Well, they should be almost exact as the DS ones, at least.

I think I got all the text files pertaining to in-game text. I might recheck it later if I missed anything.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2020, 12:30:12 am »
Oh nice! I forgot, but was this the first time it had been translated to all the other languages (than Japanese/English/French)?

...Man, my memory is completely gone; the English translation used was also the DS Tom Slattery one, right?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2020, 12:33:57 am »
Oh nice! I forgot, but was this the first time it had been translated to all the other languages (than Japanese/English/French)?

...Man, my memory is completely gone; the English translation used was also the DS Tom Slattery one, right?

I think for the German, Spanish, and Italian ones they come from the DS version, since it got released in Europe after all. At least, I'd assume so. The Korean and Chinese ones would be entirely new, I think.

It takes the DS script, yes, though I think some time ago in the Discord someone posted images about finding minute changes. So there are changes, if very few, from what I understand.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2020, 12:48:03 am »
Haha, just have to ask, is the Spanish version a certain dialect? Al fin hice algun progreso en mis estudios de español, y me pregunto si la traducción tiene unos mexicanismos geniales...I might as well replay the game using that version next.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2020, 12:56:53 am »
It's from Spain. It says so on Steam.

No Latin American Spanish translation for CT yet I'm afraid.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2020, 02:46:15 am »
As far as I know, the DS version only had Japanese, English, and French. The other languages came with the mobile ports.

I think the mobile port changed some text because the previous versions referred to the controller buttons, while the mobile port apparently popped up colored buttons when necessary. Some or all of it may have been reverted in the Steam version. (After a quick look, the files ending with "pad" use controller buttons.)
Examples:
Quote from: DS
Catchy rhythm, huh?
You can use the X, Y, L, and R Buttons to dance along!
Quote from: Mobile
Catchy rhythm, huh?
You can use the color buttons to dance along!
Quote from: DS
There is a note.

"The Director of Research ought to have the security lock release code written down somewhere in this room.

"He's a strange one, though, always writing in codes and what have you. Knowing him, he probably wrote it down backwards."

There is a note written by the Director of Research.
"Security lock release code: LLAB
I picked it because, well...I like things that are round."
Quote from: Mobile
There is a note.
"The Director of Research ought to have the security lock release code written down somewhere in this room.

"He's a strange one, though, always writing in riddles and what have you. Knowing him, he probably came up with some crazy color code."

There is a note written by the Director of Research.
"Security lock release code: Tomato."
"I picked it because, well...veggies are good for you. A tomato a day keeps the doctor away!"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 02:57:55 am by Vehek »