Author Topic: Chrono Shift Artwork  (Read 13043 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Shift Artwork
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 01:34:19 am »
So epic! :D

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 10:10:45 am »
I'm not sure if my criticism is wanted, Lady Marle, but here it is:

I feel like the drawings of the two women are more solid than those of the men.  In the former, you have distanced yourself more from Toriyama style and seem to have perhaps incorporated your own sense for accessorizing.  The men, however, are far more Toriyama inspired and show a weaker attempt to distinguish your style.  That their clothing is less distinct also renders their designs less interesting. 

I find Rush's face problematic.  He is the only one whom you attempted to draw from the front, demonstrating the difficulty of drawing the nose from this angle in this style.  The chin seems like a tacked on accessory of manliness which does not mesh organically with the otherwise very compressed face. This compression is perhaps due to a desire to have his head leaned downward, which would need to be shown more clearly through shadowing.

Norstein's face looks like Vegeta's (or Magus's), but with less detail and character.  Based on his personality in the demo, he is scholarly, sensible and rather goofy (as shown by his after-battle dance, a reference to his robotic appearance in Chrono Trigger).  It is important to keep these qualities in mind when drawing him.  I agree with your choice to make him slender, but he also seems rather short or small-bodied, like a child.

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 02:43:39 am »
I appreciate all the comments and criticism. I'm excited to say that we have the final line-up completed and it has been approved by the staff of Chrono Shift so without further...

Norstein Bekkler

Rush

Taven

Kiljoy

Sierra

Peddler

See you at the final!!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 06:56:02 am »
Aww, man! Half-sleeved? XD

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »
Aww, man! Half-sleeved? XD
Yeah, I goofed... if you look at the sprite he's half sleeved with gauntlets, or bracers or something on his wrists :\

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 06:25:31 pm »
Oh my god that looks amazing! :o :D